Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Parasite | Colon cleansing

anyone had any experience with parasite and/or colon cleansing products/treatments....my missus and i are thinking about doing this as a family with our 5 year old son....apparently if you are going to do it with the aim of removing parasites it really ought to be done by everyone in the household

there are a plethora of products out there ranging from £15 to hundreds.....i have no idea where to start....

anyone have any experience with this, with an idea of what works and what doesnt

some things ive looked at are colon x and parasite x

thanks in advance

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Parasite | Colon cleansing

What makes you think you have parasites?
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Eat a bag of pumpkin seeds. On the 3rd day of horrendous consciousness expanding shits any worms tend to get passed.

p.s. Don't risk farting for at least 5 days lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hotentot View Post
    anyone had any experience with parasite and/or colon cleansing products/treatments....my missus and i are thinking about doing this as a family with our 5 year old son....apparently if you are going to do it with the aim of removing parasites it really ought to be done by everyone in the household

there are a plethora of products out there ranging from £15 to hundreds.....i have no idea where to start....

anyone have any experience with this, with an idea of what works and what doesnt

some things ive looked at are colon x and parasite x

thanks in advance
    List some of the products because most of them are cons. If you want to cleanse the colon and get rid of parasites then there are some ways to do it without spending any money, for instance:

• Get the acid/alkaline balance right of the foods you eat.
    • Remove all refined sugar, alcohol, caffeine, vinegar and other fermented products, mushrooms and active yeasts from your diet.
    • Eat a largely raw vegetable based diet and drink only pure, filtered water
    • Remove all animal protein including dairy

You may also want to take additional soluble and insoluble fibre, such as psyllium husk and a good quality pre and probiotic.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if it aint broke dont fix it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    What makes you think you have parasites?
    from the research we have been doing it is stated that most humans have parasites at some stage in their life http://www.puristat.com/parasites/default.aspx

i do not personally beleive i have parasites but we have hit a dead end with a number of ailments our son has. we have been to GP's time and time again only to be given antibiotics for anyone of his symptoms, coughing/wheezing/shortness of breath and also eczyma/bed wetting (enuresis) and teeth grinding whilst sleeping and sent on our way

my missus has tried everything, and i mean everything including chinese herbal medicines & accupuncture and i must admit that we have seen the teeth grinding subside..

i am quite a sceptic about all this "alternative" therapy, but have agreed to consider the idea of atleast trying a colon/parasite cleanse after reading pages and pages of apparent success stories people have had with this when commercial medicine has failed........the problem i have is that im even sceptical about the stories i've read which is driving my missus crazy....i want/need to hear from real people who have tried it themselves before i go ahead with it

the products i have seen available range from parasite x http://mammaearth.com/Parasite-Clean...l/prod_33.html

to this one which is based upon a Dr Hulda Clark who dedicated her life in researching alternative therapies
    http://www.drclark.net/en/cleanses_c...e_cleanses.php

i suppose to summarize my question, does this form of treatment really work, do we all have these ghastly worms in us that we should get rid of........i do find it odd that we de-worm our pets but not ourselves

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't know mate so I can't comment, but I did read up a bit after your first post and seemed to find the same as you. I thought it sounded a bit like extreme treatment for a 5 yr old I have to be honest, but I do hope you can find some relief for the lad.

Thanks
    Karma Level

from the research we have been doing it is stated that most humans have parasites at some stage in their life http://www.puristat.com/parasites/default.aspx

i do not personally beleive i have parasites but we have hit a dead end with a number of ailments our son has. we have been to GP's time and time again only to be given antibiotics for anyone of his symptoms, coughing/wheezing/shortness of breath and also eczyma/bed wetting (enuresis) and teeth grinding whilst sleeping and sent on our way

my missus has tried everything, and i mean everything including chinese herbal medicines & accupuncture and i must admit that we have seen the teeth grinding subside..

i am quite a sceptic about all this "alternative" therapy, but have agreed to consider the idea of atleast trying a colon/parasite cleanse after reading pages and pages of apparent success stories people have had with this when commercial medicine has failed........the problem i have is that im even sceptical about the stories i've read which is driving my missus crazy....i want/need to hear from real people who have tried it themselves before i go ahead with it

the products i have seen available range from parasite x http://mammaearth.com/Parasite-Clean...l/prod_33.html

to this one which is based upon a Dr Hulda Clark who dedicated her life in researching alternative therapies

i suppose to summarize my question, does this form of treatment really work, do we all have these ghastly worms in us that we should get rid of........i do find it odd that we de-worm our pets but not ourselves

The symptoms you list have nothing to do with parasites that I can see.

They don't make you wet the bed or grind your teeth, those are symptoms of anxiety in my opinion.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ffs, I read the thread title just as I was taking a large bite of a beef sandwich...

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    The symptoms you list have nothing to do with parasites that I can see.

They don't make you wet the bed or grind your teeth, those are symptoms of anxiety in my opinion.
    I agree. If the doctors can't help there is no point in just making something up and trying it at random.

Most kids wet the bed with some finding it harder to grow out of that others and teeth grinding is a really common symptom for people of all ages. What has that go to do with bloody worms?

My uninformed guess would be that health problems and massive fretting and fannying around with alternative medicine, and general worrying of the lad by destroying the idea that adults can make anything better could be causing anxiety. No point in acting on any bollocks you read online though, if your current doctor hasn't figured it out then get another one.
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you want to throw money at the problem then my advice would be to have a face to face consultation with a registered Nutritional Therapist. Most childhood disorders, especially the ones you mention, can be addressed through diet and lifestyle.

To find a registered Nutritional Therapist near you use the BANT website.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hotentot

Sounds more like an allergy to me. Asthma and eczema seem to be linked, I'm no doctor but I've got a mate who has always had asthma & skin trouble. I have asthma & if I miss a dose of preventer or am affected by something or other my skin dries up. Haven't wet the bed for a while though. Hope you can find a solution for your lad, which isn't too extreme.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    If you want to throw money at the problem then my advice would be to have a face to face consultation with a registered Nutritional Therapist. Most childhood disorders, especially the ones you mention, can be addressed through diet and lifestyle.

To find a registered Nutritional Therapist near you use the BANT website.
    Apart from the fact that BANT and Nutritionists in general are completely discredited bollocks.

Full criticism: http://jdc325.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/bant-a-profile/

Case study of one of their former members giving totally shite advice and BANT then not telling the full story about it: http://www.badscience.net/2008/07/bl...lves/#more-747

Of the first five Google results for BANT, two are for the BANT website, one is about a Dutch town of the same name and two are of websites exposing the sham nature of the profession.

I believe the officially recognised and protected term for people to give advice on diet is dietician. As comedian Dara O'Briain says, "the difference between a dietician and a nutritionist is a bit like the difference between a dentist and toothologist."

I should say nutritionists are nowhere near as bad as other nonsense, properly discredited stuff like homoeopathy for example, and they are even employed by the NHS due to a shortage of qualified dieticians. They are employed as assistants or to study within the NHS though, and I believe the eventual aim is for them to become a proper dietician, to support the work of dieticians or to work in management and other overhead roles judging from the job titles on the NHS recruitment site. Incidentally, the NHS appear to work with The Nutrition Society and not BANT, although they may also work with BANT and just not mention it. http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/details...lt.aspx?Id=840

Here's some more information on the debate with some cases of nutritionists giving out information ranging from "baffling" to "dangerous" for some patients http://holfordwatch.info/2009/07/13/...ts-in-the-nhs/
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPlAnKs View Post
    Apart from the fact that BANT and Nutritionists in general are completely discredited bollocks.

Full criticism: http://jdc325.wordpress.com/2010/05/04/bant-a-profile/

Case study of one of their former members giving totally shite advice and BANT then not telling the full story about it: http://www.badscience.net/2008/07/bl...lves/#more-747

Of the first five Google results for BANT, two are for the BANT website, one is about a Dutch town of the same name and two are of websites exposing the sham nature of the profession.

I believe the officially recognised and protected term for people to give advice on diet is dietician. As comedian Dara O'Briain says, "the difference between a dietician and a nutritionist is a bit like the difference between a dentist and toothologist."

I should say nutritionists are nowhere near as bad as other nonsense, properly discredited stuff like homoeopathy for example, and they are even employed by the NHS due to a shortage of qualified dieticians. They are employed as assistants or to study within the NHS though, and I believe the eventual aim is for them to become a proper dietician, to support the work of dieticians or to work in management and other overhead roles judging from the job titles on the NHS recruitment site. Incidentally, the NHS appear to work with The Nutrition Society and not BANT, although they may also work with BANT and just not mention it. http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/details...lt.aspx?Id=840

Here's some more information on the debate with some cases of nutritionists giving out information ranging from "baffling" to "dangerous" for some patients http://holfordwatch.info/2009/07/13/...ts-in-the-nhs/
    You haven't got a fucking clue what you are talking about. I work with 3 highly qualified Nutritionists on a daily basis. All of them have either a BSc or Master's from very respectable mainstream UK Universities and they do great work on a daily basis.
    All of their treatment is based on peer reviewed research and they genuinely help people on a day to day basis and get real results.

Unfortunately there are those who are charlatans within the profession, but like any profession, including Doctors you are always going to one or two. I could just as easily point to stories featuring Doctors licensed by the General Medical Council who have done something similar.

Taking a couple of incidences completely out of context and using that as your reason for posting such bollocks says a lot about you and you knowledge of the subject.

Only in Britain do we have this attitude to Natural Health, while every day thousands die needlessly due to complications caused by Pharmaceutical drugs prescribed by 'Mainstream' Doctors.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    You haven't got a fucking clue what you are talking about. I work with 3 highly qualified Nutritionists on a daily basis. All of them have either a BSc or Master's from very respectable mainstream UK Universities and they do great work on a daily basis.
    All of their treatment is based on peer reviewed research and they genuinely help people on a day to day basis and get real results.

Unfortunately there are those who are charlatans within the profession, but like any profession, including Doctors you are always going to one or two. I could just as easily point to stories featuring Doctors licensed by the General Medical Council who have done something similar.

Taking a couple of incidences completely out of context and using that as your reason for posting such bollocks says a lot about you and you knowledge of the subject.

Only in Britain do we have this attitude to Natural Health, while every day thousands die needlessly due to complications caused by Pharmaceutical drugs prescribed by 'Mainstream' Doctors.
    I'm afraid TwoPlanks is an instant expert on just about everything courtesy of Mr Google!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

There are many allergy/intolerance related conditions which are not understood and plenty of Charlatans to fill the gaps in our knowledge, it's a tough job to find the good ones among the shite but you are doing the right thing asking friends family and contacts on here.