Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Estrogen in tap water - sex is off the menu

Around 3 months ago I decided to take the more environmental route and stopped drinking bottled water in favour of filtered tap water. I don't drink tea, coffee, soft drinks etc., it's exclusively water so I get through at least 1.5-2L daily.

In the last few months I have also noticed a very pronounced decrease in my libido but I didn't immediately link the two. Then, by chance, I happened on an article about Estrogen in tap water. This is due to being contained in high levels in female urine (due to the pill) and out of date contraceptive medication being flushed down the toilet. It appears lots of pharmaceutical drugs end up being pissed back into the system and are not removed by water treatment.

Here's an article from the New Scientist:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...ing-water.html

It's based on the US, but I suspect the UK is very similar. It claims the levels of chemicals are safe, but I can only go from my own personal experience.

The upside is I have cut down on my use of mansize tissues and my partner's sphincter has regained some elasticity. But I'll be honest, I preferred having a higher sex drive and think I'll be going back to bottled water pretty soon. So, if it means the planet has to die so I can get back to wanking 3 times a day, then thats the way it'll have to be.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Estrogen in tap water - sex is off the menu

There was something about this on tv the other week that touched on this i think - the program was shit but interesting all the same - was this one

Thanks
    Karma Level

Get yourself a reverse osmosis filter, it will remove all organic compounds including oestrogen... BTW that is the correct British spelling
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Get yourself a reverse osmosis filter, it will remove all organic compounds including oestrogen... BTW that is the correct British spelling
    good advice
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You beat me to it....not on the filter on the spelling!!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    You beat me to it....not on the filter on the spelling!!
    Oestrogen, Estrogen, pah! My cock won't work you cunts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Oestrogen, Estrogen, pah! My cock won't work you cunts.
    I think you're just looking for excuses... Oestrogen in the water my bollocks
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you're just looking for excuses... Oestrogen in the water my bollocks
    I suspect some shrinkage of the bollocks may have taken place too. My previously tight tanga briefs have become visibly less snug in that area. I've taken to inserting a fold in the pouch and securing it with a safety pin in order to feel the black satin on my scrotum.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't be so sure....... It's the synthetic oestrogen we need to worry about along with 90% of the other pharmacuticals on the market. They all pass straight through the R.O. system.

R.O. followed by GAC filtration will remove a lot more of the nasty stuff but in the end we will all be multi-tasking and getting soft furnishings at the weekend.......
    PSN - ThirtyQuidKid

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gurry View Post
    Don't be so sure....... It's the synthetic oestrogen we need to worry about along with 90% of the other pharmacuticals on the market. They all pass straight through the R.O. system
    Not according to this site matey.

Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System

• Removes all organic compounds including oestrogen and synthetic oestrogen
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I always thought they would be silly expensive but that doesn't seem bad at all compared to brita filters.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nice site. I would however argue that it is the GAC filter in the system that will remove some of it. I am dubious about the claims they make on there without seeing some test results or technical info on the semipermeable membrane used.

The experience I have working with a 4 Stage industrial R.O. system renders poor results for removal of most pharmacuticals due to the pore size of the semipermeable membranes required balanced against energy usage. I did some testing with smaller pore semipermeable membranes and they did remove more junk however the cost for large scale production spirals out of control when you consider the energy required to run the system efficiently.

For that single stage system it may be possible that they use a smaller pore size but without a high power pump I doubt you would get much usable water and a hell of a lot of waste "brine" produced, not good if you have a water meter.....

Not trying to put a damper on things I just don't want anyone wasting money on devices that don't do what they claim.
    Last edited by gurry; 25th September 2010 at 07:25 PM.
    PSN - ThirtyQuidKid

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Very, very old news, many years in fact. Sorry about your cock though!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Very, very old news, many years in fact. Sorry about your cock though!
    Any excuse for CJs acornitis!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought I'd give everyone an update. Just after the op I returned to bottled water and for the first few weeks didn't see any difference. However, over the last week or so my libido has certainly started to recover.

Another side effect I didn't report in my op was an increase in anger, or an increased lack of tolerance for certain situations, especially in my professional life. This too has started to wane and I am nearly back to my normal self. Firm but fair. Could this have been down to the many pharmaceuticals prescribed for a myriad of mental issues reportly now in our tap water?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Could this have been down to the many pharmaceuticals prescribed for a myriad of mental issues reportly now in our tap water?
    I would really question this notion that our, or rather your water is polluted with pharmaceutical bi-products. Just how many people are taking medicines for Psychiatric illnesses? how much of that drug is excreted in its active form (most drugs are completely broken down by first pass metabolism)? and how could trace amounts of drug (in the order of 1 part per billion/trillion/squillion) really have a therapeutic effect?..... unless of course you believe in homeopathy/fairies at the bottom of the garden

Come on CJ, engage with me on this.. your cock health is of the utmost importance to me, to the extent that I will take these recommendations back to my people.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Come on CJ, engage with me on this.. your cock health is of the utmost importance to me, to the extent that I will take these recommendations back to my people.
    I can only relay what I've experienced. Granted, it wasn't a double-blind placebo controlled study spanning 20 years with the results massaged to keep my shareholders happy.

My feelings about the pharmaceutical industry are well documented, but the motivation for posting was based purely on the physical changes to my mind and body over the last 4 months or so. I know you feel I'm having a dig at your industry, but I am genuinely concerned.

Stone Age Britons didn't take the contraceptive Pill or Prozac. So, I'll be drinking water filtered for 5000 years through the mineral rich hills of the Peak district from now on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Stone Age Britons didn't take the contraceptive Pill or Prozac. So, I'll be drinking water filtered for 5000 years through the mineral rich hills of the Peak district from now on. [/quote]
    totally agree but check on the bottle it gat a sell by date wots that all about,it being filtered for 5000 years and they put a sell by date on lolololololol
    there are two kind of people in this world those who are GEORDIES and those who would like to be a GEORDIE.......

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie;
    Stone Age Britons didn't take the contraceptive Pill or Prozac. So, I'll be drinking water filtered for 5000 years through the mineral rich hills of the Peak district from now on.
    Collected in clay urns I hope, otherwise you'll be blaming BPA leechates from plastic bottles next in your worldwide conspiracy
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Collected in clay urns I hope, otherwise you'll be blaming BPA leechates from plastic bottles next in your worldwide conspiracy
    PET doesn't contain BPA. It's a common misconception that it does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast