Close

Thread: Machete

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Machete

Wow!

Watched this last night and I really like this film. I had seen the trailer a while back, and the fake one in Grindhouse, but obviously didn't pay too much attention to the cast.

It stars Danny Trejo as the lead, and you would not want to meet this f*cker in a dark alley... Lindsey Lohan, Don Johnson, Robert De Niro and Steven Seagal all play parts. You'll recognise a few people from Lost in it as well. Oh yeah... and Jessica Alba.

About her... Now she is pretty, and if I recall right, not too bad of an actress. However in this film I can't help but think she's been mis-cast. I don't think she plays the part too well, and the other people in this movie "fit" a lot better.

That aside this movie is awesome. Lots of action, very violent, bloody in parts but overall very good to watch! There are some dark funny parts to it as well.

I definitely recommend this to any old style Tarantino fans. Better than Tarantino's last few flicks too IMO. From the first 5 minutes, I knew I was going to enjoy the film ;-)

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Machete

I thought it was pretty good and was suprised to see it had such an all star cast. The fight scenes were ok, but I just felt the action was too fast paced at times so I couldn't really see what was happening. A minor gripe though and overall definitely worth a look.

I agree that Alba was miscast. I actually thought michelle rodriguez was much hotter, she was hotter in every scene they both featured in. Alba is too skinny.

BTW - Quentin only contributed as an uncredited member of the production team, along with 17 other producers. Robert Rodriguez & Ethan Maniquis directed it.
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Machete

Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    Alba. As in Jessica Alba? Wtf Michelle Rodriguez the lesbain looking geezerbird fitter than Jessica Alba? Should have gone to specsavers Amo!
    Well, for me she's much sexier than Alba in this film specifically. Alba just looks like a plain jane in need of a good meal. Michelle has looked dodgy in the past, but I think she's got some sex appeal in this film.

I'm not alone in saying she was hotter than Alba either...
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985694/...read/170257921
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wow, just seen this and loved it!
    Posting on Tapatalk so can't rate so will do that later.
    Got to agree on Michelle, but I reckon she has had surgery... Compare her to Fast & Furious (1st one).

Watch this movie though!!
    We all make mistakes sometimes