Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Dodgy Windows Salesmen

About an hour ago my mum n dad had a knock on the door, it was a youngish window salesman. My dad asked him to come round to the side entrance (where the cctv camera is) as he needed a quote for a couple of windows on the house. He seemed genuine, and my dad filled a form out and the bloke said he'll ring him. Then 2 minutes after he left my dad had a call on his mobile, it was another windows saleman saying he's just filled a form out and he'd asked for a quote. This seemed dodgy as it was literally 2 minutes after he shut the door on the other one. The person on the phone said they gotta arrange a time for when my he (my dad) and his wife are in. The person didn't know my my dad had a wife or anything. My dad asked what's it to do with his wife, and he said they both just have to be there. My dad basically told him to forget it then and forget the quote.

Then literally 2 minutes after that a 3rd person knocked on the door, with a tattoo on his neck, looked dodgy as fook. He again said they have to come in and sit down and go through designs and all this crap and my dad and mom both have to be there. Again how did they know my mom was even living there etc. My dad basically told him to piss off then and forget the whole thing.

I got the 2 on camera, mid 20's but haven't really got a view of their faces. The 2nd one who came to the door, knocked and moved out of view of the camera further up the path. All seems dodgy to me, espesh after insisting they had to come in.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Dodgy Windows Salesmen

I'd give the old bill a call and pass on as much info as you can. They'll follow it up because it should be easy to track them down and it's another tick in the box for the stats.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I concur... could possibly be they want passive entry, suss who's in etc. and rob the place. Then again, I'm a natural skeptic.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Inform the police that way someone more vunrable wont get scammed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    I concur... could possibly be they want passive entry, suss who's in etc. and rob the place. Then again, I'm a natural skeptic.
    i'm with you on this one, i have heard of scams like this before, was rife in the asian community in burnley at one point, word got around and people got wiser.
    "When i rape you i'll remember to make sure your kneeling facing the television with Fawlty towers on uk gold." - B.I.G.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

double glazing cold callers more or less died out 25 years ago and even then it wasn't done the way you have described
    but wanting them both there sounds about right because basicly if you have joint accounts they want both to sign

still has scam written all over it to me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Even if we needed new windows I wouldn't speak to anyone who just knocked on the door about the problem.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

I always tell salesman at my door to fuck off or ill cut their feet off. In America this always gives good shock value and I rarely get a visit now. They think im fucking mental around here. Which i am of course.