Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Fan no longer works on a jtag console ?

Hi guys , my friend has asked me to take a look at his console as it was over heating , turns out the fan no longer works , ive tried anther fan and that doesnt work , the jtag thing he had done by someone on ebay has never worked from day one not sure what he was on about but he said when he had it back he had to put a code in and he did it wrong and wouldnt work from then on ? Anyways would the wiring for the jtag have any thing to do with this ? and can i rewire the fan else where ?

thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fan no longer works on a jtag console ?

This maybe a really stupid question but have you checked he hasn't set the fan speed to zero on the alternative dash?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Um no ive not seen a jtag console before , when i turn it on it looks same as any other so didnt check , will do now .

thanks

Just turned it on and looks same as normal console ? do u have to boot it in a special way ? also ive just got the console and no HD its def been jtaged as got wires etc soldered here and there .

thanks for ure time hope i dont sound to dumb lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

It won't be FSD if your booting to the normal dash, as the fans act normally until you boot into it and it remembers the settings (ie. 0 fan speed).

Have you tried another fan as the one in it might have died, simply replace it.

To start with grab xexMenu, burn to a cd and boot it up in the console.
    From here you can run xex files to boot games from external HD, or load into apps (FSD etc) that will let you boot Live Arcade games.

Do a bit of reading, xbox-scene has loads of good guides on setting up quickboots, booting straght to replacement dash and loads of other goodies.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What dash revision is it running

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you can dump the nand image, run it through 360_Flash_Tool_v0.95 on the right hand pane it will say bad/kv don't worry about this, click tools edit config, on the top left hand are the fan speeds in the bios make sure these are set to a percentage or auto mode, and not set to 0% or off.
    On the same page on the right in the middle are the speed in which the fans speed up for cooling make sure they say something like this
    080°C;075°C;078°C - 100°C;100°C;102°C

Hope that helps

Ted
    Lots of my repairs and pictures of retro stuff on my twitter.

https://twitter.com/Big_ted1?t=s9zEZ...Z-npEyeKA&s=09

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers guys , ive tried a different fan and no joy , i dont think it could be the settings as the boy who's 360 is it hasnt had the jtag part running since he's had it , heres the story lol
    The 360 belongs to my mates son , he bought him a new one a few months back and i said id flash it for him , when i had it it was the new drive which requires cuting tracks etc so told him i couldnt do it but knew guys etc who could but it would cost him so he had it back , next thing i no's is his son swapped it for a old 360 with a kid in school and he sent it off to someone on ebay and had it flashed and jtagged , when he had it back apparently he had to put some code in ( not sure what he's on about) which he said he did wrong and made the jtag useless and so just used it as a normal flashed 360 , now he's asked me to look at as its having 2 red lights , turns out the fans dont work , so i havnt a clue if he's done something to it or it just stoped working , also the 360 has been x-clamped so ive done a bit of reading and will take a feed from the board by the power suppy points and see how that goes , he's not interested in getting the jtag working just wants to get it working and flogging it i think .

cheers guys for all ure help

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This is strange 1, my falcon jtag fans have also stopped working. Weird thing is, every so often my jtag erorrs with e79. If i reflash it it is then fine, but like i said my fans have now stopped working. Ive flashed back the original nand but they still dont work. Swapped them with other fans, but still the same. Any ideas guys??

Update ......

I replaced the mofset directly under the fan connector and the fans are working again
    Last edited by TAR; 23rd September 2011 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks to TAR

rIKmAN (25th September 2011)