Close

Thread: Don't look down

Thanks
    Karma Level

crazy Don't look down

Don't look down: White van and driver airlifted to safety after satnav error sends him to top of mountain
    This white van man had a lucky escape after his satnav sent him to the top of a mountain by mistake.

Driver Robert Ziegler, 37, found himself stranded near the peak at Bergun, Switzerland, after he was directed up a 'glorified goat track'.

Unable to go forward or turn around to go back the way he came, he was forced to call the emergency services.

Stuck: Driver Robert Ziegler found himself stranded at the top of a mountain in Bergun, Switzerland

Ordeal: The white van is winched to safety by a helicopter

Rescue workers scrambled a heavy lifting helicopter to carry the van and its driver to safety after he dialed for help on his mobile phone.
    'I was lost and I kept hoping that each little turn would get me back to the main road. In the end it told me to turn around but of course I couldn't by then,' Mr Ziegler told police.
    A fire brigade spokesman said: 'He claims he didn't see any footpath signs but he must have been a pretty fair driver to get that far up a glorified goat track.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz10xV4MR7o

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Don't look down

Bloody idiot, I suppose somebody who didn't realise that obviously wasn't the road would also have forgotten reverse gear. A very dramatic rescue though, looks like ace fun.
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

He must have borrowed my fucking usles tomtom..
    Neil.....TomTom go300/500/730..Mio p550......2.8 lwb pajero exeed,where cant I go.
    Firmware:8.4.1..Western Europe 855.2880 and lots of others

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bet while dangling from that chopper all you would hear from the van is...

"Turn around when possible"
    If nature always takes the easiest route, what's easier...?
    The creation of billions of galaxies each containing trillions of stars each with their own solar systems, some with planets that have evolved civilisations with billions of different life forms. OR The creation of just your imagination?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rugrat View Post
    He must have borrowed my fucking usles tomtom..
    no, i've got that, and its the irish version called the jon joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5rjZ709gsc
    "When i rape you i'll remember to make sure your kneeling facing the television with Fawlty towers on uk gold." - B.I.G.

Social Networking Bookmarks