Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default a little bit of help please

My 7 year old loves playing these hidden object games on big fish and is forever taking over my computer so i am trying to get an old one up and running as the prosessor has gone and i aint got a heat sink for it but i am unsure what processor it will take and what ram got everything else here is the motherboard details

http://www.kabinet.cz/stuff/hw/mothe...0-%20Core.htm#

Now i am pretty sure it will take any amd single core upto 3.2mhz and it has to be for a 462 socket and the ram has to be 184pin ddr ram at speeds of 266,333 or 400 i have built my a computer before but that was with advice on the parts so i know what to do with them, just want to make sure they will work ok if i get them.
    Also will it be able to play facebook games and hidden object games ok or will it need a new graphics card or wont the motherboard handle them.

Thanks in advance.
    [live=blue1878]blue1878[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: a little bit of help please

Hi M8

It will take Skt A/462 duron,Athlon and sempron cpu's not many of those around new though, they are cheap enough on ebay the Heatsink is compatible with Stk A/462, as for ram its pretty cheap for old ddr,however i got a couple of spare 256mb sticks if u are struggleing to find anythin bigger you are welcome to them. The graphics shouldn't need upgraded either

hope that helps

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: a little bit of help please

Thanks furry gonna look on ebay for the bits thought i was right just wanted to make sure
    [live=blue1878]blue1878[/live]

Social Networking Bookmarks