I am looking for some trade suppliers of PC hardware and components. Currently I rely on companies such as Scan and Lambdatek, the latter of which dropships from companies like Computer2000.

I have contacted Computer2000 and their requirement is you are VAT registered, but they will allow sole traders. I have a meeting with my accountant on Wednesday to go over the benefits and drawbacks of registering for VAT.

I have looked around for other trade suppliers who offer a wide range of products but I cannot find any. Many claim to be trade suppliers but their prices are equal to or often over the cheapest retail price.

Does anyone on here have companies they can recommend? All local self employed professionals I know such as carpet fitters and electricians say that parts should be the easiest money you make (20% immediately) and someone I know who is opening a bike shop said the margins are 30-40% on a lot of top end bikes. I am charging little or nothing over cost price even though I spend my time working out which hardware is compatible, does the best job, and where's cheapest to buy from, ordering and receiving.

Cheers