Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Samsung "Vibrant "Galaxy S - Can this be used by uk network from scratch?

Hi All,

I think I may have done something really stupid and just want to get your opinions on this phone to see if it can be used here in the UK vs its original destination USA.

I purchased phone in ioffer, it didnt describe it as a "VIBRANT" but rather a galaxy s but am now thinking it is more likely to be a "VIBRANT" due to it being from USA.

It is from the T-mobile network the seller said but I am not sure if it is sim locked etc so was wondering if we had anyone with any knowledge of this and if it is possible to use it straight out of the box here in the UK on Vodafone etc.

The seller was not able to advise if it was sim locked or not when I asked.

Would a UK firmware flash work on this using a galaxy s i9000 firmware?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Samsung "Vibrant "Galaxy S - Can this be used by uk network from scratch?

If this is the phone

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_vibrant-3416.php

Unlock (or flash)the phone and you'll be good to go

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Samsung "Vibrant "Galaxy S - Can this be used by uk network from scratch?

Hi Sanj,

Thanks for the reply, just flash it with a i900 from the UK firmware and its good to go? I am not sure if I will be able to unlock it if its sim locked to American t-mobile?

Is there any good sites that would have the firmware? and any recommendations of what would be good to stick on there. Seller says it comes with 16gb of memory so any good paid for stuff that is not paid for links would be much appreciated lol ?

Is there any apps out there that allows you to view microsoft office products on your phone?

If links are not allowed any chance of sending me a private message with some useful links? I am very new to this android scene sorry for being a noob.

Never owned a droid phone moving on up from a n97.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf72 View Post
    Hi Sanj,

Thanks for the reply, just flash it with a i900 from the UK firmware and its good to go? I am not sure if I will be able to unlock it if its sim locked to American t-mobile?

Is there any good sites that would have the firmware? and any recommendations of what would be good to stick on there. Seller says it comes with 16gb of memory so any good paid for stuff that is not paid for links would be much appreciated lol ?

Is there any apps out there that allows you to view microsoft office products on your phone?

If links are not allowed any chance of sending me a private message with some useful links? I am very new to this android scene sorry for being a noob.

Never owned a droid phone moving on up from a n97.

Thanks in advance
    There should be something here ROM wise for you, I can't recommend any as I have a Desire http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=656

This site has loads of Android apps that fit your description http://www.ipmart-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=800

Regarding MS Office files http://www.bnet.com/blog/businesstip...nts-to-go/3343

You'll be glad you got rid of that N97 piece of shite
    360 ID: Symate

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers for those links much appreciated. I have to wait 14 days for the phone to arrive so that will give me some time to research some more.

Is android apps etc the same idea as pc's operating systems it doesn't matter what phone you have you can install any app and you don't need to worry re screen sizes etc?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm not sure which rom you'll need to flash it with but usually when you flash it with a custom rom it gets rid of the sim lock at the same time

Thanks
    Karma Level

I havent been on on xda developers since i got rid of my touch hd but EVERYTHING you need is in the link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=711

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sanj,

Thank you very much its appreciated m8