Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champix

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Champix

Hey

My doctor is keen to whip my health back into shape and has decided I should give up smoking, I have been prescribed a 2 week starter pack of Champix, just wondering if anyone can share their experiences with this drug?

Cheers.
    You Failed To Maintain Your Weapon

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Champix

this stuff worked great for me that was over three years ago no side affects at all not everybodys the same the first lot my brother took did nothing and he ended up smoking more but the second lot he tried worked i think alot of it is in your mind and if you dont want to quit you wont but if you really want to quit then this stuff should do the trick

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks robbo glad to hear they worked for you mate, did you notice any improvement on your general health after qutting?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Let me tell you how good this was for me.

i smoked right up to the quit day..

first day was a lot easier than i thought, second day was a breeze and third was just the same.

in fact the champix took away the urge so much that i kept forgetting to take the tablets as there was nothing to remind me i needed to take them.

chucked the tablets away half way through the course and could not believe how easy that was..

few facts...

i smoked 30 a day mon to fri while at work and a few more on me days off,,and shed loads more when out or maybee that was giving them away.

its been a few weeks over a year now and just the odd thought pops into my head.

if your at work and start to crave then look out the window at the daft buggers crammed in the smoking shelter in the gale force wind and rain trying to smoke a ciggy, then approach one and have a sniff....yes you did smell as bad as that.

oh a have gained a few stone in weight but i can work on that, oh me and the wife are now £400+ a month better off, yes count it, £400 smackers..

good luck to you and if you get to a sticky moment, get back to this thread and i will help make you feel better.

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

As above I also did a 3 month course in 2008 and finished up halfway through. Just follow the instructions and they will be fine, The side effects I suffered were I felt really sick after taking the pill for a few hours and it affected my sleep patterns. I know they were worried about giving them to people as in the U.S as there was a spate of suicides. I would totally recommend them though mate I haven't smoked since May 08 and feel much better for it. Even after a beer I still don't crave them.

Good Luck

Thanks
    Karma Level

got to agree about the weight gain put on about three stone but used the money i saved on gym membership i found my self being able to run round with the kids something i didnt do as a smoker best of luck with it

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Stopped for 2 months on theese, kept forgetting to take the tablets after a few weeks, and thought Id cracked it. Initial week of taking them they did make me tired. I was also experiecing the most weirdest and vivid dreams ever.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ex girlfriend quit using these took the course as prescribed and never smoked again since been off the fags now for over 2 year and cant even stand the mell of smoke anymore also couple of people at work have had good results with champix but on other hand i have a cousin who is a heavy smoker and he tried the tablets but was smoking again few weeks later so suppose an element of will power is still involved

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for all the replies , good to hear other peoples experiences

I am only on day 3 of the tablets but already I have noticed a change in how the cigarettes taste. I just hope I dont pile the pounds on after quitting, as I could do with losing weight not gaining more lol.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

update please.....have you cracked it? what experiences did you have with champix. Looking agian at taking them. Im sick of blowing fag ash out my keyboard. yuk.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Missus has used e-cigs from smartsmoker.com. Was using them for 9 weeks then just stopped using them. Now 15 weeks in she isn't using anything.

She tried that champix and other stop smoking aids and it just didn't work. Good thing about the e-cig is that your still getting the nicotine but not the other stuff. Plus it save shit loads of money. Start up is high but you can get that back just from the starter kit. It's £50 for 100 carts and each cart is between 12 and 14 normal cigs. Also these can be used indoors where there is a smoking ban.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sure they where Champix? Where you get them? Not Dave down the street?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got mine from my GP, just started this week, on day 3 today.
    So far so good, have reduced my intake from 15-20 a day down to around 3-5 with desire to smoke less and less. I start to crave one, nip outside and no sooner have I sparked up am i thinking about stubbing it out and heading in again. They are starting to taste different too. No way near as pleasureable as previous.
    So all in all a good sign, have had some muscluar aches and pains but not sure if this just a cold or not. No other side effects to date.
    I have set my final smoking day as Day 10 and feel confident that will easily be achieved.
    What I like about this method is if i smoke it's not back to square one again, unlike patches or cold turkey.
    My Kit - A camera thingy or two, some lenses, two eye's and a heap of imagination.
    My Websites - My Flickr :: My Blog :: My Site

Thanks
    Karma Level

Me and my missus both used champix three years ago.
    We both went from 20/30 a day and i wanted to give up before one of us got cancer (ironic i should have seen that one coming really)
    i wanted to give up but my missus didnt so i forced her into it shes glad i did now though.

The only side affect we both had was very vivid dreams that seemed almost real and they were very odd dreams too like aliens and shit.

Other than that we stuck to the plan and almost gave up after a week or so of using the champix.
    Found it a piece of piss too

You will notice while walking around tescos and such that smokers now stink and you can smell a smoker from a mile off.
    Even after three years i havent had one tiny thought of sparking up a fag (even when i was diagnosed with cancer 1year after quitting)

Good luck to you my friend just bear with it.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

result Re: Champix

my wife and self used champix too and we're just 2 yrs into being ciggy free----but I'm a big fat stinker now and probably less fit than when I was 4 stones lighter-(though I did have a leg amputated above knee early in the year so that didn't help keeping weight off)
    In all seriousness though I'm glad we did it. I tried before using zyban and did 10 months before going full bore nuts---I became crazy aggressive and ended up being locked up after losing the plot and attacking a guy who lived near-by. Champix was fairly uneventfull, I just became uninterested in smoking---strange how it works really.
    I did the full extended treatment of I think it was 3 months maybe a touch more but it worked a treat.

I just smoke biscuits and cakes now -
    oh.....-knocked drinking on the head too.!! Dont like hangovers so havent drunk in over a year----not a bad idea with just 1 leg anyway me thinks

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm on day 5 of the champix, dreams are more apparent but nothing strange as yet, noticed my overall mood to be a little lower than normal, smoking still as per normal but have noticed the cigs are not giving me the kick I norm get so im guessing the champix is starting to kick in.

Sleeps been a little un-even too, it feels like im half asleep most the night "insomnia?" but determined to crack smoking this time so putting up with what happens.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

well consoles i felt tired a lot while on them and smoked till the last min just i was allowed lol.

1st day was a bit of a food fest but after that i was ok m8, it just got better as each day passed but i did gainn a few pounds lol.

been 16 or 17 month now...

good luck and def keep it up.

the same thing?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvoix View Post
    update please.....have you cracked it? what experiences did you have with champix. Looking agian at taking them. Im sick of blowing fag ash out my keyboard. yuk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazaruseifer View Post
    Champix was a nightmare for me, turned me... "funny!"... .

Like laz said, I found them to make me feel a bit out of sync with myself so i ditched the tablets and went cold turkey instead...havnt touched a ciggy in 2 months now just willpower alone

Skin is a lot clearer, my breathing is 100 percent better that I am now able to partake in excercise without feeling like i am going to pass out lol...I feel more positive mentally since stopping smoking...overall it was a good idea to quit and I highly recommend other smokers quit too
    Last edited by Booyakasha; 2nd February 2011 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

On day 8 now and only had 1 cig yesterday non today.
    Now taking the 1mg twice a day and have to be honest my head feels a bit woozy, but determined to stick it out, I was planning on stopping on day 12 but lost any urge and the cig I had yesterday was like smoking fresh air no taste of nicotine at all so figured the tabs had kicked in enough to block the cravings.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

consoles i drove folk fookin mental after about 2 weeks, all i was saying to them was "can you smell that"...

i could smell for england and it was just not normal to me, i had to lay off coffee and and change lagers as my taste changed as well.

the same thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast