Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default UK Stores Ban Game They Say is Racist

UK store chains like Woolworths and PC World are refusing to sell the game Hitman 2 because they say it is racist. The stores are responding to complaints from Sikh groups who object to characters in the game killing people with turbans.
    Sikhs think the level in the game resembles a massacre where Indian police in 1984 killed hundred of Sikhs in the Golden Temple in Amritsar. The game tells players that the people are terrorists.
    Eidos, which makes Hitman 2, states that it will no longer have this level in other versions or in the next version for the GameCube. Eidos has apologized to Sikhs who feel offended by the game.

SAD!

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is ridiculous, soon we wont have anyone in games but crash test dummies.

Thanks
    Karma Level
    Now,now...thats offensive to crash test dummies.:rolls:
    How many people in India have PS2s and copies of Hitman 2 anyway....pathetic

ABCMan

what a ****ing joke, i have nothing agaist sikh's but this ****ing stupidity has got to stop soon, before the politicaly correct brigade complete the job on this country that hitler failed to do.

Thanks
    Karma Level

@ABCMan

thought you'd like this one !
    And you ARE correct in what U say !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

how is it all minorities always say people are racist for the hell of it?! I have the game and don't think oh I'm killin Sikhs either I just play it.

ABCMan

Originally posted by yankee
    how is it all minorities always say people are racist for the hell of it?! I have the game and don't think oh I'm killin Sikhs either I just play it.
    the important word here is GAME, surely that means we should ban every game in which you kill a white man or a black man, its bullshit, its about time that our stupid one way race laws were scrapped and all those involved in supporting them were lined up and shot with non racist multi coloured bullets

Thanks
    Karma Level

all those involved in supporting them were lined up and shot with non racist multi coloured bullets
    lol...

your spot on there m8 whens it going to end all this political bull when are we going to stop bowing down to all and sundrie

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its not about who you kill its about the situation in which u kill them. Its a sore point for sikhs as its our holy home. if u had a scene where u had another masacre as in dunblane and u had to snipe the some of the kids that were in the situation im sure people would think its bad taste. as ive read u have to assasinate some of the sikhs that so called were to blame for the masacre even tho they were masacred themselfs.

Also ive read this post over and over again in different forms maybe there should be a complaints section where you all can have your debates on whats right and whats wrong.

In this situation im sure the point being made is unvalid as it isnt about killin sikhs its about the situation u kill them in.
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

if u had a scene where u had another masacre as in dunblane and u had to snipe the some of the kids
    its hardly the same situation now is it!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Didn't hear the mafiosa complain when there guy's get wacked at the start of the game. Or teh church for a vicar being kidnapped and beat up a bit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

not racist but what about every war game where u go round shooting german's lol, r they going to start changing them, i can see games putting a disclaimer in saying, this in no way is/has/never intended to be racist blah blah blah....

Thanks
    Karma Level

At first I'd thought that Tbops had made a good point, but the more I thought about it the more I began to realise how most non-christian religious concerns in this country seem to be so over sensitive to things like this, as someone has pointed out it is only a game and nobody is going to shape their personality on this insignificant game.

What the sikh's ought to be complaining about is how many of their followers get killed every year in India by Hindu's and Muslims, I think a favorite is setting them on fire.

Thanks
    Karma Level

****ING AAARGH.

People are not complaining that the games racist. people that do not realise what the word is or have a phobia about being called it are bringing the word in to discussion.

It aint racist, as far as im concerned i think its cool that u can shoot a dude in a turban its different. the thig i think is not cool is bringing in a situation where many people including children were masacred in a place that was there spiritual home.

i was there like 4 days ago and there are still bullet holes in the marble and gold. i was being told the entrance was covered in tanks. that the wholy water that we drink and bathe in to clean our souls and heal ourselfs was red with the blood of men women and children. its was sick what happened and every sikh feels for the people that died in there, there is a connection.

I cant think of examples of similar situations when i do ill tell u so.
    the closest thing i can think of is gassing of jewish people in the camps.

Sikhs were made to be half soldiers and half workers each sikhs duty is to protect themselfs and there family and there religeon.
    During attacks on our way of life sikhs die but then so do the people that attack our religeon, nothing really to complain about.

The misconception people have about sikhism is that its exactly like other relegions srict paths. Sikhism is a new religeon its like 500 i think. people that joined it were from different religeons (moslems hindus and others). thus in sikhism it is tought that there are many paths or versions of the same god. so i as every sikh believes that hindus christians and muslims aswell as all other religeons are true and valid ways to god, we are intrested in there storys and rules as they are all of the same god and would never opress or discriminate against them. Very open and fair relegion i think.
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

its a f****

game

I'm not racist i hate everybody

Thanks
    Karma Level

I with tbops on this one. Nothing to do with shooting sikhs but the fact that the game exploits a very painful memory.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i havn't played the game myself but if what tbops is saying about it being a situation rather than just shooting people with turbans then i think he has a valid point
    i think if somebody produced a game where a part of the game was flying a plane into a couple of skyscrapers to complete a mission i don't think the game would see the light of day regardless of how you dressed up the situation
    i think some things like massacers regardless of race / religion should be left alone

with not playing the game i don't know but is the location in the game the same as where the actual massacre took place

ABCMan

i have to say that what tbops says is a good point, its good that someone has taken the time to include the sikh's in a game as they are part of our society, however the point that he raises on the massacre at the golden temple is a very valid one, i cant imagine someone bring out a game where the idea was to fly planes into skyscrapers, although there are games like postal and hooligans that must also bring back painfull memories for those who were involved and they didnt get banned (the victims were white) so maybe since this is a game it realy should be treated as such, as tbops says its not racist, its just insensitive, but insensitivity is not a crime and this game like those before it should stand on the quality of their gameplay and not on some persons insensitivity towards one group.

Rejoice in the fact that it contains sikh's and shows that there are different from others who wear turbans (but choose to kill in real life), rejoice in the fact that it is just a game, grab the biggest gun in the game and kick some pixelated ass

once again the anti racism brigade misses the whole point and ends up causing trouble where there needent be any

Thanks
    Karma Level

Try going to Zimbabwe, and telling President Mugabe that he is being racist !
    Or does it only work here ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

billy missed the point.

and added his own garble from a completely different situation that doesnt in anyway help the topic of conversation.

As ABCMan said i think there is a racism brigade on here that jump at anything. Its is really getting anoying readin the same post over and over its goes

" This is completly stupid as XXX has offended some group of people and it doesnt offend me , whats next"

Followed by

" Yeah it is stupid were getting opressed in our own country"

Followed by x amount of other people adding there 2 pence.

My theory is that people have a phobia of being called racist even if there not, they cant seperate the lines between an actual point and a racist comment. This in turn builds up inside the person and then they have an anger that is towardsthe situation. whether it comes out as constant complaining about minor situations (as in the D and D every other day) or anger towards people is dependant on the person.

To give a situation in my town a sikh lad was killed by 2 white lads, on the cover of it people could shout out its a racist attack!
    but it wasnt, the sikh lad was shaggin one of the white lads sisters and the white lad was a bit of a mentalist, he woulda killed any lad that was shaggin his sister. on the cover eeeedjits would shout out raciist and eeedjit defenders would shout out well asian lads beat up and kill white lads all over the country then go in to ga gay rant. but people who are in the know and actualy know definitions of words realise its just another 187.

DEFINE PEOPLE!!! i reckon there should be a week ban for people that use the word racist in the wrong way to stir up situations and waste forum space.
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast