Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Why should we pay more for car insurance, complain idiots who cause most accidents

Why should we pay more for car insurance, complain idiots who cause most accidents

By Spacey

17 to 22-year-olds have reacted with anger to the news that premiums for their car insurance have risen on average by 47% in a year as a result of them insisting on driving like complete arseholes, all of the time.

Young male drivers are paying the most, with the average of the three cheapest quotes they get being £2,457, with many calling the cost of the insurance they pay as a “daylight robbery”
    “The cost of insurance is crazy!” blasted Ryan Bird, a 20-year-old heating engineer from Middlesex.
    “If I pay that much for my insurance then how am I expected to buy the spoilers, alloys, over-sized exhaust pipes and 24 inch rims that I need to make my Fiesta look the shizzle?”
    “Plus, driving everywhere in second gear to give my engine that distinctive ‘oopmh’ makes petrol consumption an issue too. We’re being punished on all sides.”

Car Insurance

Simon Douglas, director of insurance at the AA revealed that young men are significantly more likely to be involved in expensive accidents than people who don’t think that The Fast and the Furious is a driving theory test.
    “The answer could be to provide them with extra guidance and awareness when taking driving lessons, or maybe driving tests should be more difficult.”
    “We should also make them aware that driving in a car that is playing Club Mong 32. Ibiza Mash-up, at 3000 decibels on their ludicously large car stereo system can make it a bit more difficult to concentrate on the tree that’s hurtling towards them at high speed.”
    Insurance broker Simon Angler told us, “We’ve been left with no choice but to raise premiums by 47% - myself and my colleagues are literally desititute. Look around and you’ll see there are homeless insurance brokers on every street corner.”
    “Yeah, okay, we didn’t think you’d fall for that one either.”

http://newsarse.com/2010/10/12/why-s...ost-accidents/
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Why should we pay more for car insurance, complain idiots who cause most accident

They have my sympathy

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Why should we pay more for car insurance, complain idiots who cause most accident

Car insurance these days is a joke - no matter what age!!!

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I dunno. Mine aint too bad. Me and the missus 30 odd.

13 years P-NCB! (<-That helps!)

Me - Main driver,
    Her - Named driver = £290 with Admiral!

Thanks
    Karma Level

My son and daughters insurance is ridiculous, its a scam nothing more.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

don't forget long gone are the days when insurance companies collected premiums and paid out from the total amount based on only getting so many claims. They are big players in investment circles using the money to buy shares, invest in other financial schemes, and they have been hit hard with the credit default swaps and the likes, they act more like investment bankers than insurers. Easy way for them to recoup some losses direct money to their banking arms is to up the premiums.

In much the same way banks ceased to be banks and became large gambling dens, same is happening with commodities like corn, oil, energy , coal, potash you name it they are gambling on it and forcing prices up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Insurance is a joke.
    My sister 28 years old had her car writen off earlier in the year a van hit it in to my car, van driver claimed her fault as she was entering the road which is normal he wasn't even in the street when she set off but never mind protected NCD so only lost 2 years. New car peugeot 207cc GT 1.6 and they wanted another £950 for the 4 months and the changes. So expecting about £1000 (£550 + 4x100) for her insurance at renewal time, she just paid £1430 for 12 months fully comp.

Mine 31 years old, ok the non fault claim while parked 7 years NCD 2006 vectra sri 1.9CDTi 150BHP last year was £700 for business use. Renewal due on the 23rd £955 WTF another year of NCD and it goes up over £200.

Dad 56 years old 2007 astra sri xp 1.7 CDTi, a claim in 2007 due to someone hitting him while parked and denying it to insurance last year was expensive for him but expected with his claim at £720. Renewal £1150.

Its not just the idiots that are getting hit with insurance increases. Who the hell can we complain to?

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Scam.

Just gone from a 2 litre V6 to a 1.6 turbo diesel & 40 less BHP and the insurance has gone up by £150. I thought it was a cock up until I heard insurance premiums are going up willy nilly.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

try living in "BB1",

insurance has shot up this month as most insurance companies have blacklisted this area

Thanks
    Karma Level

What I don't get is how it can be the law that we have to pay out to these con artists. My insurance quote went up over £200 this year, same company as last, no accidents, points anything, full 10+ years NCB, 39 years old (at the time). Utterly crazy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think that a lot of the car insurance companies also do other insurance or their parent company does. This and probably poor investment, poor banking choices has led to price hikes in premiums.

I hate car insurance with a passion, but there are too many cars on the road and too many shite drivers.

We need to raise the age to drive, make the test harder, and stop young drivers from having powerful cars. We also need to retest drivers more often, espicially when they get older. How many times to you hear about some pensioner driving down the M1 the wrong way or on to train tracks?!

Foreigners should also have to take a full test if they are hear more than a month. Using a foreign license that you barely need testing to get, in a country like this is asking for trouble.

It's good the stroppy emo pissed up chav teens are getting priced out of driving if you ask me.

In London you can tell who some of the shite drivers are as they have a green circle sticker with a white square on it in the back window of their ppl carrier. I know it technically means they are a minicab, but they all drive like cockends.

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    try living in "BB1",

insurance has shot up this month as most insurance companies have blacklisted this area
    Im in BB2 its hit me hard also..

Had a fiesta st 150bhp. Had to change car. Last year was 700 quid.. this year 1500 WTF! I have 7 years no claims also..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    I think that a lot of the car insurance companies also do other insurance or their parent company does. This and probably poor investment, poor banking choices has led to price hikes in premiums.

I hate car insurance with a passion, but there are too many cars on the road and too many shite drivers.

We need to raise the age to drive, make the test harder, and stop young drivers from having powerful cars. We also need to retest drivers more often, espicially when they get older. How many times to you hear about some pensioner driving down the M1 the wrong way or on to train tracks?!

Foreigners should also have to take a full test if they are hear more than a month. Using a foreign license that you barely need testing to get, in a country like this is asking for trouble.

It's good the stroppy emo pissed up chav teens are getting priced out of driving if you ask me.

In London you can tell who some of the shite drivers are as they have a green circle sticker with a white square on it in the back window of their ppl carrier. I know it technically means they are a minicab, but they all drive like cockends.

DJ OD
    Don't kid yourself mate.

The test nowadays is far tougher than the one you took. There are also a lot more cars on the roads. More cars = more potential accidents. Both the cars and the roads are faster, which further compounds the problem.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    .... Both the cars and the roads are faster, which further compounds the problem.

Yeah, I know what you mean. 20 years ago it used to take 25 mins to drive into the center of Birmingham. However now that they have built that imaginary super highway with a 200mph speed limit, things are a lot different!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MsDG View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. 20 years ago it used to take 25 mins to drive into the center of Birmingham. However now that they have built that imaginary super highway with a 200mph speed limit, things are a lot different!
    Fucking hell, are you alright? It's not like you to take something out of context, twist it round and make a moot point out of it, is it?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My car insurance isnt too bad, at £280 for protected comprehensive on my Madza 2 1.5 Sport. Its house insurance thats annoyed me this year....my town had some quite bad flooding in the mid 70's, afterwhich an extensive sea wall was built, and there has never been the hint of any flooding since that time. Yet the Dept of the environment has decided to list the area as "at risk", which the insurance companies have of course latched onto and raised their premiums accordingly. More Than being the worst culprit, who were "more than" double anyone else.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    The test nowadays is far tougher than the one you took. There are also a lot more cars on the roads. More cars = more potential accidents. Both the cars and the roads are faster, which further compounds the problem.
    Even if it is tougher its not tough enough. I'm sure the last one I took was easier...

If this was the case then there wouldn't be so many cars on the road, not so much traffic, and less hazards.

I know exactly what you are saying, which is in essence is exactly what I said in my post...

If the fast cars were taken away from kids, there would be less accidents. If they made the test harder, less idiots would pass.

Dunno about faster roads. They always seem stationary to me mate! Joke aside, more roads only because too many cars, and back we go in a circle.

And as well... Old people...

They should only be allowed to drive at certain times, unless they can do a test to prove they are safe to be on the road at busier times of day.

Don't get me started on disabled car parking spaces...

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Even if it is tougher its not tough enough. I'm sure the last one I took was easier...

If this was the case then there wouldn't be so many cars on the road, not so much traffic, and less hazards.

I know exactly what you are saying, which is in essence is exactly what I said in my post...

If the fast cars were taken away from kids, there would be less accidents. If they made the test harder, less idiots would pass.

Dunno about faster roads. They always seem stationary to me mate! Joke aside, more roads only because too many cars, and back we go in a circle.

And as well... Old people...

They should only be allowed to drive at certain times, unless they can do a test to prove they are safe to be on the road at busier times of day.

Don't get me started on disabled car parking spaces...

DJ OD
    Lol. In my experience, the elderly and those with foreign licenses are far more likely to cause accidents. Is wager that if those who passed their test 15 years ago were to retake, the majority would fail.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Are you implying I have been driving for 15 years?

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pointless arguing over how hard the test is now compared to years ago as no one really learns to drive until after they pass their test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast