Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Need Windows XP Pro SP3 (UNTOUCHED)

Just started working for a computer repair business and they are using a edited version of xp pro sp3 were a key is alreaady in. Then theya are using a key changer etc.. etc..

Does anyone have a copy of xp pro sp3 that is untouched as this would make life alot easier.

Can i hell get a copy off torrents, they claim to be untouched but arnt.

Cheers
    d3xt0r

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Need Windows XP Pro SP3 (UNTOUCHED)

OEM, VLK, Retail?

EDIT -> "Windows.XP.Professional.*.SP3.Integrated-ETH0" and you should find what you're looking for. You can save yourself some effort by using The XP License Changer Kit - it is a really good program for switching XP editions. For instance, OEM to Retail or VLK to Retail.
    Last edited by drdude; 15th October 2010 at 12:05 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can email you details to a dropbox where I left one, it was an original dell oem, but then I slipstreamed the drivers for a dell inspiron 1300, and added folders for all the relevant installers for that laptop. Should do your job perfectly as it's only got a few extra drivers, but the two folders which will be pointless to you bump the cd up to 1.3gb meaning it needs to go on a dvd. Let me know if this is ok, otherwise this afternoon I can make an iso from an original and upload that instead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Also you could probably run your copy through nlite and remove the key that is present as well as a few other tweaks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

kinda shocked by the utter noobness on show here.

Fucking nlite lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you wanna do it right look up shit like acronis universal restore and driverpacks.net

We had clean installed machinrs with the same 1:1 setup and all drivers/tweaks/necessary apps running spot on within 15 minutes.

If you want to learn how to strip out automation look up slipstreaming.

This stuff is basic simple. Always shocks me when I see guys working in a computer "repair" store and they dont know this easy shit.

Oh and another thing...torrents ???

Wtf man. The most noob form of lame ever created. Next you will be saying you use limewire too. Say it aint so,lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Btw when working in a repair environment you should always use OEM versions of Windows XP as the majority of boxes that come in will have OEM keys. Most will be Home Edition too, but its always good to have both a Home and Pro setup.

Remember my tip, Acronis Universal Restore. Once you have a perfect setup with slipstreamed driverpacks you will never nerd more than 15 minutes. If you do it right of course my repair stores made a fortune doing that shit
    Sent from my Epic 4G using Android Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have you got a limewire link for Acronis Universal Restore Rap?

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you're gonna use acronis you may as well buy a copy, iirc I got the previous version of disk director, and true image with universal restore for around £60. Thinking about upgrading to the new version but then all my old images won't work - actually that's a good point - if you are gonna start on a dodgy copy and get a legit one later - sometimes even later builds of the same version won't use images previously made so you may as well start and do it properly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well i dont use torrents or limewire but i had a look to see if i could find 1. Comments all say "this aint untouched" etc.

We do have a dell oem disk but i would like to get a new version, i was going to slipstream the updates on but no drivers as we get lots of diff oem versions comeing in.

What it is, ive been there a week and everyone is using different shit. There is no "way to do it" setup. Some people put avg free on other put other stuff on.

Im trying to get some sort of order as to what is going on the systems, 1 XP Pro setup as that is what we put on every "low low system" as we do computer recycling and give low spec systems away to community centres and old peoples homes etc. trying to get us on the Microsoft refurbisher program etc.. so will all be legit soon.

Thing is there is 2 shops and a Unit the shops get the good stuff and the unit gets the shit stuff, with the odd pc coming from the shop for us to look at. The shop vs the unit is like a on-going fued so to speak lol.

Anyway all i want is an OEM untouched so i can so the rest from there.

d3xt0r

Thanks
    Karma Level

i've got a untouched HP XP Pro CD SP3 if you want it. Just pm me your address and i'll post it ya

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks mate, much appreciated

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll upload a dell oem cd to the dropbox on monday.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Most eth0 releases are clean btw. Just make sure they are oem. Then setup a perfect system with rolled driverpacks.net then use acronis universal restore to back/restore.

I also coded a simple tool to autorun on restore so it would click thru all the driver dialogue boxes in case a weird system didnt pickup the hid's on first boot. I had guys setting up perfect systems in 15 mins from scratch and they had never touched a box before.

Fucking simple and fast.

Ps who the fuck uses avg its shite. A decent free tool is mse with malwarebytes running alongside.

This advice is gold.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Android Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rap, whats the best AV that is updatable from the "usual places" and doesn't hog fuck out the system?

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Most eth0 releases are clean btw.
    d3xt0r - I have both ISOs of Microsoft.Windows.XP.Home.OEM.SP3.Integrated-ETH0 and Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.OEM.SP3.Integrated-ETH0 ready to be burnt to disc. Drop me a PM and if you're close to Heaton (NE6) then you can come and pick them up from me, otherwise give me your address and I'll send both of them in the post.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rIKmAN View Post
    Rap, whats the best AV that is updatable from the "usual places" and doesn't hog fuck out the system?

Sorry for the thread hijack!
    to be fair I think MSE is actually pretty good as a free app

however ive always said the best AV app for me has always been ESET Smart Security - but i dont recommend a hacked version - its well worth paying for

Thanks
    Karma Level

d3xt0r, I also work in a pc repair shop - I have made my own XP disk which has 12 different versions of XP (Pro/Home/MCE/OEM/Retail/Corp) I use this disk frequently on customers machines - there aren't any keys included which is the best way for shop use really.. it is the most basic unattended disk I have done to make sure it is ok for shop use.. very easy to use, select your version and enter the key when prompted - that's it

the only modification I have made (appart from obviously combining the files to 1 disk) is slipstreaming driverpacks.net driver packs.. while this adds maybe 15-30mins to install it usually means there are little to no drivers left to install.

I don't think backup/retore is the best way to go for customers machines to be honest.. most of the time doing this process will involve a format anyway.. as if you wanted to make a nice backup - you'd have to get it running spot on - which only a format could do.. then make your backup.. then what do you do.. keep the backup.. have them piling up suspiciously in you shop.. return the backup to the customer for them to lose.. naah.. a format takes about 1 hour - and I can sometimes have 3 or 4 going at the same time - no point making it any more complicated.. as I'm sure you already know.. a format is a solution to a vast majority of issues.

We're local too, so if you want a copy - drop me a pm

..I also have untouched OEM versions of all current OS's if you really need them, or even more advanced unattended disks which have unattended windows & software installs (things like office/nero/powerdvd etc) which I made myself so can say with 100% confidence they're safe to use..
    Last edited by Possy_99; 20th October 2010 at 01:50 PM.
    Sent from my PC using a keyboard

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive dropped so many hints in this thread and its getting missed

For the majority of machines you don't EVER have to do an actual Windows install - takes way too long in a busy store environment and all the tweaks / tools become cumbersome and each install may be different.

You set one perfect machine up with driverpacks.net rolled in - then use acronis universal restore and bingo. You have a setup that can be done to ANY machine perfectly and any member of staff can do it with minimal interference and effort.

Unattended installs are usually full of bloat and are absolutely not recommended in a shop environment.

A 100% setup system in less than 15 minutes. My staff have done thousands of machines this way over several years. Take this advice as gold. Again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Possy_99 View Post
    I don't think backup/retore is the best way to go for customers machines to be honest.. most of the time doing this process will involve a format anyway.. as if you wanted to make a nice backup - you'd have to get it running spot on - which only a format could do.. then make your backup.. then what do you do.. keep the backup.. have them piling up suspiciously in you shop.. return the backup to the customer for them to lose.. naah.. a format takes about 1 hour - and I can sometimes have 3 or 4 going at the same time - no point making it any more complicated.. as I'm sure you already know.. a format is a solution to a vast majority of issues.
    Sorry but I think rap's spot on, I just didn't go that route as I thought it was outside the scope of the question - Properly formatting a drive, then fresh install of windows, then downloading all updates can take hours, and that's before you start installing apps and start with your tweaks.

At the moment I'm using a massive array of images as I never was allowed the time to investigate universal restore functionality (even though we've got 2 licenses!), even like this imaging has allowed me to turn pc's over in a fraction of the time it would take for a fresh build, and I know all the restores from a particular image should be precisely the same.

However, maintaining images for these many pc's gets impossible as you mentioned, hence looking at universal restore. I'm hoping to get the time in the next few weeks to create a build that already has drivers for all our hardware already on so I can massively cut down on my pile of images - if/when I get round to this I will be saving a literally massive amount of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast