Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Scientists suggest that cancer is purely man-made

Am I the only one who would be totally prepared to believe this evidence but still thinks the search for a "cure" should go on? Frankly I like my life and diet the way it is and am more than happy for my tax money or charitable donations to go towards scientists figuring out a way that I can maintain it without having to live on birdseed and cucumber for the rest of my (admittedly longer) life.
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

The only truly preventable cancer is lung cancer brought on by smoking, every other cancer is down to either moderation or genetic predisposition. I personally wouldn't worry about it, you could become a cave dwelling hermit existing on berries and dandelion leaves and still contract an aggressive form of cancer that will finish you off in months simply because you have a faulty gene sequence.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    The only truly preventable cancer is lung cancer brought on by smoking, every other cancer is down to either moderation or genetic predisposition. I personally wouldn't worry about it, you could become a cave dwelling hermit existing on berries and dandelion leaves and still contract an aggressive form of cancer that will finish you off in months simply because you have a faulty gene sequence.
    Good. I'm off to the sunbed.
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPlAnKs View Post
    Good. I'm off to the sunbed.
    As I mentioned, in moderation it's fine.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

When you have a blood test and it comes back with maybe a sign of cancer in some organ or area of the body they have to tell you legally. It may be the weakest form or not even worthy of saying anything but... they will tell you!! It could be gone by next week by eating some thing that kills cancers and there is loads of evidence to suggest a good healthy balanced diet does this also having strong mental health imo.
    What ensues is that your whole mental being is changed into absolute fear and I defy anybody to be put into this position and survive by going through hell. Even with possibly a cancer which we all have effectively but being told, is the difference!
    Im really convinced its all bollocks , my bro died because of it and there were so many fuck ups I personally feel he'll be still with us if he didnt have treatment.

Chemo is poison ffs, its toxic! I wouldnt have it, id rather take my chances and live until it kills me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZL32LAtVVA

I dont trust G.Ps nor the people who do the blood tests no more, and would only go docs if I really had to.
    Last edited by DelTrotter; 20th October 2010 at 09:45 PM.
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DelTrotter View Post

Im really convinced its all bollocks , my bro died because of it and there were so many fuck ups I personally feel he'll be still with us if he didnt have treatment.

I dont trust G.Ps nor the people who do the blood tests no more, and would only go docs if I really had to.

Firstly I'm sorry for you loss but saying he'd still be with us if he didn't have treatment is probably incorrect unless he had slow developing prostate cancer which can takes years to show any signs of it's presence and can often just be left. He was prescribed treatment for a reason, if it wasn't going to be beneficial it wouldn't of been prescribed (talking with regards to chemo and radiotherapy). Men not bothering with going to the GP unless it's serious is a big problem. For example the symptoms of prostate cancer such as nocturia, urinary hesitancy are often just mistaken for getting old seeing as half of sufferers are over 70. Many male patients at the department I work in have said they didn't bother going to the GP and only did until it got really bad (hematuria) and by then their cancer had turned invasive and they had a worse prognosis. Getting checked out if you've got a problem could save your life!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Firstly I'm sorry for you loss but saying he'd still be with us if he didn't have treatment is probably incorrect unless he had slow developing prostate cancer which can takes years to show any signs of it's presence and can often just be left. He was prescribed treatment for a reason, if it wasn't going to be beneficial it wouldn't of been prescribed (talking with regards to chemo and radiotherapy). Men not bothering with going to the GP unless it's serious is a big problem. For example the symptoms of prostate cancer such as nocturia, urinary hesitancy are often just mistaken for getting old seeing as half of sufferers are over 70. Many male patients at the department I work in have said they didn't bother going to the GP and only did until it got really bad (hematuria) and by then their cancer had turned invasive and they had a worse prognosis. Getting checked out if you've got a problem could save your life!

by the time you get to that age i wouldnt care ! there is no way id go through Chemo at that age. whats the point!
    He had apparently an aggressive Liver cancer but they failed to check his stomach for cancers. so when he was given the all clear his stomach still had cancer in there apparently.
    One big fuck up! and he was fine until he got a lump checked out but we have old photos which shows it there at a young age and he said he has had that lump since he can remember so im convinced the chemo and the mental stress he was under, killed him!!
    He only went for a check up at docs to check it out after being scared into by ads and the internet!

People live with lumps all over their body and live a full life!

Tbh I must admit thou its affected me mentally and has killed my trust in most things so I unfortunately see only 'bad' in the way cancer is treated in this country. And no way any of my anger is aimed at any of your post ;0
    Last edited by DelTrotter; 21st October 2010 at 12:48 AM.
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12