Close

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: RRL - Range Resources

he posted briefly on iii, he has something like 28 million RRL and 20 million RRSO shares, a very trust worthly source of info, he has to be cryptic at times, but does get access to info that we won't get until it goes public. He's got the timing wrong a few times, but that's usually out of his hands
    Download my latest breaks and electro mixes or listen to Sellout Breaks FM

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers for that, I am always wary of posters who are/act to be in the know. I wonder why they would risk exposing themselves and possibly losing access to their info. Perhaps they accumulate then let us know to help the SP rise, perhaps they are genuinely trying to share the wealth which is a rarity these days.

Whatever it is I am just glad some stock 'gods' with such information see it fit to share with us mere mortals

Thanks
    Karma Level

it's nice to find them when you can, I think he's careful, he doesn't give too much out, just enough to keep us PI's happy, he knows what the news is for the boom, boom, but doesn't tell us what it is, but it'll be good for us so I'm happy with that

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Considering dumping my XEL shares (bought with some ISA money) to put in RRL XEL have been performing pretty poorly of late, constant delays/cancellations on publications. But on a good day they can gain 100p on the SP.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey guys been away for a week and epically dying from what i can only say has life poisoning via alcohol.

Any body fill me in on the weeks going on? Whats with thursdays spike?

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Seems like speculation, lots of news expected toward the end of April regarding drawdown (still ongoing apparently), frac results, putland etc. I have only briefly looked where we are, hxbro has more details above posted today.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rumour mill is in full swing, something about "united, but united with whom?"

FT.com has mentioned something about fund raising, but it's not clear if it's a mistake or a misinterpretation of the existing draw down, or something else, strong rumour indicating that there could be extra cash from this on top of what we had from the draw down, possibly to take a large % of Trinidad and buy out a shell AIM company and use that to raise more funds to buy the rest of Trinidad.

Apparently we will known next week, might try sell part of my isa holding on a spike and buy back afterwards, can't decide if it's too risky as there's too much news that could come, and who knows where we will settle next, I'm not guessing any SP at this point.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't know about you but the RNS released this morning looks like a work of genius! Should get the most out of the SP this week.

19 April 2011

TRADING HALT

Range Resources Ltd ("Range" or the "Company") wishes to advise that its shares
    have been placed in a trading halt on the Australian Securities Exchange
    pending the release of an announcement regarding a significant acquisition and
    associated share placement. This announcement will be made as soon as details
    are finalised. Range shares will continue to trade on the AIM market during
    this period.

Yours faithfully

PETER LANDAU
    Executive Director
    Source

Thanks
    Karma Level

Significant acquisition points to trinidad, texas wouldn't be large enough imho.

Can't wait, although I'm surprised we haven't broke 24p yet...

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Chartists are claiming once 24p is broken there is no telling where we will end up. 14,000,000 shares traded in the first hour so lets hope the SP is consolidating before the next push.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

WOOOOO hxbro i also agree with you im thinking Trinidad.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lots buying, check out the ££34,500 purchase in the last 30 mins
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IMac, MacBook Pro, Ipad 2, Iphone 4, Iphone 3GS....Oh and a PC or 2 knocking about

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

31,250,000 shares traded so far today Just a shame the SP is falling. RRL are one of the most followed shares today, could just be a shake as news isn't expected until Thursday at the earliest then Friday-Monday is bank holiday.

My settlement date is the 26th so I am going to have to close today to extend another T20.

OT but GKP and XEL are up. All three expecting imminent big news.

Thanks
    Karma Level

SP was controlled today lots of AT trades at 22.50, when they finished, the SP rose, we even had 24p in the last 30 mins on the buy side with huge resistance.

If news doesn't come tomorrow I can see us rising rapidly near the end of play.

30-35p on Thurs would do me nicely, close my T20, sell off my investment account shares and if it's top end of 35p sell off 50% of my isa to wait for a retrace of a few pence as I can't see it holding at 35p, although with georgia mobilisation and texas results due, that might cause it to rise.

Should leave me with a good chunk of cash to put into BMR if news hasn't arrived next week, and take the rest out.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I closed my T20 today to reopen it, lost over 500 shares in the process but the T20 was due on Tuesday and Friday-Monday the market is closed. Didn't want to risk missing out! I will be sending the proceeds to XEL and GKP unless I have time to research a new share.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I hope this is a shake before huge news tomorrow, near enough 20% down as I type. JR said himself that the people controlling the price are involved in the placing so the SP would not drop to 17p as many had speculated. SP changing rapidly so I assume it is a huge shake prior to the morning and between the PIs, MMs, and IIs the shares are getting hoovered up hence the rapid change ion SP. Shame I don't have spare cash to invest!!

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

40,000,000 traded already, I have sold out of XEL to top up in RRL but the funds haven't cleared and I have a client to get to!!

Just realised the RNS is out, 100% interest in Trinidad.
    http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/deta...icleid=8225393

EDIT: Bit peeved, called TDW to see why the funds were taking so long to clear (Hargreaves always cleared immediately) and he said it takes a couple of minutes. It had already taken 15 minutes before I called them and took over another 10 minutes after by which time I had to go out. Got back and now topped up at 21p which was my original entry in the ISA so lost out on 8% of the rise. Over 115,000,000 shares traded now and we are on 21p, I assume this is due to dilution through the placing but my question is are we likely to see a decent rise from here over the next week? So many seasoned posters were claiming 30-35p to be the target when others dreamt of 50p and we are now lower than yesterday! I had just hoped to break 24p resistance and end up around 27p. One more bit of news to come apparently
    Last edited by evilsatan; 20th April 2011 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I expected a fall, but not as much as it did, I'm kicking myself, nearly sold everything this morning as no early RNS so thought it'll drift a little during the morning, took dog for a run then came back to find it down after the RNS.

I'd have had nearly 20k more shares if I'd have sold and bought again.

Instead I've topped up a small 1k's worth of shares, there's a huge amount of buying going on, I'm hoping the SP will pick up a little this afternoon.

I suspect we might get some more news as we are still waiting for the last boom, I think PL will hold that one back till the dust settles from today info on the placing.

Last week we were trading around 20p, so we have had little movement in the scale of things, I was hoping for more today, think my profits will have to take a hit on the T20, will probably wait till tomorrow or next week to close that at the last minute.

Finally, someone posted that the SP with Trinidad and Texas now underpinned around 20p so looks like a safer run from here now.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

A stable SP now will mean the last boom has maximum impact, just feel a bit like I've had my pants pulled down. Dreaming of a 20%+ increase today to top slice and invest elsewhere and instead we have a 10-20% fall on what should be superb news.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm a bit annoyed, if the people who knew about the placing were controlling the price back end of last week, they let it go high, then set up shorts for the drop, surely that's insider trading!

Need a bit of blue today, hopefully they won't control the price too much, 21p sell would be good for me, want to pull out a bit of money so would like a little profit on that money.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast