Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Gran Turismo 5 - First impressions

Quote Originally Posted by _Belial View Post
    Well came home tonight, looking forward to some GT5 action, and after 20 minutes of pi55ing about getting in and out of events (offline) (i'm convinced it tries to connect to somewhere before reacahing main menu, so if your connection is down or busy you're stuck on a GT5 logo for a minute) i've given up on the game.

The racing, is superb, but the rest of the game is absolutely dreadful, this is going on the shelf for 6 months to see if they actually patch it, as at the moment the whole thing is a shambles.

GT5 for me = Epic Fail
    Fail for me to so far and I only bought a PS3 for it!!!!! It's soooooooooo slow all round, at times I think my PS3 has locked up because the game just sits there forever at times then springs back into life after having made a selection. I cannot believe this took 6 years or whatever and it's shit. I hope the big fella in charge of development got/gets the sack. God I'm so fucking angry
    360 ID: Symate

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My impressions so far, not seen a single effect.

Downloaded a 130MB update which is a bit much on release day, I have a 20MB broadband line so that wasn't bad. But then it said it would install 8GB and take 20 minutes, I'm at 40 minutes so far.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its obviously been pushed out for xmas by sony in whatever state its in.

Considering it was nearly complete when forza 3 came out though you woulda thought they would have produced something better. I remember reading a copy of edge where they were playing forza 3 against GT5 and they preffered forza hands down. Next minute GT5 is delayed and it went back into development.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like they've held it back and held it back to try and beat Forza. They haven't managed it so thought fuck it, we know it will sell, lets get it out there for christmas

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm wondering if the servers are even on. Has anyone managed an online game?

I just reloaded the game and it hung for a minute or so at the GT5 startup screen then said a connection to the server could not be established. I really don't think the servers are on.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The menus seem very slow and hang a lot for me, getting a couple of errors about connecting to servers - even although I didn't try and connect to any... I guess it's just the way the game works.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    The menus seem very slow and hang a lot for me, getting a couple of errors about connecting to servers - even although I didn't try and connect to any... I guess it's just the way the game works.
    That's just it.....it doesn't work! No multiplayer is killing it for me.

Edit: Disc ejected and filed in a cupboard for now. Until multiplayer works I won't be touching the incomplete piece of shit that it is.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What's it like if you disable your internet? Is it still sluggish to navigate the menus?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    What's it like if you disable your internet? Is it still sluggish to navigate the menus?
    mine is not sluggish anyway - not had any errors about servers other than when the game is booted up

Oh and I had a private race with a few of my mates earlier and it was fucking quality, clear comms, no slowdown

Loving the game here can't wait to get back on it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    I thought about trying but couldn't be bothered. The servers should work by now ffs, I can't believe nobody else is ranting about the multilayer not working on release day. It really is an epic fail. There is nothing on the net about it which is even more frustrating.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just picked a copy up from Morrisons (£34.99), wondering if I've screwed up now!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cbrookes View Post
    Just picked a copy up from Morrisons (£34.99), wondering if I've screwed up now!
    Take it back!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think ill venture out and buy it from Tescos tomorrow and find out for myself Odd that people are having very different experiences!

Thanks
    Karma Level

There are several threads here with people having issues about slow menus and connection errors. Unresolved of course

Edit: Actually there are a LOT of issues after having read through a load of threads. Nice one Sony!
    Last edited by Simate; 24th November 2010 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm just installing now cannot wait :-). looks like very different opinions i will report back later

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the issues with the slow menu speeds will soon be resolved... just a waiting game.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I have not had any issues. Played for a couple of hours earlier today on "fat" 40gb over wireless connection, everything ran smooth, online worked (as far as me finding rooms and joining, although I didnt actually race), no menu lockups at all.

I also dont understand why people are saying the graphics are so poor? They are much better than Forza (and im a Forza lover), yes the standard cars are not all up to par, but overall to me they are very good - the city corses that I have played (London especially) looked stunning. The only slight disappointment is that there does seem to be a touch of tearing in places, but I dont really notice it enough to annoy me.

Also Fanatec wheel works straight off the bat, with full manual clutch, or semi-auto using paddles both working at same time!

Maybe I am just getting old and/or easily pleased, but so far I am loving it and its the first game in a while that I have been wanting to play all afternoon while at work!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by adeingolf View Post
    Well I have not had any issues. Played for a couple of hours earlier today on "fat" 40gb over wireless connection, everything ran smooth, online worked (as far as me finding rooms and joining, although I didnt actually race), no menu lockups at all.

I also dont understand why people are saying the graphics are so poor? They are much better than Forza (and im a Forza lover), yes the standard cars are not all up to par, but overall to me they are very good - the city corses that I have played (London especially) looked stunning. The only slight disappointment is that there does seem to be a touch of tearing in places, but I dont really notice it enough to annoy me.

Also Fanatec wheel works straight off the bat, with full manual clutch, or semi-auto using paddles both working at same time!

Maybe I am just getting old and/or easily pleased, but so far I am loving it and its the first game in a while that I have been wanting to play all afternoon while at work!
    Maybe when you tried online was the only time it worked today. Very jealous of you having a Fanatec wheel, they cost soooo much but do look lovely.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Simate View Post
    Maybe when you tried online was the only time it worked today. Very jealous of you having a Fanatec wheel, they cost soooo much but do look lovely.
    think you internet must be fucked I logged on earlier as well no problem at all -

Also awesome with the G25 wheel and pedals seems so strange playing racing games with a pad since getting this

Quote Originally Posted by adeingolf View Post
    LOL snap I couldn't wait to get back from work to have another thrash round on this

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by prezzy View Post
    think you internet must be fucked I logged on earlier as well no problem at all
    Nope, Black Ops works fine.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast