Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Anyone use Lotus notes? Need to send a HTML email.

Evening all, I've got a basic HTML email that needs to be sent out via Lotus notes and unfortunately the dinosaur that I've made it for doesn't know how to send this out.

If someone has this installed could they please let me know how to send.

Cheers,

Devs.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone use Lotus notes? Need to send a HTML email.

I do, here's from the Lotus Notes help function. You know when you hit F1 and search for html

To send your Internet mail or news in plain text or HTML or
    both

You can send your internet mail or news in plain text, HTML, or both. Use this if your recipients have email addresses that may not be able to read HTML or Rich Text. Notes can also prompt you to specify a format each time you send mail.
    1. Click File > Preferences > User Preferences.
    Macintosh OS X users: Click Lotus Notes > Preferences > User Preferences.
    2. Click Mail > Internet.
    3. Under Internet mail format or Internet news format, click one of the available options.
    Note: The options for news messages control what readers see when they open your posted messages in a newsgroup.
    Display options for Internet mail and news
    Option Description
    Plain Text only Select this option when you want recipients with Internet-style addresses to receive plain text. This is the safest option to select when you are unsure if your recipient's mail program can read HTML-formatted messages or Rich Text Format messages.
    HTML only Select this option when you want recipients with Internet-style addresses to receive HTML-formatted text and graphics. Note that IBM Lotus Notes Rich Text would need to be converted to MIME when sent over SMTP and this conversion causes a loss of fidelity if your default mail form is set to Rich Text Format. Recipients will receive HTML e-mail if they can read it. If their e-mail program does not support MIME, then they will receive a plain text message.
    HTML and Plain Text Select this option when some recipients of your mail have e-mail programs that support MIME; they will receive HTML-formatted mail. If some recipients have e-mail programs that don't support MIME, they will receive plain text. This option is the most versatile.
    Prompt when sending Select this option when you want Notes to prompt you to specify a format each time you send an Internet mail message.
    4. Click OK.
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone use Lotus notes? Need to send a HTML email.

Morning mate and many thanks for sending that over. I'm still having problem with the guy that needs to send this out. Its annoying as I don't have the software in front of me to figure out what he's doing wrong.

Any chance you could copy the code from here and send it to yourself as an HTML to see if it works?

Basically he needs to get it working on his PC then send out to his sales guys who will then customise the text and forward on to there clients.

Many thanks,

Devs