Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

crazy UK petrol prices reach record high

UK petrol prices reach record high

Prices are set to rise further in January

Petrol prices have hit a record average level of 121.76p for a litre of unleaded petrol, according to the monitors Experian Catalist.
    It is expected that fuel prices will rise further in January once increased fuel duties and the higher VAT rate come into play.
    Experian Catalist estimates that higher VAT will add 2.5p and fuel duties will add a further 1p a litre to prices.
    The diesel price of 125.73p a litre is 8p away from its record of July 2008.
    The records referred to do not take account of inflation.
    AA president Edmund King said the record high petrol prices were partly down to the freezing weather disrupting fuel deliveries.
    The price of oil - currently at about $90 a barrel - has been trading at its highest level for this year and is also putting pressure on fuel prices.
    The AA said the record fuel prices meant motorists would have to pay an average of almost £6 more to fill an average tank compared with the start of the year.

Mr King told the BBC: "The gloomy thing on the horizon, quite frankly, is come January, we've got the VAT hike, plus another increase in fuel duty - and, those things combined will add about another 3.5p a litre.
    "So, for those people dependent on road transport, it's not looking like a very happy Christmas or indeed New Year."
    The RAC's motoring strategist, Adrian Tink, said: "It's unbelievable to think that, compared with this time last year, petrol is 13p a litre more expensive.
    "While the increases this year have been driven by a number of factors, you can't get away from the fact that we have seen five rises in fuel duty in the past two years - and we're due another one in January, plus a VAT rise."
    He called for January's fuel duty rise to be cancelled.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11968437
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: UK petrol prices reach record high

great, more money to pay out
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i've said it before and i'll say it again, we need a general strike or at least another winter of discontent.
    "When i rape you i'll remember to make sure your kneeling facing the television with Fawlty towers on uk gold." - B.I.G.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

We need cheaper public transport, it's absurd that journeys taken by a single person in a car are often cheaper than by using mass transportation. If prices are going to be that high people need alternatives.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I read somewhere that the last tax rise meant the Government lost money as the amount of fuel used dropped,so they took less than before the rise.
    My car is going to live on the drive from January, as i live in a town and wont need it till the summer weather returns.
    just hope the bus fares don't go up too much.

But i will be fitter for the walk i suppose.

Thanks
    Karma Level

years ago people would be up in arm's,now we are all bending backwards and taking some taxation love...any other country and there would be strikes and protests.

£1.27 per litre here in n.i...for diesel that is.

why are they getting away with it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I will never be able to afford to buy the 1971 Challenger I used to have. That had a 7.2L engine....

I am stuck with my 1.9 Diesel for ever.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't believe we are sitting back taking all this including the vat etc. Peole saying we need this
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My 4.7litre V8 Jeep is now draining someone else's bank balance, Christ I miss it!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

As i'm forced to pay ridiculously high amounts to tax and insure my car, i say fuck public transport, i'm gonna use my car, why should i have to suffer getting wet through and freezing my bollox off, waiting for a bus or train.

On the fuel price, i noticed when i was in Italy 2 months ago their prices are higher than here, but then again they don't have road tax, but they pay tolls to use the motorways, so it's all swings and roundbouts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Never mind the bollox , here's the reality !

Less fuel has been sold recently due to the shitty snow weather.

The cunt's know that people are now making mad dashes to do Xmas shopping so are banging up prices to make up for previous loss of sales.

They also know people travel to visit relatives, go on holidays over the Xmas period.
    They are also aware of the VAT increase coming in January so bang up the price now as they don't want to look the villains then.

All the top business manager wanker's bonuses are based on sales figures/profits so they are ensuring they don't lose out. Maximum greed is the order of the day.

Don't swallow all this exchange rate bollox as it's horse shit. The supplies at pumps have been stock piled for months on end. Only last year the cunts had many tankers anchored off our Southwest coast just waiting for prices to increase again.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuel prices will never ever come down, they will go up and up as oil is harder to find and refine than it was 20 years ago.

Wont be long before we are hitting £1.50 litre for petrol then onto £2 a litre within 5 years.

Costing me £40 a week to get to work and back now, all I can say is thank fuck I give someone a lift who pays half

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Only last year the cunts had many tankers anchored off our Southwest coast just waiting for prices to increase again.
    They have been sitting off the coast of suffolk for months all through the summer, I know cos I bike along the coast everyday and the same tankers are their day in day out and never move.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    We need cheaper public transport, it's absurd that journeys taken by a single person in a car are often cheaper than by using mass transportation. If prices are going to be that high people need alternatives.
    Agreed. In my town on the bus a single across town which takes about 15 minutes costs £2 which is a joke considering last year it was £1.20. Other transport like trains isn't cheap either, especially as the fuckers are raising train prices by 13% in January

Thanks
    Karma Level

They should charge those fucking tankers rent

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lets all buy electric cars that will teach them