Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default white screen iphone after replacing digitiser

changed the digitiser on my iphone, but when connected to a charger after 10 mins the screen went white so i connected to itunes and tried a restore to ver 3.1.3 when connected to itunes the connect to usb comes up ok and so does the restore process, but when phone restores the screen goes white again, i tried restore to ver 4.1 and same, im loathe try latest since i need unlock. it seems the screen change went ok but i cant understand the white screen . as a footnote i also changed the home button whilst i had the screen in bits
    any ideas appreciated cheers
    Last edited by joeninety0; 15th December 2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: add footnote

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: white screen iphone after replacing digitiser

I had this white screen thing on a IPT I was messing about with. It just kept going white, then reboot, then white and so on in a loop.

In the end I managed to get it to work properly by using a slightly older version of iTunes to restore to v4.1, then used Redsn0w to jailbreak using the same firmware file.

Was fine after that. Jailbroken and on fw 4.1. So at that point with an iPhone the unlock will still work.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't discount you might have damaged the ribbon going to the LCD ,or it's not plugged in correct
    Iv fucked an LCD just by plugging it in and sitting back in place , it lifts where it's bonded to the glass very easy because the ribbons so brittle.
    Plug

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by plug1 View Post
    Don't discount you might have damaged the ribbon going to the LCD ,or it's not plugged in correct
    Iv fucked an LCD just by plugging it in and sitting back in place , it lifts where it's bonded to the glass very easy because the ribbons so brittle.
    Plug

As above if you have changed the digitizer you may have damaged the flex on the LCD and that will give you the White screen but there cheap enough to buy I get them for about £13-£15 each.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The lcd ribbon could be loose or damaged as above if your unlucky you may have damaged the board !

Also try restart by holding power and home button had this before if handset was not switched off when you changed the parts it sometimes boots to white screen

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'd like to reboot screen with home n power but as well as the home button not working nor does the power , that was going to be replaced along with a new back etc if the screen replacement went ok. i did replace the home button tho.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just a thought from the first post...

If you can see the connect to itunes logo on screen, then surely no damage has been done to the iphone when fixing it. It's surely a software issue no?

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by joeninety0 View Post
    i'd like to reboot screen with home n power but as well as the home button not working nor does the power , that was going to be replaced along with a new back etc if the screen replacement went ok. i did replace the home button tho.
    Be very carefull buying replacment backs as most of them are really crap quality, but saying that they are some good ones too so try and view before you buy as the cheap ones are made from very thin plastic and dont really fit very well.

I sometimes buy the full replacement backs as they come with the power, volume, mute and earphone jack also the bezel is attached as that can be a pain to fit with adhesive, it also comes fitted with the power, volume, mute and earphone flex, i pay about £30 for these and are pretty identical to the original but if your power button is broke it may be worth the extra cost

Just one more thing if you disconnect your screen and digitizer without turning the iphone off it wont work when you put the new one on, to rectifiy this you have too remove the logic board screws and lift the board up a little just a
    enough for it to disconnect from the battery then put it back screw in the screws replace the screen and it should power up unless the lcd is damaged.

Thanks
    Karma Level

thats the sort of back i was on about, where do you get them for £30 i was looking at £45-50 on ebay. as for the lcd being damaged i dont think it is, as well as the itunes -usb screen it also showed a low power screen before going white.
    Last edited by joeninety0; 16th December 2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: add more notes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by joeninety0 View Post
    thats the sort of back i was on about, where do you get them for £30 i was looking at £45-50 on ebay. as for the lcd being damaged i dont think it is, as well as the itunes -usb screen it also showed a low power screen before going white.
    I get them from a trade mobile parts shop near my home i buy quite a lot of parts and get them at trade price, for instance i can get iphone 3g digitizers for £5 and they are good quality, charge Blocks for £2.50 and home button flex £1.50 but i buy and refurbish iphone as a hobby and sell them on so i buy quite a bit.

As for the LCD i would try a restore in itunes from DFU Mode once you have fixed the home button, if that doesn't work i would change the LCD the reason i say this is i have had the same thing happen to me a few times and its always been the LCD up to now

This one is a good price if you need one totaly complete but most of the time you can use you own battery, antenna, charge block etc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPhone-3G-8GB-...item2eb20311e6

Good luck with it

Thanks
    Karma Level

ordered one cheers, if i cant get that iphone to work the wife has another thats getting tatty so ill use it for that