DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Bull {RUMOUR} Benitez has been sacked by inter

Just being reported on sky sports!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Benitez has been sacked by inter

Liverpool's new manager???? Woy must be pissing in his pants.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sky Sports News understands Rafa Benitez has been sacked from his post as Inter Milan manager after just six months in charge.
    The former Liverpool boss was only appointed by the Serie A giants in the summer but has failed to impress during his time in Italy.
    Benitez was handed the unenviable task of following in the footsteps of Jose Mourinho after the former Chelsea chief secured an unprecedented treble of the UEFA Champions League, Serie A and Coppa Italia titles.
    The 50-year-old has seen his side struggle in league action this season and they are currently seventh in the Serie A standings, 13 points adrift of leaders AC Milan, although they do have two games in hand.
    Outburst

Inter's defence of their European crown has also stuttered as they finished second in Group A behind Tottenham and suffering a miserable 3-0 defeat at the hands of Werder Bremen in their final group fixture.
    A meeting with Bayern Munich, who Mourinho's Inter defeated in the Champions League final last summer, was on the cards in the last 16, but there will be a new man at the helm for that fixture in February.
    Benitez was understood to be on borrowed time after his outburst in the wake of the Club World Cup success when he called on club president Massimo Moratti to back him in the transfer market if they wanted him to stay as coach.
    Moratti has pointedly refused to stand by the Spaniard following his explosive comments and it now appears his patience has run out.

source:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...606655,00.html

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

There are now reports he has not been sacked!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hes not been sacked, he went on holiday. poor inter!!!!
    PS3 - FIFA 09 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    PS3 - FIFA 10 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    and now
    PS3 - FIFA 11 - DF CHAMPION!!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Mayb he's looking at the everton job!

Thanks
    Karma Level

He went on holiday to.....Merseyside. Tough times I guess
    I am declairing war!
    PS3: tawnyboy

Thanks
    Karma Level

would have him back @ the moment as Roy is fooookin useless..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo77 View Post
    would have him back @ the moment as Roy is fooookin useless..
    And please bring aquilani with him. "NOT"

Thanks
    Karma Level

he has a mansion on the Wirrall and his kids still go to school in Liverpool, he is back for xmas apparently.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: {RUMOUR} Benitez has been sacked by inter

Would top the year of perfectly if Liverpool sacked Woy and hired Rafa! I'm not sure I could think of much funnier in the world of football tbh!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sky sports news are still sticking with the story!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rafael Benitez's future with Inter Milan in doubt

Moratti (left) was happy with the appointment of Benitez in June

Rafael Benitez's future as Inter Milan manager is in serious doubt after the Italian club described the current situation as "a mess".
    Former Liverpool boss Benitez led Inter to Club World Cup victory on Saturday, but they are seventh in Serie A after winning the last five titles.
    Benitez denied that he had been sacked on Monday amid reports to the contrary.
    Inter president Massimo Moratti could not clarify the situation on Wednesday but said discussions were ongoing.
    "We are trying to understand what's going on, this situation is a bit of a mess," said Moratti. "Everything that happened was a bit unexpected, we are considering every point of view."
    And asked about the timing of any official announcement, he added: "Nothing is expected today."

Benitez led European champions Inter to a 3-0 win over TP Mazembe in Saturday's Club World Cup final in in Abu Dhabi before urging Inter's board to back him.
    "There are three possibilities for the club," said the Spaniard. "One, 100% support for the coach and buy four or five players to build a stronger team with competition among the players to be able to carry on winning matches and trophies.
    "Two, carry on like this without a project, without planning, and go ahead with one person to blame, for the whole season.
    "The third," he added, "is to speak to my agent to reach an agreement if there is not this support. Simple."
    Despite stating Benitez's comments "were not suitable for the situation", Moratti praised Inter's coach for the way he masterminded the Club World Cup win.

"For the moment the Inter fans are happy," said Moratti. "It is not the moment to ask for reinforcements."
    Under former coach Jose Mourinho last season, Inter won the Serie A title, the Italian Cup and the Champions League.
    However, they are well off the pace in this season's Serie A, having have won only one of their last six league games, and they go into Italian's football's winter break 13 points behind leaders and city rivals AC Milan.
    Inter do have two games in hand on the teams above them and next play on 6 January at home to Napoli.
    Although Benitez can point to injuries to key players for his team's plight, he is under pressure barely seven months after Moratti appointed him to succeed Mourinho, with former AC Milan coach Leonardo widely tipped as a possible successor.
    But asked about the Brazilian coach on Wednesday, Moratti said: "I haven't met Leonardo."
    And Mourinho, a former Premier League rival of Benitez when the Portuguese was in charge of Chelsea, ruled out any possibility of making a swift return to the San Siro.
    "I have a four-year contract with Real Madrid, and I'm going to continue here for a long time," Mourinho told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "There are many things to do in Madrid, and not only on-field work. I hope that Inter don't need me now, as this would mean they have taken the wrong path.
    "In my future it will be the Premier League or Italy. Problems at Real Madrid? I never have problems."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/9302348.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Rafael Benitez's future with Inter Milan in doubt

Moratti (left) was happy with the appointment of Benitez in June

Rafael Benitez's future as Inter Milan manager is in serious doubt after the Italian club described the current situation as "a mess".
    Former Liverpool boss Benitez led Inter to Club World Cup victory on Saturday, but they are seventh in Serie A after winning the last five titles.
    Benitez denied that he had been sacked on Monday amid reports to the contrary.
    Inter president Massimo Moratti could not clarify the situation on Wednesday but said discussions were ongoing.
    "We are trying to understand what's going on, this situation is a bit of a mess," said Moratti. "Everything that happened was a bit unexpected, we are considering every point of view."
    And asked about the timing of any official announcement, he added: "Nothing is expected today."

Benitez led European champions Inter to a 3-0 win over TP Mazembe in Saturday's Club World Cup final in in Abu Dhabi before urging Inter's board to back him.
    "There are three possibilities for the club," said the Spaniard. "One, 100% support for the coach and buy four or five players to build a stronger team with competition among the players to be able to carry on winning matches and trophies.
    "Two, carry on like this without a project, without planning, and go ahead with one person to blame, for the whole season.
    "The third," he added, "is to speak to my agent to reach an agreement if there is not this support. Simple."
    Despite stating Benitez's comments "were not suitable for the situation", Moratti praised Inter's coach for the way he masterminded the Club World Cup win.

"For the moment the Inter fans are happy," said Moratti. "It is not the moment to ask for reinforcements."
    Under former coach Jose Mourinho last season, Inter won the Serie A title, the Italian Cup and the Champions League.
    However, they are well off the pace in this season's Serie A, having have won only one of their last six league games, and they go into Italian's football's winter break 13 points behind leaders and city rivals AC Milan.
    Inter do have two games in hand on the teams above them and next play on 6 January at home to Napoli.
    Although Benitez can point to injuries to key players for his team's plight, he is under pressure barely seven months after Moratti appointed him to succeed Mourinho, with former AC Milan coach Leonardo widely tipped as a possible successor.
    But asked about the Brazilian coach on Wednesday, Moratti said: "I haven't met Leonardo."
    And Mourinho, a former Premier League rival of Benitez when the Portuguese was in charge of Chelsea, ruled out any possibility of making a swift return to the San Siro.
    "I have a four-year contract with Real Madrid, and I'm going to continue here for a long time," Mourinho told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "There are many things to do in Madrid, and not only on-field work. I hope that Inter don't need me now, as this would mean they have taken the wrong path.
    "In my future it will be the Premier League or Italy. Problems at Real Madrid? I never have problems."

that bloke on the left is a crossbreed of tony blair and the joker

Thanks
    Karma Level

if true at least it didnt take inter 6 years to realise he's fuckin wank just 6 months

Thanks
    Karma Level

defo sacked

Inter Milan sack manager Rafael Benitez

Benitez (left) and Inter president Moratti (right) have parted company

Inter Milan have parted company with manager Rafael Benitez just over six months after appointing the Spaniard.
    The move follows Benitez asking for backing from the board to buy players following the Serie A side's Club World Cup win over TP Mazembe last Saturday.
    A statement on Inter's website said "a mutually satisfactory agreement for the early termination of his [Benitez's] contract" had been agreed.
    Benitez took over from Jose Mourinho at the San Siro in June.
    Mourinho, who left for Real Madrid, led Inter to the Serie A title, the Italian Cup and the Champions League glory last season and left his successor with a hard act to follow.

Benitez was named Inter manager a week after leaving Liverpool on 3 June and, although he had injuries to key players to contend with, the 50-year-old's exploits have not helped his cause.
    Inter are 13 points behind Serie A leaders and arch-rivals AC Milan and struggling for form.
    Although they have two games in hand on the teams above them in the league table, the Nerazzurri are languishing in seventh place having won only six of their 15 league games.
    In defence of their Champions League crown, Inter could only finish as group runners-up behind Tottenham to leave them facing a difficult tie against Bayern Munich in the last 16.
    Even though Inter won the Club World Cup by beating TP Mazembe, it did not leave Benitez in a strong enough position to survive his outburst after the match.
    "There are three possibilities for the club," said Benitez. "One, 100% support for the coach and buy four or five players to build a stronger team with competition among the players to be able to carry on winning matches and trophies.

Inter president Massimo Moratti was less than impressed by Benitez's comments and said they "were not suitable for the situation" before adding it was "not the moment to ask for reinforcements".
    Consequently, the Inter board has removed Benitez with the Serie A season currently on a winter break and Inter's next game scheduled for 6 January at home to Napoli.
    "Inter thank Rafael Benitez for his work in leading his team to success in the Italian Super Cup and the Fifa Club World Cup," added the San Siro club.
    Italian news agency Ansa quoted Moratti as saying: " "I'm sorry the relationship with Benitez is over, but the split had become inevitable."
    Last edited by 4me2; 23rd December 2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: lazy cunt don't just post links

Thanks
    Karma Level

haha quality......get him at a decent team and he manages 6 fuckin months....pathetic, although I must say its even more pathetic by inter to bring in a manager and get rid after such a short period is ridiculous! There has to be some sort of upset going on here

Thanks
    Karma Level

This guy must be making more cash from early exit fees than from actual salary!

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've seen some hilarious shit come out of Liverpool these last 18 months - but if they take him back - I will finally have enough ammunition to laugh at those cunts for the next 20 years

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I've seen some hilarious shit come out of Liverpool these last 18 months - but if they take him back - I will finally have enough ammunition to laugh at those cunts for the next 20 years
    This is a thread for those not in the top four, Now jog on there's a good chap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast