Close

Thread: LCD problem

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default LCD problem

I hope this is the right thread to post in. I haven't been on this sight in like a year I feel like a total dick hole for it.. But I have a problem that I searched on the net but couldn't find.. My LCD TV has a PIXEL problem. Al that I can find is stuff on dead pixels and stuck ones. My problem is the pixels seem to be jumping around it looks kind of like snow like bad reception but I know it isn't that because it's not only when I watch Cable.. It seems to be worse on certain colors too like I have more jumping pixels on the color green. My TV is a 37" Polaroid FLM-3701 LCD 720p HDTV. I've had for about 5 to 6 years I know that's ancient for HDTVs. But I've had no other problems with this TV. I paid 1800.00 for the thing when they first came out. If I'm in the wrong thread let me know.. Thanks

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: LCD problem

Sorry to here about your problem like you said doesn't seem like a lcd dead pixel issue because it moves around. Tricky one could be logic board issue?

If back light is good lcd panel is good an it affects more than one input sounds like logic board but probably best to get it checked by an electronic engineer. My old tv kept switching on and off. it was just down to some dry solder joints

Thanks
    Karma Level

does sound like logic board.BUT
    try new input cables.
    try only one input at a time.ie dvd or blu-ray or cable tv. on its own(could be overload from mare than one input.)
    see if its all inputs or just the main one.
    have you had the same problem with the tv antena fitted , does standard tv work ok?
    good luck

Sent By Brick Wrapped In Paper Thrown Through The Window..........

Thanks
    Karma Level

check caps in PSU first most older LCD's have problems with bulging caps. This can cause unit to stick in standby, not power on and lots of other problems due to ripples on power rails allways a good first check and most caps cheap and easy to change

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry to hear about your issue with your lcd.
    If you have double checked all your connections im afraid it sounds like the logic board or for some of us old plasma tv guys the sustainer boards.

With Plasma Tv's there are 2x sustainers (x and Y) each one operating horizontal and vertical as with LCD im not to sure, but also bear in mind that these panels only have a life expectancy of 5 to 7 years depending on usage, so is it worth repairing? especially with the price falling daily on a new model.