Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Are there any FREE Virtual Trading programs/websites you would recommend?

Are there any FREE Virtual Trading programs/websites you would recommend?

I am interested in possibly learning the ins and outs and I would like to be given say £100,000 in virtual cash to trade online and see how I can turn a profit.

I got an email from a local company who offer to "train" you to be a trader with prices ranging from £250-£2,000 for training and also the use of their trading platform and graphs, charts etc.
    wit woo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Are there any FREE Virtual Trading programs/websites you would recommend?

If your just starting out you can learn a lot from here http://www.babypips.com/school/ I went backwards and bought a so called make loads of money system, it was based on spread betting using this platform http://www.igindex.co.uk/ the platform was good dead simple spread betting, but the system was crap, I followed it to the letter even when I was losing money gave it 6 weeks and was out of pocket, I learned from the tutorials off ig index and babypips school, then I had a go with ig index demo for a while then moved over to real money, was managing about £14 to £25 a day profit but for the for the hours sat waiting and checking charts thought I could do with tighter spreads so moved to Alpari again demo for a bit then real money, on Alpari made a chunk of money and lost it as well, you need to be disciplined and have money you can afford to lose. I was playing with currency, different markets have different trends and charts etc but it's all a gamble, I broke even but wasted a lot of time doing it lol, then thought I'll only go back when I have the time and spare money maybe!! oh and 2 monitors lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Are there any FREE Virtual Trading programs/websites you would recommend?

lol. thanks I might check it out.
    I don't really have money to be investing but I would like to learn how it works etc so that when I stumble upon 10 or 20 grand I will have something interesting to do with it
    wit woo

Thanks
    Karma Level

In terms of actual procedures for placing trades that you need to learn, then minimal. If you know how to play championship manager then trading software is not much different in principle.

What you need to learn is how to analyse your market that you will be investing in.

If you don't realise this then you will lose your money.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bank with HSBC and too my trades through them also. They offer you a virtual portfolio so you can buy and send for "fun" money at no cost.
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Halifax do a virtual trader as well.

Just logged on and I'm 3 grand down oops.