Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been Scammed

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Been Scammed

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Well that cost us all about £150 just so you could whine to the police about your £20. Are you fucking serious? Sorry but that makes me angry.

Didn't cost me a 1p, I'm on benefit so let you workers pay all the tax,
    If you were able to read you'd see it was paypal who wanted the police involved, I rang the police to get a crime number and they wanted to come out to me,

I see you live in the right area.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by riget View Post
    Great attitude... It's lazy cunts like you contributing to the downfall of this country's economy... How long did it take you to learn to be so ignorant?
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Didn't cost me a 1p, I'm on benefit so let you workers pay all the tax

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Pikey Enterprises ltd.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by neo2810 View Post
    Great attitude... It's lazy cunts like you contributing to the downfall of this country's economy... How long did it take you to learn to be so ignorant?

Was waiting for this, and the others after it,
    Firstly I put it to get a reaction(from freddy mainly)

Why is it someone on benefits is a lazy cunt(your words)?
    Last edited by riget; 15th February 2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If you were able to read you'd see it was paypal who wanted the police involved, I rang the police to get a crime number and they wanted to come out to me,

I understand what you're saying about companies (fleabay/paypal etc...) wanting you to report it to the police before they will do anything about refunding your claim - my guess is it's so they can claim off thier own insurance or whatever

But you've lost all credibility in my eyes for your comment about the benefits - crawl back under your stone - I don't care if you're on benefits through no fault of your own or whether you're a complete scrounger - that's a diabolical comment from anyone on benefits to make.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Firstly I put it to get a reaction(from freddy mainly)
    I'm very lethargic from my post lunch wank so no reaction I'm afraid. Besides, you appear to have plenty of rope.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Less of the shit stirring.

Now back on topic please

Thanks
    Karma Level

It happened to me ages ago for a d500 samsung when they were just out ,
    i contacted his bank and asked the branch of the sort code , then ran his name through uk info
    in the area of the bank , there was three ppl with his second name .
    i mailed the cunt told him i knew were he lived and his family and he eventualy sent the phone.
    i was lucky i suppose.
    Plug

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This has been going on for years now. I realise your now kicking yourself, but it is not anything new.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=364503

I do not think just leaving it is an option. As already stated, investigate, get the bank on it. A sort code and account number is the source for an address. You can get a crime number from the police by reporting it, then find out the bank (locality) from the sort code. UK Info is a great tool though for helping to nail people!

I'd then ring the bank direct, explain you have a crime number and need details of the account disclosed to the police. Give them the Police station number you called along with the Crime number. It's not like its a small amount of money, if they have done it to you, they could have scammed 1,000 people. That will add up quickly!!

The bank then may report the details of the account to the police and investigate the matter further. Someone somewhere must have opened that bank account and be held accountable for it!

Oh, BTW
    I have a few Nigerian friends being held hostage. They are multi-millionaires and only require £200 per week to escape to the UK. Upon their arrival, they will reward you royally... Interested? I'll PM you the details!
    Last edited by DejaVu; 15th February 2011 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just wanted to say a thank you for all the replies, haven't a f*cking clue what this £150 stuff is about but i'll let you ladies fight it out

I'll take it to the police and see what happens. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact i wont see the money again - lesson learnt eh!!

Also a big big thank you to JonEP who went out his way to help me with some info...really appreciate that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Slightly off topic sorry but is UKInfo still available? - I downloaded a copy about 7 yrs ago and have forgot all about it just done a quick nzb search and nothing came up for it - or has it changed into an online resource only now?
    The reason why Id like to get hold of it again is too help my brother out who needs to find the owners of some vacant properties - he can get details off the land registry but they charge between £4 and £8 for each address they give out - and hes got about 100 to trace.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MoNkFiSh View Post
    Slightly off topic sorry but is UKInfo still available? - I downloaded a copy about 7 yrs ago and have forgot all about it just done a quick nzb search and nothing came up for it - or has it changed into an online resource only now?
    The reason why Id like to get hold of it again is too help my brother out who needs to find the owners of some vacant properties - he can get details off the land registry but they charge between £4 and £8 for each address they give out - and hes got about 100 to trace.
    UKinfo stopped at 2009

Not sure how that helps you as it will only tell you the names of people recorded on the edited electoral roll not the property owners.

So if the property is rented and the people who rented are registered to vote they are the people you would find.

The Land Registry charge £4 per title document per registered property. The only catcha is not all property is registered.

I can do bulk (50+) land registry searches at a slightly cheaper rate as long as the property address information is correctly formatted using PAF.

If you need any help drop me a PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hello. Hope you have reported this to the police. Maybe it is only a small amount but it is a crime and the police investigate far less serious offences than this.
    This is Fraud and the police should take it seriously. The police can get details from ebay that you cant eg all the account details. Plus they can get all the address details from the sort code and account number you sent the money too.
    If you have been conned then I bet the is a pensioner out there that has been conned out of more and hasnt reported it either.
    Pluse once you have a crime number from the police for fraud your bank is far more likely to look at refunding your money.
    Finally I knoe this because I have a friend who is a copper he was telling me that there was another scam recently where someone was buying stuff then sending a fake email from paypal to pretend that he had paid and people would send out stuff. He went to the postoffice and followed the postman. When the guy signed for the parcel he hadnt paid for he was locked up. So there is a chance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why has UKInfo stopped?

Am I right in thinking you had to do a hack to do a certain type of search?

Thanks
    Karma Level

The reason they stopped is that their core product is 192 .com and it was not such a good idea selling the same data for 200 quid each year. Which was then ripped.

To give you some idea i paid almost 2k inc vat for the 2011 edited roll with rolling updates for this year. £500 more than last year. But i then own that data.

I do batches of 5000 searches at a time so it wouldnt pay to use on line services at a quid a name.

The value in old ukid is the telephone number reverse search which if you know what your doing you can make work in the later versions too dispite them disabling the feature in 2001.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JonEp; 23rd March 2011 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

£15 a search I bet you fucking do lol!

So you effectively have the UKInfo database saved but it cost 2k?

Thanks
    Karma Level

There are two seperate and different databases.

The electoral roll which is names and addresses

BT Osis database which is database of names address and telephone numbers

Ukid combined both but is no longer on sale.

You can buy the osis database in the form of BT's quarterly phone disk but you can't reverse search a telephone number.

You can reverse a number using t racesmartiq but again you need to subscribe with a minimum £1000 + vat credits experian also offer the same service but have a higher bar of subscribing.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JonEp; 22nd March 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12