Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Shit Webber dismisses artificial rain plan

Webber dismisses artificial rain plan

By Jonathan Noble Friday, March 4th 2011, 09:47 GMT

Mark Webber has rubbished Bernie Ecclestone's idea of using artificial wet weather conditions to increase excitement in Formula 1.

Ecclestone revealed his radical idea earlier this week to install sprinkler systems at some tracks to help improve the chances of overtaking.
    Although the idea has received backing from F1 tyre manufacturer Pirelli, Webber thinks that some of the sport's legends of the past would be hugely disappointed if grands prix were manipulated in such a way.
    Speaking to the BBC about whether F1 needed such radical innovations, and whether he was in favour of them, Webber said: "No and no.
    "It wouldn't be the most sophisticated way to make the show more entertaining."
    Webber believes that the weather already throws enough intrigue into races without the need to artificially make it better.
    "It can be more exciting when we have some different weather conditions, that does happen," he said. "But you just try and think of Jimmy Clark, and Jackie Stewart and [Ayrton] Senna and those guys, masters in the wet.
    "Jackie's still here but the other two would be turning in their graves if they thought we'd have sprinklers and hoses lined up around the track."
    Ecclestone reiterated his idea to the BBC, suggesting that the sprinklers could be used at random intervals in races.
    "I'm happy to make it happen," he explained. "My idea is that we should make a programme that nobody knows exactly which programme is going to be used and it would start at some time during the race. It would be raining effectively.
    "It would maybe stop and maybe rain again later. Or maybe not. So nobody would know."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89728
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Webber dismisses artificial rain plan

Fuck me Bernie and Ferarri would just love this wouldn't they ?

As if there isn't enough corruption and backdoor deals being done already.

Don't open up this can of worms FFS.

Isn't it about time that corrupt cunt croaked it ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really don't understand why you post these Bernie threads. Every fricking week of the F1 season Bernie will come out with some idea that is so fucking stupid, people point and laugh at him.

It is just like the ramblings of a senile pensioner, I don't know why you even take any notice of him? Do you really think for one second that in this modern world of H&S there would be any chance of making things more artificially dangerous? The 1st major accident caused by artificial rain and the courts would be run off their feet!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

He lost the plot many years ago, he should just pop his clogs! We've lost a lot of good'uns lately and the little shitstain is still drawing breath!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MsDG View Post
    I really don't understand why you post these Bernie threads. Every fricking week of the F1 season Bernie will come out with some idea that is so fucking stupid, people point and laugh at him.

It is just like the ramblings of a senile pensioner, I don't know why you even take any notice of him? Do you really think for one second that in this modern world of H&S there would be any chance of making things more artificially dangerous? The 1st major accident caused by artificial rain and the courts would be run off their feet!
    Simple because that fuckwit is in a very powerful position that he abuses time and time again. He is pretty much on the same platform as Blatter.

He is an embarrassment to the British nation where as he should be a model ambassador promoting the British fairness ethos and not corruption.

The only bit I agree with you on is the last bit.

It would make a mockery of the safety they have been openly promoting for years now.

The best scenario I could think of would be for Schumacher to skid off in artificial rain and smash right into Bernie's personal box and both going up in a ball of flames.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    ....The best scenario I could think of would be for Schumacher to skid off in artificial rain and smash right into Bernie's personal box and both going up in a ball of flames.
    Thats not very nice is it? Why would you want Schumacher to crash into Fabiana Flosi?