Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay gripes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebay gripes

Just had I think my worst ebay experience ever. My next door neighbour got a cheap old e class with a few problems - first on the list was getting a whole lock set that could be operated off one key, sorting the remote central locking, and getting the drivers electric window working.

Find someone on ebay with the lock set. They said if I got the lock set and receiver for remotes it would work. Also sent a message and conveniently the same person supplied me a window mechanism.

When it arrived, the mechanism wasn't a mechanism, just a motor. We already have a working motor so that's useless.

Then tried swapping the remote receiver - no joy. Also car wouldn't start with the new key by ignition key coil, only with old one. So even if the remote side worked the car would be immobilised.

Then the real fun started when I swapped the ignition barrel. Got it in - piece of cake. Only problem is that it siezed in place. Took massive force to extract it which broke the only key supplied with the set. When barrel was extracted, after close examination it was determined a couple of pins wouldn't fully retract.

So now I'm currently down near a ton trying to help out a neighbour, a whole day's been wasted on it, and to top it off, I wouldn't be surprised if the bits can't be returned now as the key is broken.

Thanks to Over Carl

Geko (27th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

^^

I hate it when that happens. Not the same exact circumstances of course, but you try and do a favour for someone and it costs you time and money.

Thanks to Geko

Over Carl (28th April 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Also fitted a coolant sensor to my mum's merc yesterday - got this off ebay as well. Only worked for about 2 hours before that cocked up. Am I the unluckiest guy on earth or something?

Edit: The other case gets better. Seller called me up for 10 mins shouting and not even wishing to listed to a word I had to say or to take my VIN to verify parts were wrong and also rejected photographic evidence showing the two dodgy pins.

Now we're having a massive email war on ebay - the cunt keeps saying he's reported me to the police and unless I send the stuff back undamaged and cancel my claim against him he's going to report me to the police!?!?! I keep telling him if he has reported me to provide the crime reference number, and if he hasn't reported me, please get on and do it.

Edit 2: He's even claiming I'm a car thief and he's going to have my car taken and destroyed!
    Last edited by Over Carl; 28th April 2013 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks to Over Carl

Rick Sanchez (2nd May 2013)  

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

He sounds like a lovely gentlemen...

I sold my Xbox 360 and accessories on eBay in Dec for £135 ish, paid straight away so I re-tested everything took photos of it working with postage label etc. About two weeks later I receive a refund request cause the guy saw the Xbox 360 etc for £99.

Refused refund. So he then said it didn't work (refused to provide evidence) even though four days later he bought left me negative feedback and eBay refuse to do anything about it..

Thanks you bunch of tossers my 100% feedback ruined...
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had to shift a load of stuff asap the other week and took to gumtree, preloved, facebook and...craigslist (unknowing that it seems to be solely a site for dogging now)

After listing a load of household essentials, Cooker, washer, fridge, 2 TVs and some of my midrange Hifi stuff WELL below the current ebay price and stating that I cannot deliver under any circumstances I get fucking endless morons offering me far less than my asking price, or asking if I can deliver it 40 fucking miles away.
    I also put a few items on gumtree for free, which of course got the quickest response and they also had the fucking cheek to ask if I can deliver, occasionally adding 'for the cost of petrol'...sure love, I load up the van with all my shit and deliver it like father fucking christmas, just throw me a few carrots for Rudolf.
    Not to mention the 'I'll definitely have it mate...' cocks who suddenly forgot how to answer a phone or reply to a text when they fail to show up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post

Edit: The other case gets better. Seller called me up for 10 mins shouting and not even wishing to listed to a word I had to say or to take my VIN to verify parts were wrong and also rejected photographic evidence showing the two dodgy pins.

Now we're having a massive email war on ebay - the cunt keeps saying he's reported me to the police and unless I send the stuff back undamaged and cancel my claim against him he's going to report me to the police!?!?! I keep telling him if he has reported me to provide the crime reference number, and if he hasn't reported me, please get on and do it.

Edit 2: He's even claiming I'm a car thief and he's going to have my car taken and destroyed!

Fucking twat.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why do ebay insist on changing the format of the selling pages so regularly!! I liked the way it was, why fecking change it!

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just found out that you now have to pay a final value fee on the postage cost on items you sell.

So postage costs should reflect the actual cost of the postage, hence you don't make any money...but ebay charge you a fee anyway.

There really are no depths that this company won't sink to.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've refused too sell on eBay now for last 3-4 years and doesn't seem to effected me now use it purely for purchases I can imagine now to list something and sell it you won't get much chang from £15 then possibly a shit load of hassle from dodgy buyers

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    Also fitted a coolant sensor to my mum's merc yesterday - got this off ebay as well. Only worked for about 2 hours before that cocked up. Am I the unluckiest guy on earth or something?

What was the final outcome? Did you have your car destroyed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12