Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay gripes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ebay gripes

Brand New: Only used for a week.

Well it's not new then is it!!!!

15% fees in total.

Auctions completely deleted for no good reason.

Douchebag buyers that apparently can do no wrong as they can't be negged.

Idiot sellers: if you don't have the item, don't list it!

And also with sellers, no I don't believe that you got broken into and the thieves took it, or you tried to turn it on and it exploded, or your pet dragon ate it. I think that you didn't like the price it went for and you still have it in pristine condition. Use a reserve next time.

I know that I have won and paid for an item. One e-mail will suffice: I don't need 5.

Oh, and Paypal? OK, I really don't need a huge fookin banner trying to convince me to order Domino's pizza everytime I log in!

Shooooooo-ryuken!

2 Thanks given to flumperino

macmilm (19th January 2013),  supraman54 (19th January 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebay gripes

Trust me, you've only just scratched the surface.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some new ones:

With the ignominious fees we must pay, ebay has a real nerve plastering every page with adverts.

It's dead annoying when someone wins an auction and then keeps you waiting for the cash for 3 fooking days.

Look it costs £4 to send, who the fuck are you to tell me that I can only charge £2.25? I guess the excess has to be included in the item cost then, which is subject to final value fees.

Don't e-mail me for feedback nutbag. I'm doing you a favour by leaving none as you were a shit seller.

Give it a fucking clean before sending it you dirty bastard.

If you're going to blatently lie and pass off a mobile as brand new, then put in a bit of effort and at the very least wipe the call history and delete the texts, dipshit.

lmao...ebay really must have us over a barrel to put up with all this shit
    Last edited by flumperino; 5th December 2011 at 10:56 PM.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks to flumperino

supraman54 (19th January 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just discovered to my dismay and disgust an item I put a reserve price on which didn't sell but ebay kindly offered me the option to relist said item which sold second time round, the buyer hasn't made any contact for two weeks and I now have a bill or should I say my girlfriend has for £106 charged me twice and I still have the bloody item. Not doing a reserve price listing ever again!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

£106?! What the hell were you selling?!

Thanks
    Karma Level

got charged £53 twice once for the original listing and again for relisting, I put a coffee machine on with a reserve of £1700 thinking if it didn't sell I wouldn't pay the fee doh!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

More new

No I won't take £x for it. The listed price is what I want; if I was willing to accept less I would have used the best offer function.

I don't care what you think or whether you live close, I don't do collection. My sale, my prerogative. Fuck off.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Someones on the rag

Thanks
    Karma Level

item has arrived damaged, can you give me some money back.........NO.!!...ask the fookin postman and see what he says.

will you swap it for.....NO.!!...if i wanted one of them i would fookin go out and buy one.

sorry its took so long to post it out, i died, was abducted, couldnt be feckin bothered once you had paid.

oh sorry, the missing part is still here on the table..

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thought I would bring this one back up. Sold a PS Vita (biggest waste of money ever) on eBay last Sunday. Thought great someone with 100% feedback and an alright score should go smoothly, I emails the bidder letting him know I will post it the second I receive payment but had no reply. I have emailed him every day since with no reply and I have noticed he has bought other items recently because he received feedback only yesterday. I can't understand why people bid on items and have no intention of paying for them and then to have the ignorance to ignore all your messages because they don 't even have the decency to let you know they don't intend to pay. Now I have to wait 8 days in total to sell the item on and get a refund off eBay. I also think this is partially down to sellers not being able to leave negative feedback.

Does anybody know what consequences buyers face when they do not pay the sellers?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Funny how ebay always evades the law. Law on auctions in this country states the moment a person wins an item at auction, the item is legally their property and they also now have a debt of the value of the item which is resolved by completing the transaction. If the buyer wants to pull out, the law says it's up to the discretion of the seller whether to let them off.

In addition, say if I advertise an item and it's sold, then say to the winning bidder sorry I'm refunding it as the item is damaged (common practise when sellers don't realise what they are hoping for), then either I am guilty of misrepresentation if the item was actually damaged prior to the auction, or criminal damage if the damage occurs after. In these instances, it is the seller's responsiblity to remedy the problem (or in traditional auction houses if the auction house damages an item they are responsible), regardless of whether this would cost more than the item sold for.

I remember these prinicples from when I used to work at an auction house many years ago.

2 Thanks given to Over Carl

Bald Bouncer (14th June 2012),  macmilm (19th January 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    Funny how ebay always evades the law. Law on auctions in this country states the moment a person wins an item at auction, the item is legally their property and they also now have a debt of the value of the item which is resolved by completing the transaction. If the buyer wants to pull out, the law says it's up to the discretion of the seller whether to let them off.

In addition, say if I advertise an item and it's sold, then say to the winning bidder sorry I'm refunding it as the item is damaged (common practise when sellers don't realise what they are hoping for), then either I am guilty of misrepresentation if the item was actually damaged prior to the auction, or criminal damage if the damage occurs after. In these instances, it is the seller's responsiblity to remedy the problem (or in traditional auction houses if the auction house damages an item they are responsible), regardless of whether this would cost more than the item sold for.

I remember these prinicples from when I used to work at an auction house many years ago.
    Not just the laws on Auctions although depending on which law or regulation they are trying to avoid they are either an auction site or not an auction site, they break numerous other regulations and laws for example if I had a shop in which I allowed people to sell items taking a cut of the profit and didn't check they hadn't been stolen or counterfeit how long do you think it would be before the police raided and I was standing in the dock, the defence they use is they have such a high volume of goods going through etc etc they do there best to stop such activity which is really just a smoke screen not a defence as in law they are liable and the only difference between them and the example I give is money, power and no doubt brown envelopes in the right pockets.

Under the UK fair trading laws they should also be pulled up on the fact they force people to use there payment system but of course the people who are in a position to do anything (office of fair trading and Trading standards) who are paid for by our taxes are far too busy protecting the interests of big business and finally they pay a fraction of tax they should in the UK.

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

Over Carl (14th June 2012),  Rick Sanchez (2nd May 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Almost forgot about how they also make a mockery of the distance selling regs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

We see that you have been a regular shopper with eBay via your Quidco account and that you have enjoyed their cashback offers.

Sadly, we're writing to advise you that eBay have decided to withdraw from the cashback market altogether and after 31st January 2013 all eBay stores will disappear from our site.
    Dirty bastards. As if they are not making enough money!!

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck ebay, I know facebook isnt everyone's cuppa but depending where you are in the uk most places have a facebook selling group, Leeds group is currently 10,000 and growing daily all local buyers and sellers no fee's local collection.

stopped selling on ebay months ago and now make a killing on facebook
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks to consoles

BigBird (19th January 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by consoles View Post
    Fuck ebay, I know facebook isnt everyone's cuppa but depending where you are in the uk most places have a facebook selling group, Leeds group is currently 10,000 and growing daily all local buyers and sellers no fee's local collection.

stopped selling on ebay months ago and now make a killing on facebook
    Haven't tried selling or buying on my local Facebook buy and sell page yet but I know many that do, and everything usually sells fast with no problems. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

its a fast way to sell stuff, but always put 5-10 more than you want on top, as it seems in Leeds anyway they want shit for next to nowt.

most stuff seems to sell the same day so if your stuck for cash and have some gear laying around you can turn it around quiet easy.

Just have to be wary of the phones sold seen loads moaning after a few days been blocked so obviously selling lost/stolen phones.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by andy262000 View Post
    got charged £53 twice once for the original listing and again for relisting, I put a coffee machine on with a reserve of £1700 thinking if it didn't sell I wouldn't pay the fee doh!!
    Wtf so you Got charged a final value fee twice when the first time it never sold? I thought if buyer does not show you can request to cancel and if they don't agree within so many days it automatically rules in your favour . Cannot imagine your listing fee was that much. Sounds like eBay have fucked up somewhere plus you should be able to retrieve all back except listing fee surely.

Just thought was that all because you set a reserve ...?? I have never used reserve

Thanks
    Karma Level

btw they pulled from cashback market at some people such as myself were getting double points
    Nectar automated points and the cashback from topcashback, it wasnt good business

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

getting seriously pissed off with E-Bay with buyers making totally unreasonable demands and then leaving bad feedback,fucking Wankers,I.m nearly done with the shitty site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast