Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Wifi crack tool that's totally point and click.

I've been a fan of backtrack etc. for some years now as I'm a typical 'geek' wanting to learn new things for the hell of it (like most members here I imagine lol)

Anyway, found out a while ago my lad had 'hacked' a small hotels wifi AP when he's at his mums as she only has a dongle for personal use and won't let him use her data etc.

He used my old netgear wifi dongle (I've got a more powerful one now for injection) and a programme called 'Beini' ... Never heard of it myself.

Did a bit of digging and it turns out it's very simple to crack WEP in particular... only took him a few minutes so I had a play with it.

DL'd latest release and put it onto a bootable USB drive, it takes up less than 50 meg of space and it boots real quick. Done some screen shots of using it at it's basic level:

Main boot screen (apart from the gimp icon fifth from right which I added seperately to take the screenshots):

Started the programme minidwep-gtk, this is the default screen and settings:

Hit the scan button, and it'll grab any AP's it can that have WEP encryption:

After about 30 seconds, it'll list just the AP's with WEP being used, select the one you're interested in and hit launch:

If the AP has some clients, the quicker it'll be, but in time, you should see this:

Job done. All that's really needed is the right wifi dongle, Mine are based on the RTL8187L chipset and Beini picked them up no problem as drivers are installed already. You could also go down the road of dictionary attacks on WPA etc. but for the basics, good bit of kit.

It's actually a pretty good all-round kit for non network testing. It's got a seperate app package installer simlilar to package manager in ubuntu, can DL, extract and install apps just with a few clicks so could well use as a really small all-round linux.

Obviously, I've told my lad it's 'naughty' but then, he's only 9 and don't really want to knock his ingenuity really lol.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks to burner1

BFG (27th June 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Wifi crack tool that's totally point and click.

what method did you use to install it to a usb that can be booted?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers buddy, yeah i saw that but didnt understand it tbh, does it require a linux install to run the loader ?

ive only got an old xp lappy.

/still confused

any more ideas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nice one thanks mate, will have a play with that one, never heard of that either but much easier than dicking about with all the commands!

Picked up a Backtrack book this week so going to have a play around with 5 this weekend while I've got a quiet one!

BackTrack 4: Assuring Security by Penetration Testing: Amazon.co.uk: Shakeel Ali, Tedi Heriyanto: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WEXgOJ6VL.@@AMEPARAM@@51WEXgOJ6VL

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    cheers buddy, yeah i saw that but didnt understand it tbh, does it require a linux install to run the loader ?
    Download then Burn to CD.
    Boot a computer from the CD and the OS will run from the CD (leaving computer HDD alone)
    Then select the install to USB (or just use it from the CD)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post

ive only got an old xp lappy.

/still confused

any more ideas
    Have a watch at this video of it being installed on a usb drive mate. I found that some people have had trouble with the latest usb loader used in the video, but you can get earlier versions which seem to give better results.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Tried it from a CD, using my Thinkpad T410 internal card I retrieved my two AP WEP keys in my house. Just need a similarly simple tool for sniffing my WPA key on my main router although from memory this is far more involved and requires manual commands.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    Tried it from a CD, using my Thinkpad T410 internal card I retrieved my two AP WEP keys in my house. Just need a similarly simple tool for sniffing my WPA key on my main router although from memory this is far more involved and requires manual commands.
    You'll need a (Big) dictionary for wpa mate.. if it's your own router, you could add the password to a small dictionary file for testing though, I usually suggest this to people to make sure their process is correct before looking for 'victims'..

You can also add apps etc. to this package as well as run various crack commands from the command line in a terminal. When I'm going for WEP, I'll run the standard gui app above, and also open a terminal session and run aireplay-ng to send out numerous de-auth commands which can speed up the time to find the WEP key.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

For some reason the Beini app will no longer pick up my internal WLAN card, just tried creating a USB for it but same problem as CD.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do you know what chipset the wifi card is mate?

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The card is an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 card, all I can find about the chipset is it is a 5 series. Can install everest or similar if necessary, just confused as to why it worked fine yesterday but not today.

Using the aircrack compatibility list it goes as far as Centrino 5xxx
    http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?...#compatibility

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Any way of getting this to save to the usb stick?

I've created a bootable usb stick that boots fine and works ok, but it doesn't save the files from successfull password finds which is a bit of a PITA to say the least.

i've followed the tutorials and everything seems to have worked ok (no errors) but still can't save anything

EDIT - think I've kind of sorted it - if I open the file with the key result using vi I can copy it then using a new vi window save it to /mnt/sdc1/filename.txt - not as simple as just copying the file bu for some reason it won't allow it to be moved or coped from /tmp into /mnt/sdc1.

Got firefox installed so after grabbing the keys I'm able to connect and browse t'interweb from the beini desktop
    Last edited by Northernbloke; 25th May 2011 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Northernbloke View Post
    Any way of getting this to save to the usb stick?

I've created a bootable usb stick that boots fine and works ok, but it doesn't save the files from successfull password finds which is a bit of a PITA to say the least.

i've followed the tutorials and everything seems to have worked ok (no errors) but still can't save anything

EDIT - think I've kind of sorted it - if I open the file with the key result using vi I can copy it then using a new vi window save it to /mnt/sdc1/filename.txt - not as simple as just copying the file bu for some reason it won't allow it to be moved or coped from /tmp into /mnt/sdc1.

Got firefox installed so after grabbing the keys I'm able to connect and browse t'interweb from the beini desktop
    The way I save the keys as a text file:
    click on apps icon on desktop.. then -file-install local. .. in the list, select leafpad, then install (bottom left). That'll install a notepad type editor and place an icon on the desktop. Click on this icon to start leafpad..Copy and paste the key into this. To save the file persistently, click on the option 'file-save as' in leafpad.. name it what you want, click on the 'Browse for other folders' tab, then click on what would probably be named sdb1. (should list the root files on the usb device) and click 'save' to save it there. You can now plug the stick into a windows PC and open it as a notepad file on a windows PC and copy and paste however you like.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yep it's all sorted now - managed to get the info to save and got some practise configuring the wlan0 interface, bringing it up n down on different networks. got leafpad installed, and installed ettercap although I can't get it running yet - it's a bit of fun trying to learn and make it work though

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi guys,can someone tell me how to view the key file.thanks

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Easiest way is install leafpad through the apps manager then open the key file - it's usually stored in the /tmp folder

or open a terminal and type
    Code:
    vi /tmp/put-key-filename-here
    To get out of vi press the Esc key then type :q! and press enter
    Last edited by Northernbloke; 25th May 2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: /tmp folder NOT /mnt

Thanks
    Karma Level

can you tell me how to instal leafpad,don't see anything in apps manager

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

3 posts up on this thread Burner1 explained it

1 - click the apps icon on the bar in the bottom middle of the screen
    2 - click on the bar that says "File" near the top of the Appbrowser window
    3 - Select Install Local
    4 - scroll through the list till you find the file called leafpad.tcz and select it
    5 - click OK then click Install

Thanks
    Karma Level

sorry for bothering you,but i don't have a leafpad.tcz to choose from,thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast