Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Had enough of telling my las to 'turn the other cheek'

As with most kids, my son (at Primary School) gets the occasional little twat in school trying to act the hard case, and I've always told my kids to report it to the teacher etc. sometimes this has worked and they've told the other kid/kids off etc. but the past few weeks this twat and a mate of his have been hassling my lad a lot and nothing seems to be done, even though I've talked about it to my lads teacher.

Anyway, I've told my son this week that if he's ever in a position that he knows this kid, or any other, is going to hit him to fight back. I've always thought that if someones going to hit me then I'll give them as good as I get rather than be a punch bag... chances are, even if they put you down, they're less likely to think of you as an easy target again and that's the sort bullies like to pick on.

He went up the park yesterday after School and this kid was there with some other boys and girls, started on my lad apparently but initially he wouldn't fight back.. it was my little lass (8) who stood up to him and punched him lol. Lass stood back when I guess my lad got his nerve and he let rip with a couple of years of pent up feelings.

Apparently this lad has bullied the girls in School, including my lass' best mate.
    They both came home as they didn't know what was going to happen, but seems today they went up there and this other kid started to try being all pally with my son so hopefully a corner has been turned in that respect but I've no intention of letting my son hang around with a person with that mentalilty as a 'mate'.

The little shit's due to go 'big School' in the next autumn term and I'm pretty sure he's the sort to get a hammering if he tries that on there.

I guess, as a parent, it's fucking hard to keep telling your kids to turn the other cheek in this world.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Had enough of telling my las to 'turn the other cheek'

Good on em, bullies are weak low self esteem tossers.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I remember always telling my youngest daughter to stick up for herself when she was little, i was watching tv one night and the phone rings, it's brown owl the brownie leader, Mr Z your daughter has just battered 2 girls at our disco, lol they were picking on her though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm afraid I'm of the school of thought that defending yourself physically is the best way to go. I try to tell the kids that if someone hits them, to hit back. They also know if they start it, or are bullying, then we will come down on them like a ton of bricks. We should all be allowed to defend ourselves, and sorry, but most schools ARE too soft on bullies.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well just to put a different perspective on this I am your typical knob head most of my life I have been a fighter. I have come second in a hell of a lot of fights I got the battle scars and broken bones I recently had my teeth redone at a cost of £3200 but it has never stopped me I suffer from road rage in a big way I am now 43 years old I go gym 6 days a week I occasionally take steroids and love to drink so you can picture what kind of prick I am and lack of mutual respect is what sends me wrong. I sometimes think I am living up to my reputation when in reality I am just a Neanderthal thug.

But I have 4 kids 2 girls 2 boys and I would be VERY VERY HAPPY if they can all grow up and NEVER have a fight. It’s an old cliché but it’s not big and it’s not clever.

I don’t want my kids to feel like me

If you can use words to stop the fight then you will be a better person
    NON ILLIGITAMUS CARBORUNDUM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GEEZA View Post
    Well just to put a different perspective on this I am your typical knob head most of my life I have been a fighter. I have come second in a hell of a lot of fights I got the battle scars and broken bones I recently had my teeth redone at a cost of £3200 but it has never stopped me I suffer from road rage in a big way I am now 43 years old I go gym 6 days a week I occasionally take steroids and love to drink so you can picture what kind of prick I am and lack of mutual respect is what sends me wrong. I sometimes think I am living up to my reputation when in reality I am just a Neanderthal thug.

But I have 4 kids 2 girls 2 boys and I would be VERY VERY HAPPY if they can all grow up and NEVER have a fight. It’s an old cliché but it’s not big and it’s not clever.

I don’t want my kids to feel like me

If you can use words to stop the fight then you will be a better person
    So would I mate, more than anything else but life isn't like that sadly. There are and always will be people in this world who think the only way they can gain 'respect' is to scare people or hit them for no reason other than trying to make themselves look good, and that's not going to happen anymore in my family.

Where-ever you go in the world there are people who just want to go about their business peacefully, you'll find thugs and bullies.

Words are good, I've got out of many a scrape by talking reason as I'm not a physical person by nature even though I learnt boxing and martial arts in my younger days, but when you know it's that or nothing, your options are limited to just stand there and take it or fight.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    I remember always telling my youngest daughter to stick up for herself when she was little, i was watching tv one night and the phone rings, it's brown owl the brownie leader, Mr Z your daughter has just battered 2 girls at our disco, lol they were picking on her though.
    Is that Lucy?? Lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ilscuro View Post
    Mr Z your daughter has just battered 2 girls at our disco, lol they were picking on her though.
    Just out curiosity you didn't used to own a chopper did you? and has anyone ever got medieval on your ass?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've brought mine up pretty much the same as BBK if they can justify hitting someone then i'll back them up to the hilt, but if i ever find out they are bullying or hitting someone for no good reason then they will be in a whole world of pain.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The problem here is kids having kids, there's allways been bullies but now days it does seem like survival of the fittest and it shouldnt be like that, my nephew is 8 and he was in tears the other day cause the only pants he had to wear for PE day was ben ten and everyone would take the piss out of him, so sister done him a note to say pe kit was lost.

Theres to many people having kids that havnt grown up thereself and still think its cool to be a bully so teach there kids the same, teach them to pick on the kids with glasses not directly but by laughing at people in the street with there mates, kids pick up on this stuff.

the countrys in trouble.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wasn't really bullied but i was certainly one of the runts of the litter and had a bit of gip from one particular boy on and off throughout my school life and from time to time it would get to me. As a whole he was very hated but he was tough enough to carry it off and still have a group of croanies to hang around with.

About 15 years later I found out he was adopted and his adopted parents kicked the living shit out of him, mentally and physically and apparently it wasnt unusual for him to cry on his way home as he faced the hell he had to call family life.

Having said that, there were still plenty of other bullies at my school who were just plain and simple shit faced fuckers, but there you go.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I tell my kids never to hit anyone unless they get hit first, then I tell them to him them in the face as hard as they can.

Its better to burn out than to fade away...............

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had a bit of a problem last year with my oldest boy who was 12. He is diabetic and was getting a hard time from this scum bag slapper in his year at school who was calling him a sp*z a freak weirdo, mutant ect because of his diabetes. long story short the school didn’t bother to do anything about it for weeks and he couldn't as the bully was a girl and hitting girls is a no no, so eventually we told the school that we would be reporting the situation as a hate crime under the disability discrimination act and that we hoped that they had all our correspondence filed and their internal reports and investigations in order as the police would need them in order to prosecute those responsible for both the bulling and the failure to protect him from the hate crime. Amazingly the bulling stopped that day and personal apologies were forthcoming from the head teacher and head of year along with promises of prompt action if it were to happen again.
    A good result but a pity we had to go that far to get it.
    Last edited by andyinlondon; 16th May 2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving's not for you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I mentioned the bullying thing to me mum yesterday and she reminded me of something that I had forgotten all about. When I was a school there was a typical big kid, bit fat, liked to throw his weight about and generally pick fights etc, he picked on me one day and broke the arm of my fantastic NHS specs. Me mum, in her graceful and polite manner when to the kids house, almost punched a hole in the door, gave his mum a large round of verbal abuse and then stormed off, me tagging on her apron strings like a toddler walking an alsation. Got the result, he was like my best mate the next day
    I wonder if the same would work today?