Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Quick sony E3 run down

Missed Sony's E3 2011 press conference? Sony made some major game and hardware announcements at the event. If you need to get caught up quick, below is a rundown of everything that happened at the conference.

If you're looking for E3 updates, click Subscribe at the top of this article, follow me on Twitter, or Like my Facebook page.

· Jack Tretton comes on stage.

· Tretton offers an apology to users, developers, retail partners for PSN outage.

· Tretton: Sony offering free access to CinemaNow services through PSN.

· Naughty Dog comes on stage to demo Uncharted 3. UC3 multiplayer beta begins June 28th. Promotion with Subway to gain access to early complete multiplayer access. Uncharted 3 trailer shown.

· Insomniac Games introduced to show Resistance 3. Resistance 3 will support 3D and Move. Resistance 3 Sharpshooter bundle w/Resistance 3, PSMove, Navigation controller, Camera for $150.

· God of War: Origins Collection announced (GOW PSP titles remastered), ICO / Shadow Of The Colossus HD Collection for September with 3D.

· PlayStation-branded 3D display announced. Has tech that allows users to see two screens at once instead of split-screen! Coming fall with 3D glasses, Resistance 3, HDMI cable, bundle available for $499. New 3D glasses for $69.99.

· Tretton talks PlayStation Move, introduces 2K Sports, who talks NBA 2K12. Move support for NBA 2K12. Kobe Bryant brought out to demo NBA 2K12.

· New Move title from creators of Sports Champions called Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest available Fall 2011. First person combat game.

· inFAMOUS 2 trailer shown, Tretton announces Move support for inFAMOUS 2 UGC mission creator this fall.

· LBP2 gets deeper Move support for play and level creation in patch coming September.

· Early 2012 release for Starhawk announced, trailer shown.

· Sony reveals Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time for 2012.

· DUST 514, FPS component for EVE Online, revealed as PS3 exclusive. Gameplay footage for DUST 514 shown. Closed beta coming end of year, release in Spring 2012. Supports Move, has NGP component.

· BioShock Infinite shown. Ken Levine announces PlayStation Move support for BSINF.

· Levine announces Irrational Games BioShock project for NGP.

· BioShock Infinite PS3 comes with free copy of original BioShock on the same Blu-ray.

· Saint's Row: The Third will receive PS3-exclusive content.

· Star Trek co-op action/adventure title (JJ Abrams Star Trek tie-in) announced w/compatibility with PlayStation Move. PS Move peripheral with phaser feel announced. Prequel announced for PSN. Both titles will support PS Move.

· EA: SSX offers Mt. Fuji exclusively for PS3. NFS: The Run will offer 7 exclusive supercars to PS3 on separate Blu-ray disc. Battlefield 3: PS3 version will receive Battlefield 1943 bundled free. EA supporting NGP.

· Kaz Hirai comes out, announces PlayStation Suite support for cell phones. Talks NGP features and how they connect with everyday life.

· NGP is now called PlayStation Vita. Vita will have both Wi-Fi and 3G Models for online multiplayer experience.

· Sony announces AT&T as exclusive carrier of PlayStation Vita's 3G services in the U.S.

· Party for Vita announced, users in same game room on PS Vita can voice chat over headsets or built-in microphone, regardless of location or what game they're playing.

· Sony announces Near for Vita, social experience to help find friends and compare Trophies on Vita.

· Uncharted: Golden Abyss demoed by Sony Bend. Motion controls, touch controls demoed.

· Social Action/RPG RUIN for PS3 & Vita announced. Interactivity between two versions: can save PSV progress to Cloud and pick right up on PS3.

· New ModNation Racers announced for Vita. MNR built for Vita's feature set. Shows use of front touch screen and rear touch pad for track creation. Vita will have access all existing tracks created by MNR community.

· Wipeout 2048 has cross-play to enable players to play against each other on Vita and PS3 (up to 8 players).

· LittleBigPlanet for Vita shown. Brand-new LBP game for Vita that supports touch, tilt, rear-touch and has multiplayer modes. Touch can be used in level creation. Includes all LBP creation tools from LBP2.

· Capcom announces Street Fighter X Tekken version for Vita. Cole from inFAMOUS is a fighter in SFXTEKKEN!

· More than 80 Vita titles in development.

· Highlight Reel for Vita shown: Uncharted: GA, Wipeout 2048, Little Deviants, LBP, Hustle Kings, MNR, Super Stardust, Reality Fighters, Hot Shots Golf, and more.

· Vita will be made available starting this holiday. 2 models: Wi-Fi only and 3G + Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi only is $249. Wi-Fi & 3G is $299.

· Jack Tretton thanks everyone, conference over.

Continue reading on Examiner.com E3: Full recap of Sony’s E3 2011 conference - National playstation | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/playstation-...#ixzz1Ob7IrFsZ

Not my words, nabbed off examiner.com, have a look around for the stream of the presentation if you want the full beef.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Quick sony E3 run down

very underwhelmed at both ms and sonys offerings =(

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sony's was ok what the fuck MS were doing showing voice recognition to control games I don't know - am sure some stuff on xbox1 / ps2 did that

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah im not overly impressed with either company this year, maybe they are running out of steam
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

After seeing Nintendo's I think Sony were the 'winners', they really had their shit together, MS just wanked themselves into a frenzy over Kinect which, just like real wanking, is usually a solo experience. Nintendo came with an idea and completely failed to explain what the fuck it is. As usual with Nintendo consoles though, things fall into place a little more once you have a hands on, which, is also just like wanking.

Do I have a future in game journalism or what?

Thanks to {{909}}

Mario87 (31st July 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some interesting stuff but still underwhelmed. Much more interested in what devs are gonna do with the new WiiU and Kinect.

Am surprised Dust is gonna be a PS3 exclusive but I am looking forward to that. Other than that it seems MS, Ninty and Sony are pinning their hopes on sequels. I can kind of understand why - if it works why finish it but I would like new stuff as well as...
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    After seeing Nintendo's I think Sony were the 'winners', they really had their shit together, MS just wanked themselves into a frenzy over Kinect which, just like real wanking, is usually a solo experience. Nintendo came with an idea and completely failed to explain what the fuck it is. As usual with Nintendo consoles though, things fall into place a little more once you have a hands on, which, is also just like wanking.

Do I have a future in game journalism or what?
    HAhaahah! was having a Shitty day at work, this cheered me up. You certainly do mate.