Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Is there a way to send my PC audio out to my ipod touch over wifi?

I've currently got my pc wired up to my amp via a home made 10metre phono lead, which has served me well for years until recently where there must be a break in the cabling somewhere and I have to tap the sleeving of the cabling to get both speakers working. I really cant be fucked rewiring it as its spiral wrapped with a 10metre Cat5 cable, which took me fucking hours to do..

Anyway, is there a way to stream my output to the ipod, which I could just plug into my amp with a standard headphone to photo cable? I dont want to just stream my music but the whole audio output from my PC.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Is there a way to send my PC audio out to my ipod touch over wifi?

Try the splashtop app, lets u have complete control of ur pc on ur ipod/ipad. It mutes ur pc speakers and play threw ur device.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i need it the other way around really, well I just want the ipod to be my PC's bitch but I dont think there is such an app out there. Given up on the idea now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    I've currently got my pc wired up to my amp via a home made 10metre phono lead, which has served me well for years until recently where there must be a break in the cabling somewhere and I have to tap the sleeving of the cabling to get both speakers working. I really cant be fucked rewiring it as its spiral wrapped with a 10metre Cat5 cable, which took me fucking hours to do..

Anyway, is there a way to stream my output to the ipod, which I could just plug into my amp with a standard headphone to photo cable? I dont want to just stream my music but the whole audio output from my PC.
    What about using something like Audiogalaxy? You install the audiogalaxy helper on your pc, then the ios app on your ipod touch and it should stream the music from your pc to your ipod.

Thanks
    Karma Level

they are all geared as if you want to choose and play the music at the ipod end, rather than me being able to control it at the PC here. I can see its a bit of an odd request so understandably there isnt a plethora of apps to do it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have you tried Airfoil. I use it with my mac. It's available in the usual places too.
    http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/windows/

m
    ml
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

ooh, that looks alright, I'll give it a sniff later

Thanks
    Karma Level

The iTunes remote home sharing has worked for me. Have you tried that?
    Sounds exactly what you need and is already set up.... Or are you not using iTunes?

Alternatively one of the guys suggested Subsonic to me last week and I am happily using that now, not just in the home but at work etc...
    I had to by the iSub app for £2.99 when I want to use the iPhone, but it works a charm!
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

this airfoil thing does the job! although I am not too sure if its droppping the quality a bit, surely a good wifi signal going about 3 metres can handle a 192k mp3? Its a bit laggy too but cant complain

Will have a tinker with it anyway, and look into subsonic, cheers chaps