Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: my new coaster website

FYI I am attending to the crticism which has been good, ie spacing with commas,images not enlargening ( i am resizing them)
    The last time I got crticised on this site I increased my revenue. You always need a fresh pair of eyes.

I was Just wondering if we have anybody with a good track record and could show their site as comparison as to what they have done and how it succeeded.
    I like learning from money getters.

Last year I lost £30 000 on a net thing but I learned from it.
    That was one of my biggest losses.

As well as success anyone willing to share their loss making experiences.

Mule You say " I can but I won't" nothing wrong in that. Don't let anybody criticise you for saying that but
    can you show us your lossess and mistakes, if you are unwilling again it's okay as well.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi Jon,
    My kids go to schooll in compton st, where Mr Olive Oil is. I know somebody who approached him and he said no.

The guy who approached him is a serious money getter but he got knocked back.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    I can but won't. You obviously don't want any actual criticism since you know better than all of us already.
    I tend to agree it seems more about getting a backlink than actually wanting advice and as you stated "regarding enlarging images, I will get that sorted but I don't like making them too large as tired of people ripping off my designs" I actually wondered how much you are paying in royalties for the use of others designs you are offering?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just curious here can any of you post websites that you have designed/run/seo or make money from.
    If you can't then any advice you gave is taken with a pinch of salt
    My main money earner is in my signature, but 3-4 other sites very similar earning about 45%, site looks crap but if I have it redesigned I know I'll lose my position in Google, as a lad who does the same thing was in first place for the keywords we target and now he's drop out of the first page altogether after a redesign losing him thousands a month.

So while ever it's making me more than I earn at work it's staying as it is shit looking or not lol.

Also just started a new site based on the Wii U which I've already got to first place for all 4 keywords I need for when it's released next year
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

From a random point of view, I have no experience in web building, but to me the website looks like a scam.

Don't think the colours work, white background with multi colours just looks a bit cheap?
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I didn't see an option for user submitted items... someone might want one of their dog, or a pic of their car... just a thought. And something positive to feed back...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

hi Bald Bouncer,

If I needed a backlink I would just put it in a signature.
    As a donator to the forum and one of it's long standing memebrs I am sure Rapt would agree but then I wouldn't ask as i don't need to.

For the Pon and ZI DESIGNS , it costs me a large some up front and guaranteed royalty.( signed a NDA so can't give an exact amount.
    Those that are not in the public domain I may go to getty/corbis and do a one of license deal for a limitied run.

One time I offered them £150 000 for a Maradona image, where he is taking on 6 players against belgium. to buy it exclusive outright.
    They said " Not even close.

Depending on the image and the amount you do it varies, starting from £500 but can run into thousands. Alot of images I buy from sites like shutterstock , fotolia, not much around £50.

My best license i ever got was the afghan women from getty for only £350 for a 3 year licence with 5OOO run.
    That was a good deal .
    If you need any advice on licensing images feel free to ask.
    Last edited by flypitcher; 13th June 2011 at 04:21 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well done Consoles. All the best for the future.

I understand what you mean by a redesign and then bang goes the SEO.
    It's a tricky one a good website which says not worry about SEO is www.futurenowinc.com. it cares more about conversions.

One of my sites has got over 150 positive reviews and they show up on PCC on my google ads this really helps my revenue.

I think if you are a little guy that you should aim to have about 4 websites and try and make £50 profit daily from each.

Find a niche and go with it. If it doesnt work then drop it and move on.
    Good spotting on the new (wii device)
    Last edited by flypitcher; 13th June 2011 at 04:22 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Good point BFG, but I get my coasters manufactured for me abroad and I have to order minimum 250 000 to get the price.
    It takes 3 months from order to delivery.

Also when you have to do bespoke work unless i am making £10 profit per order I don't do it.
    But very good point.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flypitcher View Post
    Good point BFG, but I get my coasters manufactured for me abroad and I have to order minimum 250 000 to get the price.
    It takes 3 months from order to delivery.
    Really? That's massive. I was going to ask you how you stocked.
    Fair play to you - good luck with it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flypitcher View Post
    hi Bald Bouncer,

If I needed a backlink I would just put it in a signature.
    As a donator to the forum and one of it's long standing memebrs I am sure Rapt would agree but then I wouldn't ask as i don't need to.

For the Pon and ZI DESIGNS , it costs me a large some up front and guaranteed royalty.( signed a NDA so can't give an exact amount.
    Those that are not in the public domain I may go to getty/corbis and do a one of license deal for a limitied run.

One time I offered them £150 000 for a Maradona image, where he is taking on 6 players against belgium. to buy it exclusive outright.
    They said " Not even close.

Depending on the image and the amount you do it varies, starting from £500 but can run into thousands. Alot of images I buy from sites like shutterstock , fotolia, not much around £50.

My best license i ever got was the afghan women from getty for only £350 for a 3 year licence with 5OOO run.
    That was a good deal .
    If you need any advice on licensing images feel free to ask.
    Thanks for that, I said about the backlinks as you are coming across to me a bit defensive and aggressive but I may just be reading it that way and it isn't the case.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

No probs forget to put in the

Thanks
    Karma Level

Look at this site
    http://www.planetmem.com/index.htm

Now most of you will slag this site off but this site makes lots of money, I know because it is beside my kids school and I see the couriers also I know someone who tried a deal with him

Yes, your right .. it's shite.
    Just imagine how much money he'd make if he had a site that looked half decent.

I've had many failures from websites, in fact all of them, all because I don't have the time to see them through.
    I've got to the point were a website idea is as good as complete but not had the time or the funds to market it.
    I guess that makes my comments wrong when it comes to your site, cos your an expert.

I've also come to a point in my life now where I have my detached house, 11 plate car, my gorgeous new wife (yes, very soppy but true) and an ok paying job and think why should I spend all my spare time trying to make a few extra quid, why not just enjoy what I have.
    It's not exactly the life of Riley, but from where I was 10 years ago it's more than I could have ever hoped for.

You asked for a comment on your site .. it looks crap and is based on a purchased shop and template, you've done nothing but add products to it to sell.
    The enlarge image and then have it the same size just irritates me, why not just use a watermark?

People on here have given you feedback on your SITE not your business and you've decided that almost all of them are wrong.
    I'd say that if you want better feedback then stop coming across as a money grabbing tosser who knows everything and go big up your ego somewhere were they also know nothing about coding and designing websites.

Either that or write your own shopping cart and design your own page then come and ask for feedback!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

"FYI I am attending to the crticism which has been good, ie spacing with commas,images not enlargening ( i am resizing them)
    The last time I got crticised on this site I increased my revenue. You always need a fresh pair of eyes."

I posted this as a reply yesterday so this disproves your argument that I am not listening to the critics.
    When I get around to update the site all the criticms such as commas,spaces ,image enlargement will be changed like i said in my earlier post.

"Either that or write your own shopping cart and design your own page then come and ask for feedback!
    "

Like i said a few days ago studying django/python to create a bespoke site.

It maybe helpful for you to read all the posts firsts.

I do sense a sort of whistlefulness tone in your place regarding what "could have been."
    But hey you have a detached house and the 11 plate car ( whatever that is),new wife .
    That sounds really really nice. Sometimes I wish had a new wife

It seems that I have gotten under your skin and if I have I aplogise it was not my intention but remember the golden rule of any forum,
    "never let a stranger make you angry and resort to name calling".

Aas for me b

Thanks
    Karma Level

A new wife is essential, especially if you were married to a fat piece of lazy shite like I was for 17 years, I thank God every day that she found someone even fatter and older to bump uglies with (not that I'm bitter, obviously!)

.. anyway

Yes, your comments did get under my skin as you asked for feedback and then tried telling people they were wrong because you make £xx,xxx amount every year.

I did read each post and although you are correcting your poor grammar and making the pics a little bigger as per the reply you gave, it seemed to me that those few words were far outweighed by the other many defensive comments you have made in your other posts.

An 11 plate car just basically means "I have a new car" I'm not bragging (it is a Qashqai after all) I'm just saying that I have what I currently consider to be enough and don't have the time to spend (like you obviously do) throwing up poor websites to earn some extra reddies, nor do I have the funds to lose £30,000 trying.

If you make your millions spending all your time doing this then fantastic, but don't ask for criticism on your poor template site from us .. tell us we're wrong and then start bragging about how good at it you are.

If we had an ideas section and you posted that you wanted to setup this website selling coasters I would have said "your fuckin nuts, it'll never work or if it does you'll never make money out of it" and then you could have come back to me given me all that about being the next Sir Alan Sugar, but as it is ... Your fired!

Last edited by AspectUK; 14th June 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The company number on your website is incorrect. It should be 07309123, the same goes for your canvastown.com site. It seems your company was only incorporated in July 2010. Is that correct?

What kind of business is the Canvas site doing, if you don't mind me asking? Seems strange for that to be under a Limited company only incorporated in 2010 as it appears to have been operating from at least 2008?

I also notice most of the Google Checkout reviews for the canvas site are from 2008-09 and very few from 2010-11?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmm, this might answer my last question........ http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews249907.html

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Love to you all.
    Look I can't help it if I make money on the net.
    I buy and I sell.
    As for being a money grabber tosser (ASPECT) Ok everything is relative, as I said I try to make £50 a day , so ASPECT if you are selling the big issue sorry.
    Never the links of friendship become rusty

PS.Donate to the forum you tight cunts
    What's wrong with you haters in not donating
    I donated £3 this year already.

Sorry can't reply anymore to this thread .
    Got to work,
    There is no recession, money is out there.Go get it.

kisses to you all.
    Last edited by flypitcher; 14th June 2011 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmm .. you seem to have overlooked the post from CzarJunkie and instead plan on dodging any future questions by saying your too busy .. Bullshit!

You got some negative feedback from us about your site and now we've found you have some issues and negative feedback from your recent customers and wanna get out of here without having to explain yourself.
    I don't sell the big issue and I'm a VIP you dick which means I paid for my membership!

I have no issue with people making money, I have issue with people coming on here asking for feedback thinking they'll get a pat on the back telling them how good their site is and what a great idea it is, then, when they get the truth spoon fed to them they become this arrogant shit who pretends it doesn't bother them.

Best of luck with all your ventures, just don't ask for feedback on something that you have spent 10 minutes on expecting us to swoon at your design skills .. because they're non-existant.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i gotta agree with aspect on this, you asked for opinion and many talented members gave their opinion.
    resorting to sly name calling is not on.
    A wise man once said " "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast