Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bull Thrushy's mini journo

In January weighed in at 95.5kg (according to the nhs website I was overweight)

Height - 184.4cm
    Age - 30
    Penis length - fucking massive

Between now and January I have cut down my weight to 79.6kg (as of today) the reduction has been down to cutting out various junk food (I now booze maybe once every few months, spirits or wines only) I used to eat and swimming 3 times per week Yoga once per week (generally being more active, walking to places rather than driving and some hiking - in cooler weather)

My goal is to reach around 75kg and then begin working on the stronglift 5x5 program although I have considered starting it before I reach my goal weight.

I currently eat 3 times per day Muesli in the morning with a banana + soy milk/normal full fat milk

Lunch - Varies but calorie wise 900 kal or less (including small carton of milk)

Evening meal - When alone I usually eat small, fish/meat with rice (with fruit grapefruit or pineapple) With the misses - anything goes banquets of meats/fishes veggies the works.

One of my future concerns is weight gain for muscle mass and how I am going to eat a high amount of protein rich food without putting on excess fat again.... I guess that is something I will find out in the coming weeks.

Peace.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Thrushy's mini journo

Nice one for making a startGet some pics up so you can track before and after

Thanks to Zippeyrude

Thrush (19th July 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yea something I'll consider in the future. Don't want det and leo wanking over my naked upper body.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    One of my future concerns is weight gain for muscle mass and how I am going to eat a high amount of protein rich food without putting on excess fat again.... I guess that is something I will find out in the coming weeks.
    Don't worry too much about fat gain with Stronglifts. It does what it says on the tin and you will be working hard and progressing quickly to begin with, so much so that unless you are eating an inhuman amount you will probably still lose fat. Although chances are your weight will stagnate as obviously, muscle is heavier.

Good luck chap.

Thanks to super mike

Thrush (19th July 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fat fucker.

Thanks to CzarJunkie

Thrush (19th July 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sure, I'd be happy to give you one. xxx

Thanks
    Karma Level

So, started the stronglift program yesterday.

Non-Olympic bar (I'll start using it tomorrow)

Squat
    Bench
    Barbell

All 3 with a small bar and 7.5kg on both sides. I didn't do the barbell row correctly and I feel a slight twinge in my lower back. Lifting posture for me is very difficult for some reason. I've watched a zillion video's on youtube and still I don't seem to get it.... That being said I think my squats are ok. Pushing with the heels not leaning forward etc.

So I will not be deadlifting tomorrow, instead I will start the program again but this time with the Olympic bar and no weight and take it from there. I know I have to add some weight for the barbell row and the deadlift.

One of the issues that I have with stronglifts is that all his weights are imperial and not metric (the guy is a european for god sake.... pleasing the american market) So 10lbs - 4.5kg 5lbs - 2.27kg So I think I will have to round down to the nearest kg rather than round up.

Whether I can find 2kg and 1kg plates to fit on the Olympic barbell is another matter, I didn't get a good look around the gym.

The gym I use is a local community gym (sorry I can't take pictures) but there are loads of body builders of an evening as it is (I think) really well stocked oh and it only costs 80 pence a session. (no membership fees)

So even I can afford to use it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's not too hard to work out once you get into the swing of it. The 1.25kg plates will probably be the smallest your gym has and you will just be adding one of those each side.

If you are using the spreadsheet then just divide everything by 2.2 and remember that 10kg ~22lbs.

The twinge in your back is probably due to lack of flexibility in your hamstrings, hips and lower back as BB Rows aren't the most natural movement. Just remember to try and keep your head up as it will stop your back rounding to much.

Squats are a hard thing to get right so consciously try to do them as they are described on SL, it is the best description I have found, until they are as natural as walking. Bad habits when squatting mean you bugger yourself up royally.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush
    there are loads of body builders of an evening as it is
    Then if you are unsure of anything don't be afraid to ask them their opinion and for a bit of help.

Thanks
    Karma Level

80p a session? fuck me..id love to go. Nearest one to me is in a hotel and they start at £60 p/m :<. Make sure you have a recovery drink afterwards so you dont feel too much pain the following day!