Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help ZTE Balade please help

Hi guys i upgraded my orange stock firmware to Sweedish Spring RLS5 a while back and since doing so its made my phone at times slightly sluggish on the menus and some games my question to you guys is there a better rom to go to instead and is it easy to switch between roms?

also i have an o2 pay and go sim and since i have had this rom i cant send or recieve picture messages any idea

what would you reccomend please help

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: ZTE Balade please help

sweedish spring is a bit dated now most people use ginger stir fry based on the leaked gingerbread kernel install with clockworkmod and remember to wipe data/cache first

Thanks
    Karma Level

i use swedish spring rls5 without any problems...2.2
    im happy for now.

Sent By Brick Wrapped In Paper Thrown Through The Window..........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Best place to research Blade roms is here http://android.modaco.com/forum/488-...customisation/ straight from the Horses mouth so to speak
    all my advice is respectfully given and no offence is ever intended

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The Swedish Spring rom is a bit long in the tooth now, so you would probably notice improvement when upgrading to the latest Ginger Stir Fry (rel.21 at the moment).
    Pay particular attention to the Gen of your phone...its probaly a Gen1 so you should use the complete update to gen 2 and gingerbread stirfry v21 package. Its a doddle to do, just copy over the image folder to the root of your phone and power up with volume up and menu held in (I think thats the 2 buttons), and it does everything for you then reboots.
    If your phone is already Gen 2 then you only need update the rom in Clockwork. Theres a util in the marketplace called Ask Mr Pigfish that will tell you the gen of your phone.
    The good thing about the newest Gingerbread roms is that not only are your contents backed up by Google (as they used to be), now all your apps are, so once you subsequently update to a future rom and factory reset, once you are back up, it goes and downloads all the apps you had on before.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got cyanogenmod7 rom, and i think its brilliant. has got lockscreen gestures.... and customizable with lots of other features..... think its a pretty new rom aswell... 2.3.5
    Ti22

Thanks
    Karma Level

sorry to jump on your thread but i flashed a couple recently for some family members and they are unable to receive MMS messages, they are on Orange, can anyone help with some settings perhaps?

Social Networking Bookmarks