Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help How to deal with Indian call centres?

These kids from this Indian call centre keep calling my house. It's been going on for a few years now, Sometimes once a week or sometimes like 3 times in one day. It's random they, they keep asking to speak to someone who doesn't even live at this address and they'll call at 9pm, it doesn't even bother them. I've had it with these indian call centre morons and would like to know if there is anything I can do? I want to find out which travel centre they are calling from, take a trip to India, bribe the manager to find out who called my number and make them eat their own underwear.. but that ain't gonna happen, so is there something ELSE I can do?

"I'm calling in regards to your PPI Insurance claim" - Retarded Indian accent voice

WHAT FUCKING PPI INSURANCE CLAIM AND WHO THE FUCK DO YOU WANT TO SPEAK TO?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: How to deal with Indian call centres?

Telephone Preference Service...google it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ring your telecom supplier.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chesser View Post
    Telephone Preference Service...google it?
    Doesn't apply to overseas numbers.

My parents get similar cocksuckers trying to 'sort their internet'. 'There's light on the i.p.' Feckers.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

that's interesting Waka because I don't?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have fun with them and string them along.

A few months ago one rang me back to tell me " You smell like frog" .

He thought he had hit me with the master insult.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chesser View Post
    that's interesting Waka because I don't?
    I agree with Waka....Im registered still get them from overseas call centres.

As soon as I hear the tell tale click of an auto dialler and an Indian accent I just state "not interested" and put it down.
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    I agree with Waka....Im registered still get them from overseas call centres.

As soon as I hear the tell tale click of an auto dialler and an Indian accent I just state "not interested" and put it down.
    Me too. . . .and then the text spam. . . . grrr
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I just say complete random shit when they call, like "I like cheese. Wibble wibble."

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have tried many things to make them as angry or more angry than I am for ringing me and I have found one thing I say seems to make them really angry getting a call back and string of insults.

I interrupt as soon as possible and say 'Can you listen to me carefully as this is important I hope you and all you're Family die screaming in a ball of flames' then I hang up and I would say at least 40% of the time they ring back extremely angry and insulting, doubt it will stop the calls but it amuses me and takes the edge off the anger of them calling.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

Geko (7th October 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Me too. . . .and then the text spam. . . . grrr
    Text spam can be reported for free to 7726.
    I'm with O" but i think all operators use same number

Thanks
    Karma Level

soon as I know its a random sales cunt, I just say "ex directory fuck off!!" end of call never had a call back.
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

The ultimate way to piss them off as I learnt many years ago when I was one of them cunts, I will give a rough idea what to do and adapt as fits.

Normally they will be trying to sell you something - lets just say for example a kitchen. You respond and say what good timing as you have a commericial property that needs it's kitchen done. Then start asking them what packages they do. Get really interested in the most expensive one, and make out that your massive property would probably actually need double the normal number of units so might be a double package.

Start asking them random questions - e.g. can I get them with shaker handles but can you get them so the plate part is black and the handle silver, basically anything that sounds like a serious question but you know they won't have - the aim is to keep making this guy digging for info through his materials or from his supervisor, and even getting him trying to bend his company policy just to secure this massive deal with you.

The whole point is he will be getting paid commission, and will not mind kissing your arse and working for extra stupid requests and he will be smiling and rubbing his hands at the time.

Carry on until it looks like he's trying to close it- he will try and get money or book an appointment or something. Then just say sorry I've changed my mind and hang up.

Trust me, that is the worst you could probably do to them - I only bother if I've had a bad day and feel like having a laugh as doing it well takes 10-15 mins.

Silly name calling isn't always the best thing to do. I may or may not have heard of a story involving someone who gave a tirade of abuse to a teleworker who then decided to distribute his phone number to his colleagues. His colleagues apparently decided to call him every shift. The guy apparantely didn't learn so the abuse built up to a stage where he ended up installing an answerphone, then changing number and getting police involved. Apparently even though the police had recordings they were still unable to match voices up with samples provided by the company involved.
    Last edited by Over Carl; 6th October 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks to Over Carl

ZX7R (6th October 2011)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I just say, "your call is important, please hold", I then leave the cordless phone on top of my loudspeaker, turn the music up "full blast" and come back after 20 minutes or so.
    They are never there on my return.

3 Thanks given to spraky

4me2 (6th October 2011),  Geko (7th October 2011),  Over Carl (6th October 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just start speaking French, c'est tout!
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have said those brilliant lines from the film Taken...

I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want, If you are looking for a sale, I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you hang up now and never call back, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

They soon hang up lol.
    360 ID: Symate

Thanks to Simate

liveseytowers (7th October 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Simate View Post
    I have said those brilliant lines from the film Taken...

I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want, If you are looking for a sale, I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you hang up now and never call back, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

They soon hang up lol.
    Classic I'm gonna remember that one

Sent from my x10i using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    The ultimate way to piss them off as I learnt many years ago when I was one of them cunts, I will give a rough idea what to do and adapt as fits.

Normally they will be trying to sell you something - lets just say for example a kitchen. You respond and say what good timing as you have a commericial property that needs it's kitchen done. Then start asking them what packages they do. Get really interested in the most expensive one, and make out that your massive property would probably actually need double the normal number of units so might be a double package.

Start asking them random questions - e.g. can I get them with shaker handles but can you get them so the plate part is black and the handle silver, basically anything that sounds like a serious question but you know they won't have - the aim is to keep making this guy digging for info through his materials or from his supervisor, and even getting him trying to bend his company policy just to secure this massive deal with you.

The whole point is he will be getting paid commission, and will not mind kissing your arse and working for extra stupid requests and he will be smiling and rubbing his hands at the time.

Carry on until it looks like he's trying to close it- he will try and get money or book an appointment or something. Then just say sorry I've changed my mind and hang up.

Trust me, that is the worst you could probably do to them - I only bother if I've had a bad day and feel like having a laugh as doing it well takes 10-15 mins.

Silly name calling isn't always the best thing to do. I may or may not have heard of a story involving someone who gave a tirade of abuse to a teleworker who then decided to distribute his phone number to his colleagues. His colleagues apparently decided to call him every shift. The guy apparantely didn't learn so the abuse built up to a stage where he ended up installing an answerphone, then changing number and getting police involved. Apparently even though the police had recordings they were still unable to match voices up with samples provided by the company involved.
    So you don't recommend explicitly abusing them for a short while because their mates will harass you for months to come... but you do recommend abusing them implicitly for 15 minutes?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What's wrong with "You've got the wrong number, please remove this number from your records."? Works fine for me.

Thanks to Mule

Geko (7th October 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

When I was in the first situation myself I was quite annoyed, but I was told the people in the second example found it funny. Just giving my opinion on the best way to wind em up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast