Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Want a new hard Drive - get one quick !

Apparently optical drives are also having problems:

As well as massively affecting the hard drive sector, manufacturers are now warning of shortages on external and slim internal optical storage due to the floods. Production has been cut, affecting availability and pricing - stock up now while you can.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Glad I found this thread, thought I was loosing my marbles. Went to buy 2 1TB Hard drives and saw the prices and thought WTF!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got a 2tb external this sat from Bowlers for £65

-=AD=-

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just looked on ebuyer, a 2tb western digital green is now £198.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The WD10EARS drives are £100 for 1TB on eBuyer, cheapest I have seen in stock is £90 at Dabs so the HMV deal is the best bet for us now. Only places offering half decent prices (£60 for 1TB) are ordered on demand so probably will get cancelled or not arrive until next year.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

why bother feeding into this corporate bullshit by flying out and buying up all the old shite stock which a couple of weeks ago was retailing next to fuck all?

it pisses me off to see this because the pc companies all put up prices instantly yet they probably have shitload of old stock which they bought at the old prices so they must be rubbing their hands together right now for this seemingly mind blowing frenzy of "shit lets buya hard drive now"

in fact i can see the hoards of jobless cunts with 30 burners and 3000 packs of rollups buying all the stock just to sell on at silly prices and rip off the average joe. there are factories all over not just thailand. theres china, japan etc malaysia.

plus anyone who buys at these prices need their fucking head looking at.

if no one bought any hard drives at these stupid fucking prices then the greedy companies and manufacturers would not get away with this.

also if people are happily paying £200 NOW for a £50 hard drive, what do you think is going to happen in future? it will be like oil.
    A wise man once said " "

5 Thanks given to Detector

4me2 (6th November 2011),  Ashley (31st October 2011),  matthewy2 (31st October 2011),  MsDG (31st October 2011),  Red Phoenix (1st November 2011)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    why bother feeding into this corporate bullshit by flying out and buying up all the old shite stock which a couple of weeks ago was retailing next to fuck all?

it pisses me off to see this because the pc companies all put up prices instantly yet they probably have shitload of old stock which they bought at the old prices so they must be rubbing their hands together right now for this seemingly mind blowing frenzy of "shit lets buya hard drive now"

Great post so true too.

in fact i can see the hoards of jobless cunts with 30 burners and 3000 packs of rollups buying all the stock just to sell on at silly prices and rip off the average joe. there are factories all over not just thailand. theres china, japan etc malaysia.

plus anyone who buys at these prices need their fucking head looking at.

if no one bought any hard drives at these stupid fucking prices then the greedy companies and manufacturers would not get away with this.

also if people are happily paying £200 NOW for a £50 hard drive, what do you think is going to happen in future? it will be like oil.
    Great Post so true too

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe true mate, the problem is if you need an hard drive you have to get one.

There is fuck all you can do about it other then pay the prices.

You are completly right though, just wish more people would look at it like that
    PS3 - FIFA 09 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    PS3 - FIFA 10 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    and now
    PS3 - FIFA 11 - DF CHAMPION!!!!

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

There are ways around the silly prices m8, you just have to think outside of the box
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

i thought i was going nuts last night looking at hard drives on ebuyer, the ones I thought were 30quid were showing as 100, changed the drives to show cheapest first and it was still the first in the list!
    time to start deleting old crap I think.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The prices will probably stay the same for the next few months, or at least till the factories are back up and running. A local shop tried to rip me off last night and they where swiftly told where to go. £95 for a 500gb or £160 for 1TB drive. Guy had a huge stock pile, roughly about 100 of each, which he openly told me.

matthewy2 is right though, if you need a hard drive then they have got you by the short and curly's. I do see that Tesco Direct, Argos etc are still selling external 1tb drive's for £60 so their are ways to get some storage if you need it. Clearly they haven't fathomed that you can take the hard drive out the casing yet

Thanks
    Karma Level

PS3 - FIFA 09 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    PS3 - FIFA 10 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    and now
    PS3 - FIFA 11 - DF CHAMPION!!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

one of the 4x 2TB drives in my readynas started reporting SMART errors a few days ago so have ordered a replacement (£105 for a seagate 2TB drive is a fucking disgrace but what can you do), had to go with one of the drives off the compatibility list but i should get the £75 back i paid for the original drive so basically i have paid £30 to swap out a drive because where i got it from didnt have the same drive in stock anymore as they dont make it

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewy2 View Post
    thats the same bloody drive i ordered, just emailed the seller to say its going to be returned to them as i can get it from the same site for £30 cheaper today!!!
    mental
    Last edited by Mystical_2K; 2nd November 2011 at 04:55 PM.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Received my RMA replacement today, and the new one is currently formatting...so its at least detected this time !
    Following the price on Scan, it was £53 when I got it, and 3 days ago it hit £188 but was awaiting stock. Stock arrived yesterday and the price fell to £132.
    Definitely an element of knee jerk panic buying has gone on, and i would reckon prices are now what they will be for a few months.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Play cancelled my order for 2 2TB WD20EARX today. Fucking cunts. Waited nearly two weeks for the cancellation as well. Shite customer service. Got a 3TB for a little bit more than the 2 were gonna cost me so happy enough for now. Cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Give it a couple of months and there'll be plenty of sales, that said about 2/3 month ago I bought a 1tb portable drive for £84 from pcworld and the same one is now on sale in the same branch for £129.99

Thanks
    Karma Level

managed to get a 3tb hitachi external off ebay for £118 - stripped out the drive for my new HP NAS

worth keeping an eye out on there

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I had 2 500GB on order from play, cancelled it myself after waiting over a week as they hadn't updated me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Also worth looking on ebay for NAS drives, 4tb d-link nas going for £65 atm.

mml
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks to muttleymacclad

Detector (6th November 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    Also worth looking on ebay for NAS drives, 4tb d-link nas going for £65 atm.

mml
    you mean bid so far?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast