Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question 3gs Advise Please

Ok I upgraded to ios 5.0 a while a go and did the untethered jailbreak, not really that impressed with ios 5.0 and I have had a couple of times where the battery has run out. I would like to go back to previous version of ios that was untethered but cant remember what it was, so can someone advise what version to go back to please? I'm not bothered about baseband as the phone was unlocked officially by 02.

Many Thanks
    Les
    1 Metre Channel Master - Motorised With Manhattan H/H - Gennesis3 0.4 Lnb - Humax 5400 Patched With ToH3.0 - Funcard2/DS9 Edit Own Files.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 3gs Advise Please

iOS 4.3.3 then jailbreak using safari by going to www.jailbreakme.com

Thanks to evilsatan

Lestronics (13th November 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just downloaded 4.33 but when attempting a restore apple comes back with Error 3194 which seems to mean "This device is not eligible for the requested build" am I buggered?

Many Thanks
    Les
    1 Metre Channel Master - Motorised With Manhattan H/H - Gennesis3 0.4 Lnb - Humax 5400 Patched With ToH3.0 - Funcard2/DS9 Edit Own Files.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: 3gs Advise Please

Quote Originally Posted by Lestronics View Post
    Just downloaded 4.33 but when attempting a restore apple comes back with Error 3194 which seems to mean "This device is not eligible for the requested build" am I buggered?

Many Thanks
    Les
    It's probably a no-go because Apple only sign a version while it is current so they may have stopped signing any version 4 iPhone builds now.
    I may be wrong with that as it's not always this soon after a new version they stop supporting restoring to the previous..The signing process is the verification on restoring a device.

Supe

Thanks
    Karma Level

40 posts in 11 years - more of a listener than a talker, eh Les
    360 Gamertag: crazyai
    PSN Gamertag: psxgalaxy
    IM me at pushme.to

Thanks to crazyal

blaggard (13th November 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

@ crazyal

It does seem that way, I posted a lot on this forum years back and it seems that it don't show in my post count, I think a lot of the post were lost through various upgrades over the years, but yes in answer to you, I am a good listener and not much of a talker, life has dealt me a quite a few blows over the years but that's another story that I certainly don't wish to discuss.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    40 posts in 11 years - more of a listener than a talker, eh Les
    Maybe he just come out of the closet !
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's probably a no-go because Apple only sign a version while it is current so they may have stopped signing any version 4 iPhone builds now.
    I may be wrong with that as it's not always this soon after a new version they stop supporting restoring to the previous..The signing process is the verification on restoring a device.
    I have just been following a guide by evilsatan to restore to previous versions by editing the host file and tricking apple and signing to sauriks servers instead, I checked cydia and it seems my shhs things were all saved with cydia, well they all show right up to 4.3.5 so I'm not sure why it don't work?

Regards
    Les

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Rebooted PC after editing host file? Or killed all Apple/ITunes processes before restarting them?

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not sure if there are any difference between this and the sticky I posted but here is a guide for downgrading ios5 to 4.3.3:
    http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-...w-to-tutorial/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes that is pretty much the same as your sticky that I followed but for anyone that's interested, I believe that this is now the real reason why it's not possible to go back : http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-5-will...ad-ipod-touch/

Regards
    Les

Thanks
    Karma Level

It does say at the bottom of that page that where you already have the blobs saved it will be possible to go back, just you won't be able to save the blobs for newer versions of ios.

Wasn't there a problem with Cydias servers being overloaded and the downgrades not working. Have you tried using tinyumbrella?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes Tried tinyumbrella, I think that apple have definitely done the above because I have saved shsh blobs and done all that was suggested but half way going through the restore I would get this error code :- "Error 1015: This error is typically caused by attempts to downgrade the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch's software. This can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software available from Apple. This error can also occur when an unauthorized modification of the iOS has occurred and you are now trying to restore to an authorized, default state. Very rarely this error is caused by a hardware issue and requires service." so be warned people !

Regards
    Les