Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention What children’s drawings would look like if it were painted realistically

Not sure if this has been posted before but I thought these were pretty cool:

The Monster Engine is one of those projects that make me love the Internet for its ability to expose amazing creative talent to a worldwide audience. Illustrator Dave DeVries started with a simple question: What would a child’s drawing look like if it were painted realistically? In his own words:
    It began at the Jersey Shore in 1998, where my niece Jessica often filled my sketchbook with doodles. While I stared at them, I wondered if color, texture and shading could be applied for a 3D effect. As a painter, I made cartoons look three dimensional every day for the likes of Marvel and DC comics, so why couldn’t I apply those same techniques to a kid’s drawing? That was it… no research, no years of toil, just the curiosity of seeing Jessica’s drawings come to life.
    The Monster Engine is the 48-page outcome from that curiosity, and it looks wonderful. He describes the process as follows:
    I project a child’s drawing with an opaque projector, faithfully tracing each line. Applying a combination of logic and instinct, I then paint the image as realistically as I can.
    Below are some of my favorite illustrations from the project. Be sure to check out the whole gallery.
    Update: it looks the artist’s site is down at the moment, presumably because of all the traffic this post sent his way. I’m also receiving way too many emails from people asking me if they can send me drawings so I can turn them into paintings, so it bears repeating: I am not the artist. Dave DeVries is the artist. Hopefully his site will be fixed soon so he can get the business he deserves.

7 Thanks given to H4ss4n

CallmeGoose (7th December 2011),  cassy34 (7th December 2011),  cronus71 (7th December 2011),  Fear345 (7th December 2011),  Mr Olympia (7th December 2011),  Over Carl (7th December 2011),  tips (7th December 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Very good I love stuff like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What children’s drawings would look like if it were painted realistically

That's some disturbing stuff.
    Fuck doing a book on it, I'd be booking my kids into a fucking looney bin.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What children’s drawings would look like if it were painted realistically

they are great, a bit disturbing but good none the less
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.