I've downloaded and installed the Plasma screensaver from http://www.reallyslick.com/downloads.html and it works in so far as the screensaver appears after 'x' minutes of inactivity but, even though I have set my monitor to "never" turn off in Display Properties > Screen Saver > Power Options, my monitor does eventually go into standby (I'm not sure exactly how long it takes because it keeps happening when I'm not in the room!) and cannot be resumed by moving the mouse or using the keyboard. The only solution is a hard reboot. The screensaver I was using prior to the Plasma one works with no problems.

Has anyone got any ideas about how I can fix this? The main reason why I want to use this screensaver is because I have read that it might be a good way of fixing image retention problems on LCD monitors. If anyone knows of a similar screensaver that I could use (lots of movement and colour changes etc) then please let me know.

BTW, I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 with all Windows updates installed and my graphics card is a PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 GTO (I am now using the latest Catalyst 10.2, 2D Driver Version 6.14.10.6925 and OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8545).

Cheers and happy new year to everyone!