Close

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: anybody here give interview

Its only got a half hour slot??? They cant get that much mud flingin done in that time!
    8:30 - 9:00 pm BBC1

Thanks
    Karma Level

Plenty time
    Raptor is a :censored and a bit of a :banned :censored :censored :censored

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh well here goes the worst kept secret of all time.

I am on Panorama this evening, I am the handsome chap that is blobbed out I have asked not to be identified as tbh I have small children and for me the whole thing was a long time ago. I am not the same person I was back then during the thoic/modshack years and I have moved on with my life and would not want my children to feel scared by people pointing at me in the street and whispering. People do that enough as it is due to being unfairly classed as Ginger.

I was offered a FEE for appearing on the program but declined it due to my involvement not being about money. I asked the BBC to make a note that I was not paid in any way for my appearance. I even declined a glass of tax payers water.

My part is pretty simple, I was asked to give an opinion on what I considered THOiC to be, I rightly described it in the best words I could.

During my interviews with the police and in subsequent news paper articles Modshack was described as a one stop shop for pay TV hacking, I used that term but added that if Modshack was a shop then THOiC was a supermarket as it was at the time and probably still would be if it was running the biggest site of its kind.

I was then asked to look at several files from the thoic disks which I had seen for the first time and to verify if particular files were present on THOiC, mainly the original ondigital.zip file for the 16f84 cards which was put up on the site. This was the file which was placed into the advanced ondigital forum for members who were chosen to view it by Lee. I rightly verified that it was present on the site and how it could be used.

For my part that is pretty much it. I gave no names, took no fees, and told the truth.

I understand that several others are involved in the program and I can not vouch they have done the same other than to confirm that ex THOiC Admin BigBird has spoken to them and pretty much confirmed what I have said, he was not involved with NDS in any way shape or form and also never took a fee for his comments. He himself has been trying to bring this to the surface for a long time and has been very outspoken against both Gibling and NDS.

I also understand that Lee Gibling has gone on Camera and made a statement, I as well as a few others know pretty much what his statement says and I can assure you it will be one to watch.

In 2008 I was prosecuted and held my hands up to running a hacking advisory service (MoDSHACK) I was jailed. Panorama will this evening prove without a doubt that NDS were both involved in the funding and the operation of the site which as far as I am personally concerned is as much a hacking advisory service as MoDSHACK ever was, if not more so and on a much larger scale.

Some may judge me for doing this interview but then I have been being judged by many since 2008 and I thought I would grow some balls and stand up for the community and speak out on behalf of those who in my opinion unfairly suffered police raids as a result of MoDSHACK.

Novice Angel was jailed for compiling information into a guide, something of which Lee Gibling had himself done whilst in the employ of NDS. Anyone remember THOiC's Ezine?

The question I ask is simple.

Why have neither those involved at NDS including Lee Gibling EVER been brought to task over this?

Why have they never had to answer to a court of law when the evidence was so overwhelmingly stacked against them?

In my opinion NDS have done more to damage rival companies in the UK Europe and the USA than anything hackers have ever done.

So please go and look at the program this evening as it may shock you.

12 Thanks given to FR15K

Show/Hide list of the thanked

bbshark (26th March 2012),  blaggard (26th March 2012),  DelTrotter (26th March 2012),  Detector (26th March 2012),  Geko (26th March 2012),  ka$h (26th March 2012),  macmilm (26th March 2012),  neilcritc (29th March 2012),  philo (27th March 2012),  stevo25 (26th March 2012),  t00lbox (26th March 2012),  Undertaker (27th March 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Twitter #bbcpanorama

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've always thought of you as "blobbed out" HM!!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by FR15K View Post
    Oh well here goes the worst kept secret of all time.

I am on Panorama this evening, I am the handsome chap that is blobbed out I have asked not to be identified as tbh I have small children and for me the whole thing was a long time ago. I am not the same person I was back then during the thoic/modshack years and I have moved on with my life and would not want my children to feel scared by people pointing at me in the street and whispering. People do that enough as it is due to being unfairly classed as Ginger.

I was offered a FEE for appearing on the program but declined it due to my involvement not being about money. I asked the BBC to make a note that I was not paid in any way for my appearance. I even declined a glass of tax payers water.

My part is pretty simple, I was asked to give an opinion on what I considered THOiC to be, I rightly described it in the best words I could.

During my interviews with the police and in subsequent news paper articles Modshack was described as a one stop shop for pay TV hacking, I used that term but added that if Modshack was a shop then THOiC was a supermarket as it was at the time and probably still would be if it was running the biggest site of its kind.

I was then asked to look at several files from the thoic disks which I had seen for the first time and to verify if particular files were present on THOiC, mainly the original ondigital.zip file for the 16f84 cards which was put up on the site. This was the file which was placed into the advanced ondigital forum for members who were chosen to view it by Lee. I rightly verified that it was present on the site and how it could be used.

For my part that is pretty much it. I gave no names, took no fees, and told the truth.

I understand that several others are involved in the program and I can not vouch they have done the same other than to confirm that ex THOiC Admin BigBird has spoken to them and pretty much confirmed what I have said, he was not involved with NDS in any way shape or form and also never took a fee for his comments. He himself has been trying to bring this to the surface for a long time and has been very outspoken against both Gibling and NDS.

I also understand that Lee Gibling has gone on Camera and made a statement, I as well as a few others know pretty much what his statement says and I can assure you it will be one to watch.

In 2008 I was prosecuted and held my hands up to running a hacking advisory service (MoDSHACK) I was jailed. Panorama will this evening prove without a doubt that NDS were both involved in the funding and the operation of the site which as far as I am personally concerned is as much a hacking advisory service as MoDSHACK ever was, if not more so and on a much larger scale.

Some may judge me for doing this interview but then I have been being judged by many since 2008 and I thought I would grow some balls and stand up for the community and speak out on behalf of those who in my opinion unfairly suffered police raids as a result of MoDSHACK.

Novice Angel was jailed for compiling information into a guide, something of which Lee Gibling had himself done whilst in the employ of NDS. Anyone remember THOiC's Ezine?

The question I ask is simple.

Why have neither those involved at NDS including Lee Gibling EVER been brought to task over this?

Why have they never had to answer to a court of law when the evidence was so overwhelmingly stacked against them?

In my opinion NDS have done more to damage rival companies in the UK Europe and the USA than anything hackers have ever done.

So please go and look at the program this evening as it may shock you.
    Maybe this will draw a line under it, I don't blame you for taking the chance to put your side forward and wonder things might have been different if in the very beginning people actually listened to PsxGunman and myself warning people that something was not right about Thoic and Gibling rather than slagging us off for saying it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Observer, Sunday 17 March 2002

"At the time it was seen as trivial, of interest only to cyberspace geeks who spent too much time discussing the latest episode of Buffy or esoteric aspects of hacking.

Twelve months on, the implosion of a small cell of sophisticated computer hackers is hugely significant. The cell's demise is one twist in a complex tale linking one of Rupert Murdoch's companies to deeply damaging allegations that it counterfeited a rival's technology, a move which may also have helped put ITVDigital on the critical list.

To add insult to potentially serious financial injury, it is Murdoch's arch rival, Jean Marie Messier, chief executive of French media giant Vivendi, who is behind the incendiary allegations.

Canal Plus Technologies, a division of Vivendi's struggling French television company, accuses Middlesex-based NDS of using a team of scientists to break its smart card code with a view to disseminating it over the internet. If the allegation is true, the move effectively allowed hundreds of thousands of people to watch subscription TV free.

According to Canal Plus's lawsuit filed before the Northern District Court of California, the code first appeared in March 1999 on a website called DR7.com. It was used to great effect by counterfeiters in the Italian market and in several other countries in Eastern Europe. Canal Plus started its investigations shortly afterwards.

The claims are extremely serious and come at a difficult time for NDS. The firm, 80 per cent owned by News Corp, supplies smart card technology to US media giant DirecTV which is attempting a merger with a competitor called Echostar.

The contract is responsible for about 40 per cent of NDS's revenues. If the merger goes ahead the newly combined company will use an alternative system. NDS cannot afford to have its name tarnished as it looks for new clients to compensate for the potential loss of DirecTV.

Canal Plus, which claims that NDS's actions have cost it more than $1billion, is suing NDS under everything from the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organisations Act to the Copyright Act.

Some question why Francois Carayol, chief executive of Canal Plus Technologies, chose not to alert the authorities about his allegations. 'We have elected to go through a civil case because it was the quickest way to reach our goals,' Carayol said. He went on to add that Canal Plus Technologies was bringing out a new smart card and was keen to resolve the situation before the technology hit the market.

So far it is unclear what evidence there is that NDS was responsible for the codes making their way on to the DR7 site. However, Carayol said he was confident that the forthcoming lawsuit would establish this link.

'We allege that NDS did illegally attack our technologies. They have spent large amounts of money to extract the code in their R&D laboratory and they copied that code in California and gave it with instructions to be published on the DR7 site,' he claimed.

The lawsuit is likely to have wide-ranging repercussions. ITVDigital, a Canal Plus Technologies customer, which claims to have lost at least £100 million to hackers, could also launch its own legal challenge if there were any evidence that NDS has been responsible for its own problems.

The troubled loss-making company, a joint venture between Carlton and Granada, has suffered from piracy so much that it was forced to offer a no-questions-asked amnesty to any of its subscribers who held forged smart cards. The company was commonly thought to have around 100,000 'illegal' viewers, but experts say the real number could be as high as 500,000.

NDS certainly knows how to crack codes. Its main research and development operations are based in Haifa, Israel, and it started life working for the Israeli security services on various encryption projects.

However NDS describes Canal Plus's allegations as 'outrageous and baseless' and plans to counter-sue.

Dr Abe Peled, NDS's chief executive, said: 'This lawsuit is a blatant attempt by Canal Plus both to deflect critcism of its new generation card, which is not believed to be state of the art, and to shift blame for its inadequate technology and its past losses.'

What NDS does not dispute however is that it supported a UK hackers' website called The House of Ill Compute (THoIC), which published information on how to forge ITV Digital smart cards.

Links between THoIC and NDS emerged in April last year. It was then that several House members quit the hacking site, claiming they did not want to be 'stooges' for NDS. The members alleged that several of their fellow hackers were paid by NDS.

According to one member: 'THoIC was one big cover for an organisation whose job it was to bust people and take sites down'. Eventually one disgruntled THoIC member, calling himself Frisk, posted a raft of emails on the internet purported to be between NDS and the site. One of the emails discussing an expenses claim links the NDS head of security, Ray Adams, and one of the hackers.

NDS admits links with THoIC but says it did not know the site published ITVDigital codes. So far no one has explained how codes to ITVDigital smartcards ended up on THoIC's site.

NDS says it supported THoIC to gather intelligence on how hackers operate. Such a practice is not uncommon. ITV Digital itself has in the past been linked to members of another hacking group, Modshack.

THoIC was thought to have closed down after its links with NDS emerged and its whereabouts are unknown. However, it is still operating, albeit under a different name and a different web address, which is kept secret.

The only way of contacting the group today is by bidding through Yahoo!'s auction site for a particular sort of smart card. In return THoIC will send the bidder its new web address.

How successful the likes of THoIC will be in the future depends on whether the industry can unite against the threat of hacking. But uniformity never looked further off as the bitter battle between Messier and Murdoch's subsidiaries descends into a gutter brawl.

NDS has hit back by alleging that Canal Plus tried to poach one of its key employees who, the French company claims, gave the code to the DR7 website. When asked about this, Carayol did not deny an approach, saying only: 'We did not make any job offers at any stage.'

NDS also alleges that, having realised the 'inferiority' of its own technology, Canal Plus Technologies approached NDS to discuss a merger. NDS says that, during negotiations, the French firm used the allegations as a bargaining tool.

Carayol said: 'NDS approached Canal Plus first back in September 2001. In December we met again and presented them with the results of our investigation. We said discussions could not move forward until that issue was resolved. They said they'd conduct an investigation and get back to us. We have never been provided with an explanation.'

While News Corp has distanced itself from the furore to protect Murdoch, pointing out that NDS is 'independent', his sons are directly in the line of fire. James Murdoch has been an NDS director for two years. Brother Lachlan joined recently. As potential heirs to the News Corp throne the allegations are seriously damaging."

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...erverbusiness9

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    its amazing how it all went away for so long, by them buying companies and forcing people to change sides and work got them ......unbelievable.
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks
    Karma Level

I brought that up in the interview without giving names and mentioned the convo about server prices and funding and how that was a deciding factor on who i could trust to tell. etc. I basicly trusted you guys cos you were outspoken about it. Sadly bbc ain't using it .

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Maybe this will draw a line under it, I don't blame you for taking the chance to put your side forward and wonder things might have been different if in the very beginning people actually listened to PsxGunman and myself warning people that something was not right about Thoic and Gibling rather than slagging us off for saying it.
    To be honest only a few people had seen hard evidence that Lee '$hithead' Gibling was working for sky. Others, including myself didn't know what to believe. I can understand why the evidence wasn't made available to more people because you didn't know who you could trust. Without the hard evidence people wanted to believe that the stories wern't true because they didn't want to see the demise of a community where they had made many friends. That's the trouble with the internet, you don't know who's who and what is fact or fiction. People who dismissed the stories wern't standing up or supporting Lee, they were supporting the thoic community and the friends they had made there against what could have been malicious stories made up for various unknown reasons.

If someone started a rumour that this site was run by NDS, without hard evdence most members would dismiss it as untrue because they enjoy being a part of it, dont want to see it end, and also dont want to admit they have been duped and made a fool of by the likes of NDS.

I havent given an interview but have recently spoken to panorama to confirm FR15K's story. He was Locked up because of NDS. They prosecuted him for doing something which they have done themselves on a much larger scale. Lee' $hithead' Gibbling offered me the admin position because he knew what was coming. He also offered an admin position to FR15K. He was hoping to distance himself from thoic and blame us if the shit hit the fan.

I have had long conversations with FR15K on the phone over the last few weeks and although we both agree we need to draw a line under this we both also agree we cant just let NDS get away scot free. I sent the guardian evidence back in 2002 (Shithead's bank account and emails between him and NDS) and they printed a story on it but it didn't go anywhere after that. With all the evidence coming to light about the phone hacking at the moment, now is the right time for this to surface. Especially with the ongoing Ofcom investigation to decide whether murdock is responsible enough to hold a broadcasting licence.

I have also just emailed A guardian reporter who published the story in 2002 to let him know about the panorama program tonight. I have also offered him a pdf of the thoic ezine which contains ondigital and cable hacking info and has 'copyright thoic.com 2001' at the bottom of every page. Hopefully this story will make the Guardian front page. This time I don't think NDS will be able to bury it. Then we can draw that line under it with satisfaction.

BigBird

Thanks to BigBird

mik25 (26th March 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sh1t!! I remember the "Lee's expenses have been signed off" and other NDS email snippets breaking out on THOiC and the fallout that followed... I am so going to be watching this tonight.

Thanks
    Karma Level

just pass h some sheep lololol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Like I said before, At the time I had no idea who to trust, my decisions were based upon those whom I knew had at some point questioned THOiC in some way shape or form, my reasoning was NDS employees would not draw attention to themselves by questioning how things were paid for or run so I figured those were the good guys who I could talk too. The problem being for me was would they believe me? Lee was a pretty influential and popular person and I asked myself a question at the time of 'Do I want to go against him and possibly destroy any credibility I had left' lol.

In the end I decided there were people who I could trust, conversations with Gunny and FatBouncer and Gaf etc had luckily given me a lost of people I could talk too, I did and the rest is history.

Over the years of moaning about THOiC we were not alone, BigBird had been bringing it to the forefront in the best way he could in order for the truth about THOiC to be heard, he was just as much a victim of Lee as anyone else was, the only difference between myself and him was I knew what Lee was doing and said no when asked to be an Admin. He had no idea and tbh in his position I would of probably said yes myself. The irony for me was I had given up Shack and moved onto THOiC and the only reason Shack ever came back was because of the actions of NDS and good people being left out in the dark.

I can categorically say that it I had not known before hand just what was going on I would of been in the SAME position as BigBird, he was not to blame for any of this and had 100% no involvement with NDS, his involvement in the site was on the phone unlocking side of things and was brought on board as he was popular and Lee needed a scape goat for when the shit hit the fan.

Novice Angel was jailed for writing a hacking guide, I was jailed for hosting that guide on my domain, it was termed a hacking advisory service, THOiC did exactly the same with the Ezine, they call it obtaining intel?

Just who the hell were they obtaining intel on? Certainly not ITV when they published the original ITV hack on THOiC, certainly not NTL/TW when they gave info on how to circumvent there systems well before shack ever appeared on the scene.

What you see this evening I promise you is the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WotTheFook View Post
    Sh1t!! I remember the "Lee's expenses have been signed off" and other NDS email snippets breaking out on THOiC and the fallout that followed... I am so going to be watching this tonight.
    Thats NOTHING compared to what your about to see, no wonder NDS are scared and NewsCorp are making threats.

Thanks
    Karma Level

In another Irony I am at a meeting tonight so wont be able to see it air live lol, I guess I will catch up later on V+. You lot will get to see it before I do

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

personally i think its a shit state of affairs that you could get locked up for running modshack when some burglars or even sex pests are walking away scott free. i think its a case of someone had to take a fall but they got the wrong person imho and should have gone after rupert murdoch and his organisation and employees including lee gibling.

looking forward to this tonight, ill keep an eye out for the blurred out ginger lol
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by FR15K View Post
    FatBouncer
    I bet the blob guy had to send out for extra blob to cover you.

2 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

blaggard (26th March 2012),  Mule (26th March 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I brought up THOiC in my police interviews but it was dismissed as fantasy and conspiracy , at the time my life was falling apart. My wife had walked out and left me with 4 children to look after whilst concentrating on the court case, I wanted an end to it all and so plead guilty as I was pretty much assured that the sentencing would be light. Even the officers who brought the case against me looked shocked at the sentence.

TBH It was the correct thing to do and VM got the right result for them in my opinion. I do not contest or dispute the outcome of the case, however I can not help feeling that I suspect the involvement of NDS and in particular certain members of the company who gave evidence was mainly down to wanting revenge for effectively taking their site off them and stopping their little games.

I was guilty of providing a hacking advisory service, NDS also provided one which we all saw. The only difference is I did not have billions to throw at lawyers and what they were doing was on a much bigger and far wider scale.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So where does 'PB' fit into all of this? He was also in the higher ranks of THOiC at the time it all kicked off.....

It's a pity that Boris from DR7 had to suffer for those bastards... some of us remember....

"Where swimming with the sharks takes on a whole new meaning" - I guess we're about to find out...

(I wasn't WotTheFook on the Shack by the way)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WotTheFook View Post
    So where does 'PB' fit into all of this? He was also in the higher ranks of THOiC at the time it all kicked off.....
    Most of the higher ranks of Thoic got shunned as no one could be sure who knew what or who else was involved, the only real hard evidence was against Gibling but people such as BigBird suffered from guilt by association which although unfair it was the case, I was at the time very vocal in trying to push that no one from the staff of Thoic should be staff on the new site but this didn't happen and no one will ever know if I was wrong or right on that now.

Every site of this kind including DF will have a percentage of the members who work for Trading standards etc the main objective is to try and stop these people becoming staff, the reason I at the time did not trust Thoic or Gibling now would seem silly but at the time was a major factor and that was 'How was it all funded' a server then cost around £1000 a month for instance but there seemed to be no funding or any attempt to raise funding for it all other 'forums' including my own took advantage of the free boards such as ezeboard or something like that I think it was. I can see how people close to it got drawn in and just shrugged there shoulders when that question was asked and I don't blame anyone who got taken in.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

WotTheFook (26th March 2012)  

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast