Close

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: anybody here give interview

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    BigBird suffered from guilt by association which although unfair it was the case,
    Do you mean wasn't the case?

The program tonight should hopefully fill in some blanks for me. I was a member of Thoic and remember when this whole thing kicked off so will take me back. I never realised HM/Frisk did time for hosting the forum, seems ludicrous compared to the claims against Thoic with NDS funding it.

I'll be revisiting this thread in an hour as I bet there'll be a lot more to talk about.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Do you mean wasn't the case?
    No I was saying it was the case he suffered guilt by association I didn't mean he was guilty just that he suffered.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I realise that a lot of this is yesterday's chip wrappers now, but like Beerman, I am interested to hear more of the back story that was suppressed at the time.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck me some sleazy cunts there

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks to bobo06

Detector (26th March 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I still say that those in the know will not talk and some people are pure cunts.

Its dead news and the media and a few people are just looking for stories and a few bucks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

"fit and proper persons" pmsl

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    No I was saying it was the case he suffered guilt by association I didn't mean he was guilty just that he suffered.
    For people who don't know:
    The way I suffered was in losing the trust of many people because no one could be sure if I worked for NDS or not. My interest in thoic was to do with the BT C5 phone hack and was made a moderator of the phone forum by Crowman because of my knowledge of that and, I'd like to think, my helpful attitude. A few months after that Lee phoned me out of the blue offering me an admin position. He told me that quite a few members had suggested to him that i would make a good admin because of my diplomatic attitude in dealing with problems. I now believe that I was offered the admin position so Lee could distance himself from thoic and leave me to face the $hit.

Although Lees computer had been hacked by Crow and the evidence against Lee had been collected only a few knew about it. I had never met Lee until the mods meet in Mullion. After only one day I had decided I didn't like the guy. He was probably the most arrogant person I have ever met. After a confrontation with Lee his last words to me were "go on hit me I know you want to". Wish I had now.. I may be the president of a bike club but I'm not a violent man, although the late Taff did believe for a long time that Lee was 'sleeping' under my new greenhouse base that had appeared almost overnight in my garden.

Good report by Panorama. Wonder if it will make headling news at ten?

5 Thanks given to BigBird

Bald Bouncer (26th March 2012),  blaggard (26th March 2012),  Mobileman (26th March 2012),  Realist (26th March 2012),  WotTheFook (27th March 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That Buck must have been fucking dizzy with all the passing around, lots of nasty, shifty shitcunts on display!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    For people who don't know:
    The way I suffered was in losing the trust of many people because no one could be sure if I worked for NDS or not. My interest in thoic was to do with the BT C5 phone hack and was made a moderator of the phone forum by Crowman because of my knowledge of that and, I'd like to think, my helpful attitude. A few months after that Lee phoned me out of the blue offering me an admin position. He told me that quite a few members had suggested to him that i would make a good admin because of my diplomatic attitude in dealing with problems. I now believe that I was offered the admin position so Lee could distance himself from thoic and leave me to face the $hit.

Although Lees computer had been hacked by Crow and the evidence against Lee had been collected only a few knew about it. I had never met Lee until the mods meet in Mullion. After only one day I had decided I didn't like the guy. He was probably the most arrogant person I have ever met. After a confrontation with Lee his last words to me were "go on hit me I know you want to". Wish I had now.. I may be the president of a bike club but I'm not a violent man, although the late Taff did believe for a long time that Lee was 'sleeping' under my new greenhouse base that had appeared almost overnight in my garden.

Good report by Panorama. Wonder if it will make headling news at ten?
    He really reminds of someone I know who raises instant want to slap hackles on me.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yep Lee G came across as a Tool, program seemed to really be around him from the point of telling the story bet he loved that

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Its dead news and the media and a few people are just looking for stories and a few bucks.
    I think they're taking the opportunity of trying to help bring down Murdoch. It's a long time coming.

Thanks to Mule

burner1 (26th March 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    I think they're taking the opportunity of trying to help bring down Murdoch. It's a long time coming.
    I agree, and along with the expose of NDS/SKY etc. by the media and Government, I imagine Murdoch will start to look at churning up more political/Police corruption with what I imagine he has gleaned within his Corporation over the years. It could get a little bit like school kids going tit for tat.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

just a thought but the car he was driving had its number plates in full view, would this be his or part of the reconstruction?
    also who do NDS think they are kidding, this guy seriously has the funds to go live in another country at the drop of a hat?

if i wanted to go abroad i know id have to work hard to save up.
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    the bit at the end about italy is the next big scandal.....so lets hope part 2
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was ONdigital beaten fair and square, or undermined?

BSkyB's short-lived rival struggled for many reasons, including a piracy problem

The ITV Digital monkey, who featured with Johnny Vegas in ads for the company. Photograph: PA

Ulrika Jonsson may have flicked the switch that put ONdigital on air in 1998, but the weather never improved for BSkyB's short-lived pay-TV rival. Four years later, the service, renamed ITV Digital, went under, and if it is remembered at all it is for the adverts featuring Johnny Vegas and a cloth monkey.
    It struggled for many reasons, some of its own making: its channel reception was poor, its initial boxes were late, and the immediate reason for its demise was an overpriced £315m contract for the rights to second-tier Football League matches that few wanted to watch. Nor was it helped by the aggressively competitive approach adopted by Sky, which demanded high fees to carry the Football League channel to the point where ITV Digital decided it wasn't worth being on the satellite service. But behind the scenes lurked another problem: piracy.
    In 1998, digital TV did not even exist. BSkyB's satellite service was poorer-quality analogue, but it launched Sky Digital in October. Its digital competitor arrived in November, using the so-called terrestrial network of TV transmitters. BSkyB had wanted to be a shareholder, but it was blocked by the then broadcasting regulator, and ITV companies Carlton and Granada ended up with half each. Either company, or cable, was the only way to get multichannel TV. Freeview did not exist.
    In an era when most homes could watch just five channels, consumer demand for digital was immediate, with BSkyB signing up 100,000 digital subscribers in a month.
    There was the possibility that ONdigital would win a significant market share as the new technology unfolded – and Rupert Murdoch had memories of the last head-to-head pay television battle in the UK: the epic BSB-Sky struggle of the late 1980s and early 1990s which nearly brought down his News Corp, and led to the two businesses merging.
    Murdoch's rival, though, never made an effective challenge. One reason was ITV Digital's piracy problem. Stuart Prebble, the TV producer turned chief executive of ITV Digital, admitted in September 2001 that customers were using illegally produced smart cards to watch its services for free. ITV Digital's viewing card encryption technology was made by a subsidiary French company, Canal Plus, whose underlying codes had been cracked. They were circulating on the internet in a way that made it possible to produce pirate cards.
    Canal Plus's problem was global: it owned a satellite broadcaster in Italy, Telepiù, where it was in loss-making competition with Murdoch's wholly owned subsidiary Stream. The French company complained that it was a victim of piracy in Italy, and in March 2002 launched a high-profile $1bn lawsuit in California against News Corp's NDS. Canal Plus accused NDS of being behind a "cloak and dagger" operation in which NDS was "engaged in a conspiracy" to hack into its encryption source code and have it distributed online. NDS responded by saying the accusation was "outrageous and baseless" – a denial that it maintains to this day. "NDS has never authorised or condoned the posting of any code belonging to any competitor on any website," the company said in a statement last week. One website that distributed codes was the British THOIC – short for The House of Ill Compute – which it emerged was part funded by NDS. However, NDS said then and now that it did so to "track and catch hackers and pirates".
    The drama of the lawsuit, though, came too late for ITV Digital, whose 1.3 million customers were no match for Sky, then at 5.7 million. At the time, it was noted that ITV Digital may have been more popular than had been first thought with British viewers, but by the end of March 2002 the business collapsed into administration, unable to afford the costs of its Football League deal. It was estimated that 100,000 pirated ITV digital cards may have circulating. Defeated, ITV Digital went into liquidation later that year, and it was replaced by Freeview.
    Canal Plus's legal challenge came to an end at about the same time. Parent company Vivendi had its own financial problems, and decided to get out of Italy. It sold its pay TV operation there to Murdoch, paving the way for the creation of Sky Italia, today the second largest pay TV company in or affiliated to the News Corp empire, after BSkyB in the UK. As part of the €920m deal, the Canal Plus lawsuit was also dropped, and it appeared the subject had gone away for good.
    Only the old computer-hacking story returned, this time with one crucial difference. Panorama has talked to the man behind the THOIC site, Lee Gibling, for the first time. He alleges he was sent by NDS employees "the actual software" to hack into the Canal Plus encryption system used by ITV Digital, which would give "a full channel lineup without payment". NDS denies that it used Gibling or the THOIC site "for any illegal purpose", but the allegations give another part of the Murdoch empire fresh hacking questions to answer on a subject that was long thought closed, and a business – ITV Digital – that had nearly been forgotten.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...ned?CMP=twt_gu

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't see Murdock being brought down anytime soon.

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

People see Murdoch as a threat specially companies and hence why shits going to hit the fan, he'll never drop out of the limelight may hide away or even fall off a boat or two.

Fingers in pies and fingers being burned so to speak and oneday it will all come to the boil and bang, some heads roll.

But those again that see Sky as a threat will not stop them in there tracks to big for that and to much money, anyway.

Gibbbbbblingsss is a twat, their I said it LOL .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry to hear some if you did time over this.. Frisk e.t.c
    That is bang out of order.... whats good for one should be good for another despite of their bank balance.

Twats.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Scandal at News Corp spreads as Justice Department monitors hacking allegations at European TV subsidiaries

The crisis hitting Rupert Murdoch's News Corp is spreading as the U.S. Department of Justice monitors alleged hacking at two of the company's European satellite television firms.

Two alleged incidents of hacking in Britain and Italy came to light today as American authorities get increasingly more involved in investigating the scandal.

A decade ago, a German hacker reportedly obtained codes belonging to British Sky Broadcasting rival ONDigital, which folded in 2002.

Embroiled: The crisis hitting Rupert Murdoch's News Corp is spreading as the U.S. Department of Justice monitors alleged hacking at two of the company's European satellite TV firms

The hacker, Oliver Koermmerling, said on BBC1's Panorama programme last night that he was recruited by News Corp-owned NDS and its head of security, Ray Adams.

It is alleged that Adams supplied the codes obtained by Koermmerling to illegal download site, The House of Ill Compute to distribute ONDigital's services for free.

In an interview with the BBC, Adams denied ever handling the codes.

NDS was sold to Cisco earlier this month for $5billion.

Hacking claims: Two alleged incidents of hacking in the UK and Italy linked to News International, have come to light

Britain's communications regulator is monitoring allegations of phone hacking and bribery at Murdoch's UK newspapers in a continued review of whether BSkyB is a 'fit and proper' holder of a broadcasting license.

These charges - if true – may push News Corp to fail the 'fit and proper' test.

A similar hacking case has been uncovered in Italy.

The Independent reported that computer whiz Pasquale Caiazza was working as a consultant for a News Corp company when he was arrested on charges of spying on a rival pay-TV business.

Caiazza was reportedly paid about $18,000 regularly from a bank account linked to News International.

He's accused of stealing television encryption cards made by Nagra France, which was engaged in a deal to produce the technology for Sky Italia, a division of News Corp.

The deal was cancelled by Sky Italia's then-boss Tom Mockridge as the hacking charges were unearthed, according to The Independent.
    The latest allegations against Murdoch’s global media empire come just a week after the FBI said it would get involved if Scotland Yard 'dropped the ball'.

The original Met phone hacking investigation, launched in December 2005, resulted in the News of the World's royal editor Clive Goodman and private investigator Glenn Mulcaire being jailed for intercepting voicemail messages.

But no action was taken against any other reporters and the inquiry failed to identify hundreds of victims.

Accused: Rebekah (ginger) Brooks, right, the former editor of News Corp-owned papers The Sun and News of the World, has been on bail since last summer when she was arrested on suspicion of phone-hacking and corruption

One source close to the U.S. investigation told the Independent on Sunday: 'The FBI made it perfectly clear that if the British police drop the ball on this they will pick it up and run with it'.

As well as evidence from News Corp, the FBI is also gathering evidence from the Leveson Inquiry and other parliamentary select committees.

It is thought that the Murdoch empire fears a U.S. investigation due to the potential for longer jail terms and more severe financial penalties, the newspaper said.

This is believed to be why it has increased its efforts to help police over the past few months - including handing over thousands of potentially incriminating emails.

New arrests: Brooks (ginger) and her racehorse trainer husband Charlie, left, were arrested last week in dawn raids by cops investigating allegations of a cover-up in the phone hacking inquiry

The FBI has reportedly found no evidence of phone hacking within News Corp in the U.S., Murdoch's holding company based in New York.

Last week, Rebekah Brooks and her racehorse trainer husband Charlie were arrested in dawn raids by police investigating allegations of a cover-up in the phone hacking inquiry.

The former News International chief executive and her husband were held on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

They were among six people detained by detectives from Operation Weeting, the inquiry into illegal hacking of voicemail messages.

Mrs Brooks, the former editor of The Sun and the News of the World, has been on bail since last summer when she was arrested on suspicion of phone-hacking and corruption.

That arrest in July was ‘by appointment’ but yesterday the couple were woken by a sharp, unexpected, knock on the front door of their Cotswolds mansion.

The number of people arrested in Operation Weeting, which running for more than a year, stands at 23.

Two other linked investigations - Operation Elveden into corrupt payments to police and Operation Tuleta into computer hacking - have resulted in 26 arrests.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sidiaries.html

DJ OD
    Last edited by DJ OD; 27th March 2012 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

seems to me it came about at an ideal time with their fit and propper bid, thats if it gets picked up on properly,
    after H was jailed during a ruling which set a precident, then i think they themselves appear to have broken this law.
    that can be proven. but worse its there competors codes.
    they brought this situation about and H appears to be playing on it.
    what came out from the show is there is proof nds brioke the law, mix that with the other hacking scandal and it doesnt sound good for them.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast