Close

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: anybody here give interview

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoz View Post
    If they can find a murderer guilty of murder without finding a body then I'm sure they could find NDS guilty of hosting hacking files that are no longer there

As you can tell law isn't my strong point but the theory is there!
    Yes but there would have to be other incriminating evidence like blood found at the alleged murderers home or something similar. They couldn't convict him on circumstantial evidence just because they thought he probably did it.

The only thing they have in the THOiC/NDS case is the word of certain individuals that OnDigital codes were being published on the site, and some emails which are quite possibly inadmissable. I have a Thoic ezine printed back at the time it was published, but could they date it for use as evidence? (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

He who pays the piper calls the tune...

I'm not arguing as to if L** G****** was paid or not; I'm more interested as to who his paymaster was and who signed off his expenses. That sort of evidence would be admissible in court as funding criminal activity. The e-mails talk about payments and if these can be tied to funds transfers on NDS bank statements, then they have something to build a case around, as the payments had to be authorised and usually be more than one signatory.

The media have played the story so far as "Murdoch pays pirates to see off his rivals", so surely aren't there questions that need answering here, about who funded a pirate site with the intention of taking the competition out?

This is the result that I hope Tom Watson goes after.

Thanks to WotTheFook

BigBird (15th June 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

They still need to prove that OnDigital codes and hacking info was being published on the website. There must be hundreds of potential witnesses, All the VIP members at least. Depends on whether they are prepared to convict on the evidence given by some of these witnesses. NDS will have already destroyed any evidence that may have been available at their offices.

NDS agree they were funding THOiC. There is Gibbling and lots of other potential witnesses that hacking info was available on the site, but was that illegal at the time? It doesn't really matter. NDS have even admitted that it was common practice to break the encryption of rival systems. The law needs to prove that they then deliberately allowed this information to become available to the wider hacking community as well as deliberately publishing the info on the THOiC site which they funded. You are right, this isn't just about the publishing of hacking information. This is about setting out to destroy a rival company through industrial sabotage. From breaking the encryption system to deliberately passing that information on to others. (">

Thanks to BigBird

WotTheFook (15th June 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Exactly; why give the information out for free, unless you want to completely undermine and bankrupt your nearest competitor? Sky were willing to take on all comers and do whatever it took to dominate the market. That's effectively what they did with BSB and OnDigital, they undermined and eliminated them.

Also, allowing the hacks on the Jerrold and Scientific Atlanta cable boxes to be published on THOIC was attempting to take on the cable TV companies. It's all of the activity back then that has left Sky in the more or less cartel position that it's in today. Sometimes, you have to take in the bigger picture to appreciate what was going on.

I could be wrong, but it was probably Murdoch's insistence on Virgin upgrading their security that caused it to happen - NTL/Telewest and Virgin might not have bothered otherwise. Sky was losing too much revenue on sports and movies, as the analogue cable boxes' security had been ripped to bits, much like OnDigital had been. It might have been that his failure to eliminate or to take over the cable companies led to the unplanned consequence of loss of revenues, caused by the hacking of the cable networks that the THOIC site helped to facilitate.

Karma's a bitch at times, isn't it?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks to Lou_smorals

BigBird (4th July 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_smorals View Post

LS

It's shit when people secretly listen in to your conversations and messages. Isn't it, Rupert?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just confirms what we already know that Murdoch is a cunt who doesn't give a fuck about the people or the law. I don't buy his papers and I don't subscribe to sky... and never will while he or his cronies are in charge. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by toysoft View Post
    Or just get a good read ;o)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Murdochs-Pir.../dp/B009VA1NVU

current special offer from Amazon at 2.37£, really cheap ;o)), probably to be sure everybody reads it.

TS
    I bought this on kindle after seeing this and can say it really was a good read to say the least. I was on the fringes of the old sky hacks and this defo filled a few holes.

Thanks for the heads up Jan

Sent from my B1-A71 using Tapatalk 2

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112