Close

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Debt Collectors - Blair, Oliver & Scott .... Arseholes!

Anyone had any dealings with these idiots? I have a Bank of Scotland loan which I defaulted on and having been regularly paying BO&S payments to repay the debt. Last month, they suddenly decided to change the standing order details. They provided me with new details, and upon attempt to make the payment, my bank kept sending the faster payment straight back to my bank account. I called time and time again, costing me an absolute fortune (over £30 in phone calls to them, more than my actual monthly mobile bill!) to speak to some numpty in a call centre in India, who I could barely understand, only to be given the same standing order details each time, and each time it was sent back. I ended up just making the payment by card. I went to my bank who advised it was nothing to do with them on their part, and they would setup the standing order for the next month. The time has come and yet again the standing order was sent back to my bank account.

If I phone again, not only will it cost me a fortune to speak to some moron, who will just give me the same details as before. I am willing to call them each month to make the payment, but only if it was not an 0870 number. I've tried saynoto0870 but the search doesnt come up with any normal numbers for them.

Sick and tired of this. Funny thing is I have another account with them, and the payments go through fine on that one (albeit, different standing order details).

I used to have 3 accounts with them, but for reasons unknown BO&S passed one of them to BLS collections, and absolute god send considering they spoke english, and english call centres, and were more than willing to work around me in order to pay the debt back, which it now is.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just put it in writing mate if you have had no luck on the phone, if they have the correct details already for another account then make this clear in the letter too

Sent from my Xperia X10i using Tapatalk

Thanks to lloydi

CallmeGoose (9th February 2012)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Debt Collectors - Blair, Oliver & Scott .... Arseholes!

well, it would seem that this could be a genuine error... i found this on moneysavingexpert, dated Jan 2012

I have had exactly the same issue this month, and fortunately it would seem there is nothing sinister (on this occasion).

BOS's bank account, for some bizarre reason, is not set up with the 'faster payments scheme' which most banks have now subscribed to.

This means that if your bank is part of the faster payments scheme, your payments will be returned.

At least this is what my bank have explained to me...........

So send a letter to BOS, asking them why they are not part of the faster payments scheme, especially considering their lords and masters are actually Bank Of Scotland.............

Best

SnV

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3716515
    this still doesnt make sense though, as the account is BOS account, and the last set of standing order details, which worked fine, were BOS.

Does anyone know if there is a way in Santander online banking to not setup a standing order via faster payments?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do you know what Blair Oliver & Scott Stands for?

Bank of Scotland

Your account never left the bank, didn't even leave the computer............

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by davie1972 View Post
    Do you know what Blair Oliver & Scott Stands for?

Bank of Scotland

Your account never left the bank, didn't even leave the computer............
    Well done you !!! Thanks for your contributions to this 2 year old thread !

Great first post