Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Paps and the red carpet run?

Holy ****, I have just done an event for a PR company we work for a lot and it was attended by a lot of celebrities way more than we usually get at these events and I don't know how the celebrities do it. ok walking in to the hotel no problem, the pausing and pose for photos again no problem but how do they keep their eyes up for the 6 or 8 seconds they are stopped with the constant 8-10 frames per second flashes amazes me, there must have been 30+ paps out side fighting for the picture that sells. I totally understand why some of them didnt stop on their way in. The craze of worshiping celebrity and demand for photos I guess drives it, personally I don't think I could do that type of work mainly due to the competition and going through the number of images that you take.

Fortunatly I was inside working on the media board that the OK guy was also shooting and inside for the event.

Keep an eye out for the kitty bird from xfactor with an almost naked bloke on her arm in the press her pr people have some strange ideas for her and that jonny bloke will go far doing public appearences he is so popular for some reason and will stop for anyone to have his photo taken.

So what do you think of the paparazzi and how they work? I remember a tv program following them running red lights standing outside clubs and celebrity houses for hours and the red carpet runs. There was a guy on it who also worked from a distance with long lenses shooting people with out their knowing is this even more of an invasion of their privacy or as a celebrity who make money from their being in the public eye, do they have any privacy?

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Paps and the red carpet run?

I may have seen the same show a few years ago, before I was really into photography. Before hand I sort of thought it was sleezy and only done by tallentless cunts, but after watching the show I saw it was an incredibly complex job and you need to have a lot of connections, people power and generally large testicles. However, I still thought the actual photography was shite and generally tallentless, and the people takin the shots were still cunts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Paps and the red carpet run?

The way the guy from OK spoke to the celebs was as if they were all best freinds and known each other for years it was really eye opening. The guys outside were ruthless and yes the photos I have seen a few today are nothing fantastic examples here, by the look of it the guy she is with isnt used to the flashes going off like they were squinting his eyes but she its seems no problem.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup: