Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention this is just idiocrasy!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17187179

The UK goverment is to offer FREE HIV treatment to everyone in the world, instead of doing something decent like making NEW cancer treatments available to our own people they have now painted a massive target on our heads.

the NHS will not cope with it and mark my words we will all end up paying for this, this is by far the most stupidist thing ive seen so far.

imagine all those people coming to this country now who have HIV? thern imagine them all needing doctors, dentists and so on. the HIV rates in this country will rocket and no doubt many british people will get infected by foreigners who dont give a shit about anyone else.

some may not agree with me, and im not being racist in this post at all. its not the race, creed or colour that botheres me its the fact that we are offering FREE HIV treatment to anyone, at a time when army is running some hospitals because we cannot cope, our services are being cut back to nothing and now we have to accommodate sick people who may endanger our own?.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    HIV treatment on NHS for foreign nationalsComments (419)
    Ministers say treating people with HIV means they are unlikely to pass the infection on to others
    Continue reading the main story Related Stories

Foreign nationals are to be offered free treatment for HIV on the NHS under plans backed by the government.
    Campaigners say the move in England will reduce the risk of Britons being infected and cut the costs of more expensive later treatment.
    Currently only British residents are eligible, which excludes migrants.
    The Department of Health said it would bring England into line with Scotland and Wales, and there would be safeguards against "health tourism".
    Extend treatment There are an estimated 25,000 people with undiagnosed HIV in Britain, many of whom were born abroad.
    People from overseas cannot be treated for the condition unless they pay, which is not the case for other infectious diseases.
    This group of people includes failed asylum seekers, students and tourists.
    Conservative former cabinet minister Lord Fowler, who headed the government's Aids awareness campaign in the 1980s, has called for an amendment to the Health and Social Care Bill currently before the Lords.
    This would extend free treatment to those who have been in Britain for six months.
    The proposal will be introduced by the government in a Statutory Instrument rather than as part of the legislation.
    'Good news' Public Health Minister Anne Milton said: "This measure will protect the public and brings HIV treatment in to line with all other infectious diseases. Treating people with HIV means they are very unlikely to pass the infection on to others."
    Yusef Azad, director of policy at the National Aids Trust, said: "If someone is tested and treated early, it is much cheaper than them presenting themselves in hospital with a much more serious, complex condition that can cost tens of thousands of pounds to treat."
    Professor Jane Anderson, chairwoman of the British HIV Association, said: "This is good news for people living in the UK who are HIV positive and also for public health in general."
    Critics claim the decision could prompt so-called health tourism and put the NHS under further financial pressure.
    But the government pledged tough guidance to ensure the measure is not abused.
    The Department of Health said it would be difficult for somebody to come to the UK specifically for treatment as the process took months to administer and monitor.
    Last edited by Detector; 28th February 2012 at 12:09 PM.
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: this is just idiocrasy!!!!!

just wanted to add, we should be investing in treatments for cancer not giving a free pass to anyone who wants to come here and strain our already crisis point nhs.

most of the local hospitals near me are either being run by the army or close to requesting the army help because they dont have the staff and money and we do this? unbelieveable.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ironic spelling of idiocracy.

Agree though. Beggars belief.

Thanks to BertRoot

Detector (28th February 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not surprised. . . . . .I mean we have SUCH a wealthy NHS and Country generally! If the USA are the World Police we are the World Soup Kitchen!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

2 Thanks given to blaggard

Detector (28th February 2012),  Zoots (28th February 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good Old Mid-Yorks HNS trust

Thanks to stevo25

Thanks
    Karma Level

Clearly this is an attempt by MP's to get more rent boys from Thailand and northern Africa into the country!!

Thanks to Ginnerfreak

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

as a human being i believe we should try to help people but not this way and to this extent, this will push our health service, schools and whole system over the limit. you will get mass imiigration of people who are ill and seeking free medication. the uk could become a sick nation (if its not sick enough already). also have you seen the comments made on the bbc site? its had the fastest responses of any topic and everyone is pissed off.

instead of doing this if they had announced extra funding into childhood cancers and other stuff i think they would have been on the right track but to say "come to england - fill yer boots" we will become the HIV capital of europe second only to russia for the infection rates.
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

im all for helping people but not to the point of crippling our own services, it sounds horrible but we have enough people in our own country to help before we just start inviting loads more people in and offering to fix their problems too:

[RANT]
    - Our economy is fucked
    - We give billions away in aid
    - We put up immigrants in posh houses in London that i couldn't pay for if i lived to be 300
    - Our benefits system is shot to shit
    - We protect idiots (at great cost to the taxpayer) who want to destroy our country and provide him security
    - We are quite happy to send our own people to other countries if that country says they have done something wrong, however I doubt that country would send their own people over seas in the situation was reversed)
    - Now were just going to invite everyone with HIV to pop over and get sorted at our expense

come to britain as we are truly fucking retarded and we are lubed up and bent over ready for everyone to take what they want (unless you work hard then you can fuck right off and get paying for the scroungers)

[/RANT]
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

4 Thanks given to Mystical_2K

BBK (29th February 2012),  Booyakasha (14th March 2012),  Detector (28th February 2012),  stevo25 (28th February 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did you all miss this bit?

People from overseas cannot be treated for the condition unless they pay, which is not the case for other infectious diseases.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

no i saw that, think of the millions of people living around the world with aids or hiv and they cant get drugs in their home country. now the uk says FREE drugs here, they will all migrate here. and as many people have pointed out:
    if you go to MANY other countries to live, many of them test you for HIV/AIDS and dont allow you in if positive.
    the UK does not and will allow anyone in with hardly any medical check at all.

that is wrong.
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Did you all miss this bit?
    The way it reads to me CJ - is that thats the way it is now (they currently have to pay for HIV treatment) and these loonies want to change it so almost everyone gets free HIV Treatment

Conservative former cabinet minister Lord Fowler, who headed the government's Aids awareness campaign in the 1980s, has called for an amendment to the Health and Social Care Bill currently before the Lords.
    This would extend free treatment to those who have been in Britain for six months.
    'Good news' Public Health Minister Anne Milton said: "This measure will protect the public and brings HIV treatment in to line with all other infectious diseases.

Thanks
    Karma Level

CJ, that would only be for the 'tourists', this statement:

seems to say it's a free for all for those already here, raping our system.

the 'pay for it' bit is only a safeguard to limit the number of people on daytrips, but as with many not so kosher immigrants, papers can be shared between family members and friends for anyone to get treatment within days of arrival in the country.

Also, nothing stops them coming in and waiting here for 6 months taking more of our resources before getting treatment. Cunts!
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

Thanks
    Karma Level

They have to be in the country for 6 months, so it's hardly free for anyone. This is just more ridiculous scare mongering from narrow minded xenophobes.

2 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

Bald Bouncer (28th February 2012),  EvilBoB (28th February 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    They have to be in the country for 6 months, so it's hardly free for anyone. This is just more ridiculous scare mongering from narrow minded xenophobes.
    The press seem to be constantly trying to rally the people to revolt at the moment. Can't wait to read what the Daily Fail says about this story

*EDIT* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hange-law.html
    Last edited by EvilBoB; 28th February 2012 at 04:59 PM.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Iraq has the right idea
    anyone arriving in the country has 10 days to get a blood test at set up government test centers, they are screened for HIV and STI
    anyone found positive is deported immediately

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    The press seem to be constantly trying to rally the people to revolt at the moment. Can't wait to read what the Daily Fail says about this story

*EDIT* http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hange-law.html
    actually i think its more that people are so sick and tired with the decisions the various government have made over the last decade that were that used to getting fucked over we just expect it with every news story that comes out
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have to be honest, I can't really see the negative aspect of this if we're trying to improve the health and life expectancy of people with a horrid disease, wherever they are from?

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

You have to help yourself before you can help others, we are already falling to pieces and can hardly help the people who were born here and have paid into the tax system for years, now they want to help people who's OWN place of birth won't help them?

One of my local hospitals (Stafford) has recently completely shut down it's A+E department from 8pm-8am because they can't afford or don't have the staff to do it, Cannock Hospital doesn't even have an A+E department, that means the nearest A+E to me should anything happen is 30+mins away in Wolverhampton - I could be dead by then! (41mins, checked on Google maps)

...and they want to spunk millions helping the entire fucking world deal with HIV!?!?

How about putting that cash into making sure all NHS Hospitals are fully staffed, fully equipped, properly cleaned and fucking OPEN when somebody hurts themselves after 8pm, and letting the countries the infected are from deal with their own citizens!

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is just the heads up that more money will be given to Africa.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

And this bit?

which is not the case for other infectious diseases.

​so any disease OTHER than HIV is fine is it?
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks