Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Secrets [SPOILER] - Walking Dead Season 2 and the Comics Discussion

OK as mentioned in the other thread, lets chat amongst our selves here who have read the comics and have some burning questions as to why this and not that...
    I know they are trying to make good TV out of it but they appear to be going off in a direction the comics just didn't go. There is so much missed out that needs to be in.

So before I mention anything, just want a feel for this first.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: [SPOILER] - Walking Dead Season 2 and the Comics Discussion

ive not read the comics but would be intrested in doing so will probably download them.. would be intrested to hear differences as to how show could have progressed.

i think shanes still alive in show as no other strong male to challenge rick

Thanks
    Karma Level

Spoiler:
    Basically in the Comics, Shane gets killed. They discover that once you die, you can become infected airborne. Rick goes back, digs him up, and there he is zombiefied. Rick then shoots him again. Then you have the old fella shagging the life out of blondie and a whole host of other crazy shit happening with some nasty mother fuckers when they end up in a Prison. The housing estate recently, they went back there and set up camp in the houses until the realised all the houses were infected with zombies in the Basements... They have cut that bit out with no going back to it. The Farm bit is dragging on which makes me think that the Prison might come in Season 3....

Added spoiler tags as you can see from main page!!

Thanks to Goldberg

mitchb (4th March 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah they've kind of condensed certain characters into each other.I was looking forward to seeing how Tyreese was going to be played but I'm starting to think he may be mixed up into the shane character.

It's not as good as the comics but It's pretty entertaining.One thing I think ruins it for people is there expectation that it's a zombie series when really it's a drama/thriller with zombies as a backdrop to it...In saying that you've got to blame the advertisers for that as it does come across as a zombiefest in the trailers when in reality there are some episodes were they play a very small part.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i haven't read the comic yet but intend too, however i have just read the Rise of the Governor novel that was released late last year and i gotta say its a great read,
    i have no idea who the governor is in the comics but its a sort of how he gets to be him but since i haven't read the comics I can't it relate anything, so gonna get into
    the comics so i can find out, the book has some great characters and really keeps you hooked
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Make sure you buy the Compendium, basically all the first comics in one huge book. Got mine from Play for about £25

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've heard that they have been very constrained by budget this season, hence the time at the farm is being dragged out to save on location costs.
    Spoiler:
    I really hope some of the elements of the comic are followed, especially how Shane's life is ended.
    In a way The fact that they're moving away from the comic story line is a good thing simply because it gives the viewer something new and different.
    Last edited by cassy34; 5th March 2012 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cassy34 View Post
    I've heard that they have been very constrained by budget this season, hence the time at the farm is being dragged out to save on location costs.
    Spoiler:
    I really hope some of the elements of the comic are followed, especially how Shane's life is ended.
    In a way The fact that they're moving away from the comic story line is a good thing simply because it gives the viewer something new and different.
    As per your spoiler:

Spoiler:
    In the episode last week, they pointed out that the two police officers had not been bitten.. They did say scratched but it was a hint that they might have killed themselves (Gassed in the car?) and then they were affected Airborne.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Goldberg you have shown the spoiler in your quote pffffftttttt

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by greens117 View Post
    Goldberg you have shown the spoiler in your quote pffffftttttt

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Tapatalk looks like it does not deal with it correctly

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK, Sundays episode was the worst yet, until the end... It also touched on aspects of the comics it has missed...

Spoiler:

Entering some text here as it seems to display it on the main page and in Tapatalk. So just padding out before I get to my next observation.
    La la la, la la la, nothing to see here... la la la, la la la...... Do we think this is enough??

Dale was pranging Andrea in the comics (Dirty old man), but in the series it's Shane she has been doing in the past.
    The young guy they have as a prisoner has touched on the other group and told of a story regarding a guys two daughters. This is something from the Prison where in the comics one of the guys is a mentalist and beheads them.

With the prisoner still alive, I expect he will either escape and head to the 'Prison' and be followed or a shit storm happens at the farm and he takes them their for that.

Shane mentioned about taking the guns away last night (well apart for him..) which was done and proved to be a mistake in the comic.

So, they are touching on items, not sure if they are going to follow them through, but I expect that Season 3 (if it happens) will be in the prison.

Still enjoying it, but Sundays was so slow, they had to kill off a main character. If anything Carl is boiling my fucking piss. The little bastard needs a slap... He caused the death of Dale and Daryl is going to flip when he finds his gun gone... Probably lead to him dying or another key member.

Thanks to Goldberg

liveseytowers (8th March 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah last episode was a bit shit, but i have now read 38 of the comics (in 2 days) and absolutely love it
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just seen the 'alternative Intro' seems quite fitting atm

3 Thanks given to grrrd

Goldberg (8th March 2012),  Mystical_2K (8th March 2012),  Tim.Lad (22nd March 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

There needs to be a mass-culling of characters at the end of the season. Half the group are dead wood.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

A mass culling? There are only a handful!
    Take them away and you completely rewrite the comics..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    A mass culling? There are only a handful!
    Take them away and you completely rewrite the comics..
    true but their are certain parts of the comics i would like them to miss out, some of its pretty fucking brutal and would be a bit over the top for the TV show

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the brutal ones should be in.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    I think the brutal ones should be in.
    the governor stuff yes, what happens to michonne (if they even bring her in) i dunno it might be too much

either way i will watch it lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think it is important to keep the brutal parts is as the whole story is really around the human mind and how we would do what ever it takes to survive. Its about the mental struggle. The brutal bits show how easy it would be to turn into killers. I agree that they need to introduce new characters asap as it is getting dry. The comic is exactly the same as it introduces new groups throughout.
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Spoiler:
    Well Shane died.... twice..., Carl finally grew some balls, and now a zombie assault on the farm.. about fecking time! Looking forward to next weeks episode, should be a good un!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast