Hi,

Thought I'd post this in case others are getting the same problems as me as it's been driving me potty.

At home, my vita is fine. I can play all day every day and not have any issues whatsoever.

I took my vita to work with me, switched it on and within minutes it had locked up. I had to hold the ps button to turn it off, and choose restart vita from the menu.

Did this a whole load of times and it wasn't getting better so I used the 'rebuild database' option in the recovery menu, and it was freezing before the rebuild could complete. Eventually it got to 100% and restarted only to lock up again a few minutes later.

Wound up now I thought screw this and reset my vita's settings to default. started again (luckily my saves were all ok). But sure enough, within a few minutes again it had locked up.

I'm getting really frustrated now and google suggested that wifi might be the culprit, so i hit the flight mode button in the settings, but sadly it still locked up.

Anyway, resigned to the fact that my vita was toast and would be going back to Amazon, I completed my night shift and went home in the morning.

Got home and the vita ran fine, no lock ups no nothing. What's even madder is that even though it was in flight mode, it connected to my home wifi !!

A bit more googling said that I wasn't the only person that this had happened to and in fact flight mode, wasn't flight mode at all.

Hearing this, when I went to work the following night, I went into the Wifi settings themselves and set wifi to off. Even before it had fully turned off, the console locked up needing a forced reboot. When it came back up, it worked fine, no lockups no issues and I was able to play offline games fine.

So conclusions to this little adventure.

1) the vita firmware is buggy
2) the flight mode switch plainly isn't (it sort of soft-disables radios)
3) some wifi access points can cause the vita to freeze (even when not connected)
4) Turning wifi off stops the lock ups

Anyone had experience of this ? I found a few examples while searching, including some poor soul that had the opposite. It would lock up at home and be fine in work !!

Just thought I'd share my experience.

cheers,

malty