Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: HTC One X - Who's getting one?

I charged it fully after the device ran out of juice the first time.

Just returned it back to Phones 4 U. Went and ordered the Galaxy Nexus.

Thanks
    Karma Level

A review here - http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_s-review-746.php It's for the One S though. Says it's a beast, audio processing very good. Camera not as good as the HTC hype, but still decent. The CPU is a beast.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

dont know about this no sd card thing, having second thoughts, can anybody who owns one tell me the storage situation, if i had to find one gripe with the desire it would give the low on space message now and again it was easily resolved though by moving stuff to the sd card, gonna hang fire and do a bit more research on the storage situation, any reviews of owners would be nice...

well had a quick look, 16 gb of storage cant see that being a problem any comments
    Last edited by peterc4; 11th April 2012 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by peterc4 View Post
    dont know about this no sd card thing, having second thoughts, can anybody who owns one tell me the storage situation, if i had to find one gripe with the desire it would give the low on space message now and again it was easily resolved though by moving stuff to the sd card, gonna hang fire and do a bit more research on the storage situation, any reviews of owners would be nice...

The Desire had very low storage anyway. I have a Galaxy S currently, and even without using the SD card, I have never had a problem with space. 16 GB onboard is plenty for apps. I also have a few albums on my local SD card. Depends how much media you want on your phone. The iphone doesn't have an SD card.

I personally want an SD card, because it makes me feel superior to iOS users....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I hear what you say about the Desire. There is a 2gb system partition that the apps get installed too. I've got loads installed and still shit loads of space. I get unlimited data so all my music is stored in google music so music storage isn't an issue.

Im really liking the One X. It's a great upgrade from the Desire. I didn't feel the sensation was worth the upgrade but this is. It's not perfect but it's only been out a week! Biggest issues for me are the Beats audio causes Spotify to crackle during play back. If you disable it the issues gone. Also signal isn't as strong as my Desire. I still get 3G at work but 2 bars instead of 4.

I prefer the build quality to the Samsung S2, if the S3 is like the S2 then it'll feel too plasticy for me. Camera is pretty good, still not as good as my mega old C905 8megapixel Ericsson. It's rapid though and fires of pics super fast.

I didn't have Sense on my Desire but I'm glad to have it back. The friends stream is cool and everyone loves the HTCweather widget :-)

If your worried about storage then I'd say unlimited data is a great way around it and it doesn't put me off that there is no sd slot.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can any of you who've now lived with the OneX for a week or so comment on real-life battery life on it? I can get about 2 days out of my iPhone 4S under what I call "regular" usage (few calls a day, some texts, email polling every 30 mins, 20 mins a day gaming, 20 mins browsing).

ta

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I took mine off charge at 7am and i've used it for streaming 2 albums from Google Music and messed with the satnav for 20 min's at lunch. Texted a few times etc and its on 54%. I'll always charge it up at night as i've got in the habit of doing that with the Desire. I've only had it since Tuesday though.

No way do I think it would last 2 days.

Edit....

It's struggling to last one day! 10% left now.
    Last edited by liveseytowers; 12th April 2012 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks to liveseytowers

_Belial (12th April 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

A One-X review if anyone is interested - http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x-review-747p5.php

I am tempted by a HTC device.... But want to see what else comes out. My upgrade is end of May.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

well back on track with the storage situation sorted, as for battery life, when i got my desire i didnt get the day out of it, but when you stop hammering it i now get a day easily, i cant really see a problem with that, will wait for a report on here though, so comeon livesy.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm on 4% after not that much faffing. Saying that I guess testing tegra games and satnav for 40 mins won't help

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This phone has done my tits in today. Needed the satnav and it took forever to get my route up then lost connection at the important bit. Also camera is a massive let down. Been to LG Arena and almost all the pics are blurry. It's ace in sunlight but just as bad as any other phone in low light situations. Battery life is very poor as well. Used satnav for an hour tops and I'm on less than 20%.

Will have to root it soon and get a better Rom on it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/13/h...anagement-fix/

Somewhere along mike1986's development of Android Revolution HD, a custom ROM for the HTC One X, he found that something amiss with the smartphone's stock system -- its Tegra 3 power management software didn't function properly. According to the developer, an app known as NvCPLSvc.apk was misplaced in the /system/bin folder, rather than its proper destination of /system/app. Along with the custom ROM, mike1986 has released the fix as a separate bundle, which is detailed in the source below. To apply the patch, users must push the new APK to their handset via ADB, and then alter the file's permissions. Unless you're seriously hindered by your phone's battery life, however, it seems safe to wait for an official update from HTC. On the upside, users report an battery life increase in the neighborhood of 10 to 20 percent once with the fix in place, and we can only hope that all users will soon benefit from similar gains.

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

Thanks to _Belial

liveseytowers (14th April 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quick update on my battery situation. I'm still using the phone quite a lot and battery life has improved loads. Yesterday I took it off charge at 7 and used it for 30 min's of calls, streamed 3 albums from google music, watched some vids at lunch and played a tegra 2 game for around 15 min's. Checked facebook every hour at least and had everything syncing every hour. Battery lasted until 11pm when I went to bed and had around 10% left. It def seems to have got better over the past week.

Thanks
    Karma Level

New OTA update for the One X has just come out : 1.28, supposed to improve battery life and fix various other sense 4 and Tegra related issues.
    Mines updating now...

Thanks to chris71

liveseytowers (18th April 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was tempted to get one as an upgrade but i'm waiting to see what the samsung galaxy 3 is like

Thanks to Sanj[UK]

Billhouse (18th April 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chris71 View Post
    New OTA update for the One X has just come out : 1.28, supposed to improve battery life and fix various other sense 4 and Tegra related issues.
    Mines updating now...
    I've not got mine yet but its locked to Three network. I guess I have to wait for Three to do there thing first and approve it? Any idea how long things like this normally take?

Thanks to liveseytowers

tef89 (18th April 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the updates liveseytowers -still deciding whether to get myself one and it really helps having real world usage info.

I'm not too surprised the sat-nav kills the battery though, only get about an hour and a bit on my Desire when using Navigation.

Is the standby battery life improved can you tell ?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    I'm on 4% after not that much faffing. Saying that I guess testing tegra games and satnav for 40 mins won't help

Sat nav and GPS use about 3 times as much power as calls and web browsing and ten times as much as in standby so 40 mins sat nav would wipe alot of the battery out

Thanks to Mobileman

liveseytowers (18th April 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tef89 View Post
    Thanks for the updates liveseytowers -still deciding whether to get myself one and it really helps having real world usage info.

I'm not too surprised the sat-nav kills the battery though, only get about an hour and a bit on my Desire when using Navigation.

Is the standby battery life improved can you tell ?
    I would say that the battery life in standby has improved in the week since I got it. Hopefully this update will improve the battery life when it eventually comes

Thanks to liveseytowers

tef89 (18th April 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hows people getting on with the one x..... thinking about making a change from iPhone after having iPhones since they came out.....

COmments/suggestions white or black... heard about flexing issues and screen flickering issues anyone had any of those problems. Lastly hows warranty work with HTC? good experience or bad?
     iPhone 6 baby...
     iMac 24", 2.4Ghz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
     Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, 250GB, 4GB RAM

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks