Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Virgin Media SuperHUB

Quote Originally Posted by B B Leo View Post
    what u mean into modem mode????
    Basically that superhub is a modem and a wireless router in one case, so i turned off the capability of the device to be a wireless router, and only allowed it to function as a modem. i then connected the modem to a separate wireless router which allowed my internet speed to run at its optimum speed as opposed to a quarter of its capability.

Thanks to pratman

B B Leo (18th April 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pratman View Post
    Hi,

I have just had a SuperHUB installed at my house and its been just over a week and the speeds are dire to say the least. I have read on the net that the best solution is to switch off the wireless, but I do not know the best way to do this, do I log in via the web to do this or do I hold the Virgin button down. Becuase I have tried holding the Virgin button down previously and just assumed I could hard wire my old router in (which is fine beacuse my connection is only 20mb so it should be fine handling that. But when I did this I was not getting a connection. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong and if someone could just point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Pratman

Got mine yesterday as my old modem died, I spent a good hour last night messing about with the settings and found a few things which where causing me to get such slow speeds.

Set the wireless signal frequency to channel 6, change the security to WPA2-PSK[AES], reboot router and pc/laptop.

I am now getting 48meg from wireless and the last reading I got from a wired connection was 51meg.

This may not work for others but it is certaintly worth a try!

Thanks to tigro

pratman (18th April 2012)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tigro View Post
    Got mine yesterday as my old modem died, I spent a good hour last night messing about with the settings and found a few things which where causing me to get such slow speeds.

Set the wireless signal frequency to channel 6, change the security to WPA2-PSK[AES], reboot router and pc/laptop.

I am now getting 48meg from wireless and the last reading I got from a wired connection was 51meg.

This may not work for others but it is certaintly worth a try!
    Thanks man its a good tip becuase i dont think my router can really handle much more than 40meg so when they double the speeds and if i decide to go to a higher package i may need to revert to this method or fork out for a new wireless router

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pratman View Post
    Thanks man its a good tip becuase i dont think my router can really handle much more than 40meg so when they double the speeds and if i decide to go to a higher package i may need to revert to this method or fork out for a new wireless router

It is most probably the frequency you are using, I tried frequency 13 and none of my wireless items could find the superhub, if this was happening to you I suggest you login to the superhub by wired connection and keep checking the frequency and wireless devices.

If I where you id test this now, as I have told a few people who where having similar problems and it helped them all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12