E-cigs

Thread: E-cigs

  1. philmein121's Avatar

    philmein121 said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Quote Originally Posted by losttoy View Post
    I've just made a variable voltage boxmod for a mate. It holds 3 14500 900mah batteries and steps down the voltage using a lm2596 dc-dc board. Am running a boge dual coil atomiser at 5v and it's very nice indeed. Might make one for meself

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Costs about 20 quid off the top of my head in parts. There's nothing quite like your first vape off a homemade mod
    well done m8 cant beat using 2 batts as long as they are not stacked box mods all the way
  2. losttoy's Avatar

    losttoy said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Yeah they're stacked, but the batteries are protected, the lm2596 has protection inbuilt and I've put a 3a polyfuse in too.

    Stacking batteries is mainly a problem when you get folks using rubbish unprotected batteries in tube mods. If lithium cells in series were that dangerous I'd never use a laptop again. Human error has played a large part in the accidents that have happened but I pity those people that have had their teeth blown out.

    I read not so long ago that someone in the states had a cigalike pop when they were vaping it. Battery technology has some catching up to do methinks
  3. DJ Overdose's Avatar

    DJ Overdose said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Quote Originally Posted by losttoy View Post
    Human error has played a large part in the accidents that have happened but I pity those people that have had their teeth blown out.

    I read not so long ago that someone in the states had a cigalike pop when they were vaping it. Battery technology has some catching up to do methinks
    Fuck. That.


    DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  4. philmein121's Avatar

    philmein121 said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Quote Originally Posted by losttoy View Post
    Yeah they're stacked, but the batteries are protected, the lm2596 has protection inbuilt and I've put a 3a polyfuse in too.

    Stacking batteries is mainly a problem when you get folks using rubbish unprotected batteries in tube mods. If lithium cells in series were that dangerous I'd never use a laptop again. Human error has played a large part in the accidents that have happened but I pity those people that have had their teeth blown out.

    I read not so long ago that someone in the states had a cigalike pop when they were vaping it. Battery technology has some catching up to do methinks
    to be on the safe side swap the batts around every few charges put the top batt to the bottom and vice versa should prevent any mishaps lol
  5. Zoots's Avatar

    Zoots said:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Fuck. That.
    My thoughts exactly.
  6. philmein121's Avatar

    philmein121 said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Putting 2 batts in line is perfectly safe its only when in series that you could encounter problems. Even then if you take the right precautions like lostboy all should be well
  7. BM's Avatar

    BM said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    I ended up buying 3x 900 mAh Riva 510 batteries from liberty-flights and they arrived this morning.

    Wow what a difference a decent battery makes.

    Cheers for the advice guys.
    BM
  8. BM's Avatar

    BM said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Anyone want to trade some juice?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  9. snorty1uk's Avatar

    snorty1uk said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Hi All just about ready to take the plunge after over 30 years smoking!

    I have had a look through the thread and I am still a bit confused on what I actually need to buy

    I am looking at the ego c starter kit and a sample pack of juices but what else will I need and where would you recommend buying from? I would like to get everything from one place if possible.

    Thanks
    Rallying .... Because Football, Cricket and Golf only requires one ball.
  10. DJ Overdose's Avatar

    DJ Overdose said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    That did me. I reckon it will do you!


    DJ OD
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  11. purpleanimal23's Avatar

    purpleanimal23 said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Quote Originally Posted by snorty1uk View Post
    Hi All just about ready to take the plunge after over 30 years smoking!

    I have had a look through the thread and I am still a bit confused on what I actually need to buy

    I am looking at the ego c starter kit and a sample pack of juices but what else will I need and where would you recommend buying from? I would like to get everything from one place if possible.

    Thanks
    That should do you to get going, if you can wait get it from Health cabin (approx 2 weeks), if you'd rather not then my preffered supplier is liberty flights at the moment, enter df as a discount code for 15% off.
    Good thing with Liberty is you can buy 5ml juices so you can get a few flavours and strengths to see what you prefer, I would get PG based juice if you are just starting out VG can be a little thick.
  12. hotentot's Avatar

    hotentot said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Quote Originally Posted by snorty1uk View Post
    Hi All just about ready to take the plunge after over 30 years smoking!

    I have had a look through the thread and I am still a bit confused on what I actually need to buy

    I am looking at the ego c starter kit and a sample pack of juices but what else will I need and where would you recommend buying from? I would like to get everything from one place if possible.

    Thanks
    the only thing i can add to other comments is to get yourself some of the ego vision clearomisers, they make it so much easier to fill up compared to the carts you get with the ego c kit

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    ive been going solid now with the same kit and these for 3 weeks solid now, ive still got loads of samples and am slowly starting to find my fave juices

    good luck, you wont look back
  13. philmein121's Avatar

    philmein121 said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    this kit should get you started and last between 2 and 3 month before any new supplies ie juice clearos recomended for new users cost between 30 to 35


    one of these [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    one of these [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    two of these [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 1.8-2.0 ohm any colour


    one or 2 of these [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] any flavour or strenth

    if you are new stick to a tobacco flavour or maybe fruit i only like banana and blueberry tho ( last thing you want is loads of samples like me)
  14. snorty1uk's Avatar

    snorty1uk said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Hi all thanks for the replies.
    I have had a look about and digismoke seem to have the starter kit at a good rate 39.99 for the 1100mah that along with 4 flavours comes to 56 couldnt see the Cartomisers that were suggested is this the one [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ?

    Thanks again
    Rallying .... Because Football, Cricket and Golf only requires one ball.
  15. purpleanimal23's Avatar

    purpleanimal23 said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Not quite they are the slightly older ones that have a shorter wick, they aren't as good (I ordered one by mistake) I had a look and doesn't look like digismoke stock them yet.
  16. snorty1uk's Avatar

    snorty1uk said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Thanks for the info I will order everything from Digismoke and order the cartomisers from suggested site!

    Right onto the order page on Digismoke!

    Ordered!
    Rallying .... Because Football, Cricket and Golf only requires one ball.
  17. WRATH OF BOD's Avatar

    WRATH OF BOD said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    since i started this post i didnt know we had that many vapors in here.lol
    since i got the 510-t joyetech from health cabin(thanks to the info on here & i saved a fortune buying from china) its going well,i got some pg menthol from them but its not that minty,
    any recomendations for a good strong menthol but low MG (6-11mg)
    and not sure where to buy in the uk.i want ready made, i cant be arsed mixing my own.lol
    im using 3-4 fills a day? is that alot.
    anyway loving the fact i dont stink of smoke..
  18. tigro's Avatar

    tigro said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    Mixing your own will save you a lot of money, you can get refills for around 5 delivered, I got lambert and butler but it tastes more like vanilla, few drops lasts me the day, where as I would go through 3 cartridges a day.
  19. Hippie on hill's Avatar

    Hippie on hill said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    I don't think that's a lot for a new vaper with those small 510 tanks and low nic level liquid.
    How many ml is that a day? I try not to go over 3.5 ml a day, usually getting thro about 3ml on average and a bit more for the 1st few days after I drop the nic level in my liquids.
    It's really easy to sit there and puff away on an ecig for half an hour compared to smoking which usually takes about 6 mins to smoke before you've got to knub it out. So it's a good idea to keep an eye on how long you're vaping when u 1st start.

    I'm a big fan of mixing my own liquid now, starting with a flavoured nic liquid and diluting it with plain PG and flavour concentrates to get the right nic level and flavour I'm looking for. U could buy some menthol flavour concentrate or menthol crystals that dissolve into the liquid to strengthen the methol flavour in the liquid you've got. If you're going to alter the mix yourself don't forget that adding flavour concentrate liquid will also reduce the nic concentration too.

    Digismoke, liberty flights and totally wicked are all good UK suppliers. TW aren't the cheapest but they have a lot of deals, there's a code for liberty flights in this thread and Digismoke is run by a Datacave member and fellow vaper who only sells stuff he knows works.
  20. purpleanimal23's Avatar

    purpleanimal23 said:

    Default Re: E-cigs

    I didn't have any idea there were so many on here either, has anybody seen anybody else vaping out in the wild? I haven't and I'm not discreet and don't think I'd be the only one who isn't.