Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sickbeard and NZBs.org?

I use the SabtoSickbeard script and disables SB sorting.

My version of sab will not update internally but SB and CP does. It is bad that they charge for it but for the sake of £5 it saved me a lot of time. Further versions of Sab are charged for until they develop an internal update system.

ReadyNAS remote will only connect to your shares, you will need to setup port forwarding on your router with a DynDNS account to access the admin page or remotely connect to your PC and access the webpage like normal.

Thanks
    Karma Level

got sickbeard post processing working yesterday - stupid assumption on my part. By default the sab download folders is downloads\completed. The sick folder it looks at by default is downloads\Complete - hence why post processing didnt work!
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It takes a lot of work to set it up but once done it is awesome, almost completely automated. I now have my iTunes library on my ReadyNAS so any of my machines can be used to sync my iPhone/iPad, my default sab category sends files to the 'automatically add to itunes' folder. So now my TV Shows are taken care of by SB, my films by CP and I like to manually select tracks so I go to binsearch and search the song followed by MP3 and use the SABconnect++ Chrome plugin to send the songs to sab which are automatically put into iTunes which sorts them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds awesome - need to spend some more time on it. happy with sickbeard now - will sort out couch next - never used it before so that should be fun.
    I've just seen an iphone app called quoch which looks good. I will look into port forwarding (never done that before) next so i can access my nas from anywhere - that way i can use quoch to monitor the nas from anywhere. Is port forwarding secure?

getting it to work with itune will be the final step for me - i don't listen to much music so its low on the priority list - but still want to get it done eventually!

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If you enable a login to sab, sb and cp then change it from the default it will be secure. I used www.no-ip.com for my dynamic DNS and set up port forwarding on my BT homehub.

Not heard of quoch but I have iCouchPotato on my iPhone (requires jailbreak) and can access the control panel of all 3 apps through any web browser. Do you have a link for that app? Can't find it on google, app store or cydia.

EDIT:
    Found it, it has the o before u for some reason http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qouch/id480524518?mt=8

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    If you enable a login to sab, sb and cp then change it from the default it will be secure. I used www.no-ip.com for my dynamic DNS and set up port forwarding on my BT homehub.
    is there a tutorial you followed for that, or just something you knew how to do? Im just waiting for my new BT home hub to arrive, then will try to set this up! i havent paid for a static ip address, and plan to occasionally turn my nas off when im not going to use it - does that matter at all?

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I knew how to do it. If your NAS is off you won't be able to connect to the apps as the services will not be running but there won't be any problems when the NAS is turned on again.

I don't think the Homehub has DynamicDNS support built in so you will need to have the no-ip program running on your PC and connected to your no-ip host; This is how you can resolve the dynamic IP of your LAN over a WAN. Port forwarding is simple, portforward.com will have a guide for you. If you need any help then lmk, it seems daunting at first but as soon as you have the process clear in your head it gets easier as you can see where problems may lie.

BTW I just downloaded that app and it looks pretty awesome, I have it using my DynamicDNS as host so it should work anywhere in the world It has successfully connected to all 3 apps.

Thanks to evilsatan

Q-Ball (17th May 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I knew how to do it. If your NAS is off you won't be able to connect to the apps as the services will not be running but there won't be any problems when the NAS is turned on again.

I don't think the Homehub has DynamicDNS support built in so you will need to have the no-ip program running on your PC and connected to your no-ip host; This is how you can resolve the dynamic IP of your LAN over a WAN.
    this may be a problem for me - i don't want to leave a pc on all day. I've just downloaded the app - it does look pretty good and well laid out.
    if im on my local network, can i just type in the local ip? hopefully that should keep me going until i figure out how to setup the dynamic dns

Thanks
    Karma Level

You don't need a PC on all day, just your NAS, you are connecting direct to that on the network.

Both the couchpotato and qouch apps are good I just use my ip address and change it when sky change my ip :@
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

Thanks to ka$h

Q-Ball (17th May 2012)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Ball View Post
    this may be a problem for me - i don't want to leave a pc on all day. I've just downloaded the app - it does look pretty good and well laid out.
    if im on my local network, can i just type in the local ip? hopefully that should keep me going until i figure out how to setup the dynamic dns
    Yes you can use your ReadyNAS hostname or IP for the host in that app so when on your LAN it will work but not when you are elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ka$h View Post
    You don't need a PC on all day, just your NAS, you are connecting direct to that on the network.

Both the couchpotato and qouch apps are good I just use my ip address and change it when sky change my ip :@
    It is fine to use your WAN IP with port forwarding but a bit of a ballache as you don't know when the ISP will renew your IP and if you are out at the time you can't find out what it is. By setting up dynamic DNS (or paying for static IP) you will have a permanent solution. Some fairly cheap routers have dynamic DNS services inbuilt so you wouldn't need to have a PC permanently on but I don't think the homehub has this feature.

Thanks to evilsatan

Q-Ball (17th May 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

It is fine to use your WAN IP with port forwarding but a bit of a ballache as you don't know when the ISP will renew your IP and if you are out at the time you can't find out what it is. By setting up dynamic DNS (or paying for static IP) you will have a permanent solution. Some fairly cheap routers have dynamic DNS services inbuilt so you wouldn't need to have a PC permanently on but I don't think the homehub has this feature.
    For the amount of use it currently gets, I'm too tight to pay for a dyndns service. I'll take the gamble and change as I go for now

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ka$h View Post
    For the amount of use it currently gets, I'm too tight to pay for a dyndns service. I'll take the gamble and change as I go for now
    It's free at no-ip but I signed up for the enhanced service so I don't have to renew the account every 30 days, it was $6 for the year IIRC!

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's free at no-ip but I signed up for the enhanced service so I don't have to renew the account every 30 days, it was $6 for the year IIRC!
    That's not a bad price, but I only use it once/twice a month remotely so I'd have to change it each month with them which is no different from changing my ip as sky change it to me. If it was a daily thing or more frequent it would be worth it, but no for now. $6 year is a bargain

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm sure http://dyn.com & http://freedns.afraid.org/ are both free too for the first couple of domains. They charge if you need more (I've never paid 'em!)

I think Dyn.com is able to update your IP automatically too.

Thanks to DejaVu

ka$h (17th May 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to use dyn-dns years ago, and recently tried no-ip which was great until it timed out and I found using my ip easier. will have a look at those links though, thanks DV

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

dyn.com removed the free option If you already had a free account it remained active though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok guys, things all sorted on the TV front - very happy with that, but now have a few more issues!

1) Couchpotato - ive set it all up, but it doesnt seem to download movies. I am only after dvdrips, or blueray rips as my download is capped - ive added battleship and captain america to the list but nothing is happening. i believe they should be available - ive adding dejas nzb site, nzbrus, and newzbin

2) I transfered some photos to the box using the ftp service - unfortunately i had to do this by logging in as admin. I created a new user, but when i logged in via the user, i couldnt see the shares directly, only home/username

3) I have ready about an iphone app called 8player which lets you stream from dlna devices - so i would like to stream some music from a share to my phone, but i added the nas ip address and no joy - it didnt find it. Also, is dlna secure? can anyone who logs onto my wifi view the files?

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Couchpotato - Have the films moved to grabbed or are they stuck in the Wanted list? Can you run a manual search? (Scroll to bottom of page and click search now) Also check you are running the latest version.

You need to set up your shares permissions. On ReadyNAS Frontview goto Shares, Share Listing. Click the icons relating to the share you wish to alter and the protocol you wish to alter and change it to either a default write access or default to something else and add your user to the write permission section. You can setup groups and do it that way too if you like. Also make sure you FTP'd to an actual share, the user folders are private to their individual users. I use admin for all of my personal connections to the NAS.

Have you tried using the hostname? The shares should be protected by the share permissions so no-one can view files as long as the default access is disabled and they have an allowed user account.

Thanks
    Karma Level

couchpotato - they are stuck on the wanted list and don't move down. when i click on the about page, the version is UNKNOWN Build.

user access - i think ive sorted it, but when i click on shares -> share list, everything is blank!

still on joy on the dlna front - should i install twonky?
    Last edited by Q-Ball; 25th May 2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: build

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't use dlna so I'm not the best person to ask mate.

Are you logged into Frontview as admin? There should at least be default shares in there. The way I do it is create all shares and access on Frontview, then I map the \\hostname\c as a folder and connect as admin so I have full access at root in My Computer. You can then map individual shares if you wish.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast